Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

fruitpunch posted:

Does anyone know if there is a time limit on the discount for buying both Bayonetta 1&2 on the EU eshop? I don't think I'll want to get both on the same day. OTOH, since Nintendo are shitheads, I'll end up having to put 60 quid on my account anyway, so I may as well.

I don't think it's a limited-time offer, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There's a nude code for bayonetta 2

Well it's not a nude code, it's just an option you can turn on

The option is activated by default.

To turn it off you have to sift through the menus because it's menu is out of the way and convoluted.

You're stupid if you ever turn off nude mode is what platinum is trying to tell you.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
All I'm learning from this demo is that I have big fat stupid sausage fingers and can't pleasure a woman much less play Bayonetta 2. Sometimes it slows down when I'm not trying to dodge (like when that big thing is climbing up the Empire State building). I'm confused and sad and interested.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The Taint Reaper posted:

There's a nude code for bayonetta 2

Well it's not a nude code, it's just an option you can turn on

The option is activated by default.

To turn it off you have to sift through the menus because it's menu is out of the way and convoluted.

You're stupid if you ever turn off nude mode is what platinum is trying to tell you.

I assume "nude mode off" is her wearing that gray jumpsuit that she was wearing in the E3 promotional gameplay.

Ometeotl fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 15, 2014

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Ometeotl posted:

I assume "nude mode off" is her wearing that gray jumpsuit that she was wearing in the El promotional gameplay.

It really should be denim cut-offs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Echoing how radical this game is. The swords and whips feel much better to use.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Going to buy a Wii U as soon as I'm not broke as poo poo. Looking forward to Bayonetta 2, and also being able to play Bayonetta 1 on something that isn't a PS3.

Not counting games that give you all the trophies just for beating the game (like Walking Dead and Virtue's Last Reward), Deadly Premonition and Bayonetta are the only games I've bothered getting a platinum trophy on.

And I don't have to worry about anyone walking in on me playing Bayonetta because I live with my mother and play games with headphones on in a room with the windows blacked out :smug:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Twitch posted:

And I don't have to worry about anyone walking in on me playing Bayonetta because I live with my mother and play games with headphones on in a room with the windows blacked out :smug:

Not really something to be proud about.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Twitch posted:

I'm sad this is too long to become the new thread title.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Seriously what sort of grown rear end man is afraid of someone walking in on them playing a video game? If someone sees tits so the gently caress what? Like nothing will happen. Shrug it off.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Seriously what sort of grown rear end man is afraid of someone walking in on them playing a video game? If someone sees tits so the gently caress what? Like nothing will happen. Shrug it off.

Someone with social status to lose you creep

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

notZaar posted:

Someone with social status to lose you creep

If a President of the United States can bang an intern and not be impeached, then the average person can have a videogame with boobs in it and nobody will give a poo poo.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

The ghosts that haunt the campus might be all puritanical and poo poo. I know at least one of them is an actual nun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

If a President of the United States can bang an intern and not be impeached, then the average person can have a videogame with boobs in it and nobody will give a poo poo.

Uh, he was impeached. You may have heard about it, there was a lot of news coverage.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

Uh, he was impeached. You may have heard about it, there was a lot of news coverage.

He wasn't impeached for the affair, infidelity isn't an impeachable offense to my knowledge.

That being said, if you're ashamed of playing a game and feel like people wouldn't understand why you're playing it maybe you shouldn't be playing it.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

and then acquitted and served out his term, leaving with the highest approval ratings of a president since ww2

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
The gently caress has this thread become?

Came for Bayonetta hype, left with dudes in their basement with Bill Clinton.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sulphix posted:

The gently caress has this thread become?

Came for Bayonetta hype, left with dudes in their basement with Bill Clinton.

Everyone in this thread is still hype for bayonetta, I don't know what you're talking about.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
Played the Demo again, gonna be nice to see what else they let you do with the magic system. Umbran Climax seems like a definite improvement, as it kinda sucked in the first one that there wasn't much to blow magic on aside from insta-weaves and torture attacks. Most of the magic-using items didn't really come into play until later in the game. Curious what all the new accessories will do. Ridiculous how quickly the clone one could just melt through enemies once activated.

Also wish they had co-op in the demo. As someone who's played the original, that's the poo poo I wanna see. Always hate it when the demo for a game is the prologue, as they rarely are indicative of what the user will actually be doing a majority of the time. Fun to see the new sword and whip items though, glad they had those to play with.

Not really sure how strong or even viable the online community for a game like this will be, although I've heard some people say the co-op is one of the strongest parts. May be time to revisit the Nintendo Network Thread.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The online is pretty robust as far as what you can see and fight in it. I'll leave it at that. There aren't that many new accessories though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm really hoping the online holds up. That is the one thing I'm pretty sure I'll leave feeling iffy about.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Are you gonna still be able to turn into animals and stuff too?

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm fairly certain one of the non-spoilery combo vids someone posted from the japanese version showed off the giant bird transformation (Crow Within, was it?), so I would think yes.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Neo Rasa posted:

You can turn in to a manta ray or something, maybe a dolphin.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

I think you turn into a leopard to run around.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ugh I just got a PS4 and can't justify getting a Wii U so close to it

I guess I'll pick up Bayo2 for half the price in a year, sorry Platinum

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Return your PS4 and come join us for tasteful tits and fashionable fighting.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
Yoshesque you might find this interesting:

a bro posted:

OK. I now know exactly why there is Witch Time in Non-Stop Climax mode now.

Platinum have built a whole new game into the Taunt mechanic, it's sort of like the variable difficulty of God Hand (sort of).

In the original Bayonetta you had tonnes of systems and lots of different ways to play the game. Bayonetta 2 presents one grand system which is consistent across all modes, but this system bends according to the player's skill.

The grade requirements in this game are really high! I've not even managed a Platinum Rank yet on a chapter, let alone Pure Platinum (playing on 3rd Climax Mode). Due to the high grade requirements you HAVE TO Taunt to enrage your targets as often as possible to maximise points. This is the reason you can't Taunt Offset any more, it didn't actually serve a purpose in the original, but in this game you HAVE TO take the risk and Taunt between your attack sequences in order to keep the enemies enraged.

The Taunt effect has been beefed up, a lot. Taunting increases the speed and power of all enemy types and actually changes their attack signposts so they are harder to read. On top of this, dodging the attacks of an enraged enemy now awards a very tiny amount of Witch Time. It's a variable difficulty mechanic flawlessly worked into the core system of Bayonetta we all recognise.

Every single thing people were bitching about are actually positive changes. The problem is that gamers today only seem capable of looking at each change in isolation, you need to judge the changes based on the entire system. It ALL fits!

The two games (Bayo 1 and 2) compliment rather than replace each other and every single thing people bitched about is wrong. Bayo 1 is a completely free system with many different parts and modes vs the game's hazards, Bayo 2 is a single structured and unified system vs the game's hazards. Bayo 2 is far more focussed, they really force you to use EVERYTHING in order to get the grades. Like for example, in Bayo 1 Scarborough Fair is so bloody amazing you don't actually NEED to use any other weapon, and for months I didn't. But in Bayo 2 each weapon is like half a book, you NEED to pair them up and learn how to maximise the potential of each pairing.

In Bayo 1 you can do just about anything, anytime, anywhere. In Bayo 2 you HAVE TO do certain things. For this reason I feel that Bayo 2 has a clearly defined structure to combat and you can identify and follow that structure as the path you must take in order to improve. Bayo 1 does not have this structure so it's harder to gauge exactly where you need to improve.

They are both such wildly different games, I cannot stress this enough!

They MAKE you do things in Bayo 2, like for example I never once deactivated special attacks in Bayo 1, but in Bayo 2 you'll find that by having a certain special attack activated, it will override something else. You actually have to adjust the character settings based on your play style, whereas in Bayo 1 you never actually had to do this.

An example of an attack which overrides something I cannot be without is the new rising Punch attack (same command as After Burner Kick but with Punch). This attack overrides the trick I love to do with the Tetsuzanko (triple Wicked Weaves):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6DHHrn5rsc

As the Jump cancel part of the input now activates this new punch special, I disable the new punch as I prefer to have rapid Wicked Weaves at my disposal.

They've also overhauled the Lock-On system. I was really struggling to make my hands accept the Wii U controller and I couldn't understand why they switched the buttons round (you can switch them back to the original layout). In the original game, the Lock-On directly affected the range of Wicked Weaves, basically it was:

No Lock-on: weaves can be directed in any direction, but only at close range.
With Lock-on: weaves track the target so you can attack at long range.

In Bayo 2 you don't need to manage the lock-on at all apart from when you want to lock into a direction to perform directional commands. I don't know the exact logic of it, but Wicked Weaves will now track your target whether you are locked-on or not. So suppose you combo an enemy without lock-on then blast it away (out of melee attack range) with a Wicked Weave, if you follow up with a command weave like the Tetsuzanko or Heel Stomp, the weave will still track and connect. This simple change let's you string together all kinds of crazy stuff without having to manage the lock-on during your inputs.

All of the changes they have made are like this, they are trimming out loads of fat and only leaving what's required, there's NO mess!

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
I'm legitimately excited about this game, and when I saw reviews popping up I got super pumped since I thought it was out. At least there's a demo for me to grab.

iron_weasel
Oct 17, 2011

But then a tea bowl that is too perfect has no charm.

To redeem the sin of no Bayo2 the best absolution would be playing Evil Within.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

iron_weasel posted:

To redeem the sin of no Bayo2 the best absolution would be playing Evil Within.

I imported Bayo 1 since the Japanese version was fully in English and came out months earlier, and it cost me more than $100

I did my time

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

I imported Bayo 1 since the Japanese version was fully in English and came out months earlier, and it cost me more than $100

I did my time

And yet you won't be playing Bayonetta 2. :(

I kinda wish E-Shop let you preorder just so I could pay it off and be lazy for next week.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Really hesitant to buy this - not because it's not a good game, but because I'm just so burnt out on 3rd person action games.

Same reason I am not picking up Shadows of Mordor - I put maybe 4 hours into AC4 before getting bored, and the last 3d action game I finished was Lords of Shadow 2 (and what a piece of crap that was).

Thoughts?

edit: Lots of T&A will definitely sway me. Is this a game with lots of T&A?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Zaa Boogie posted:

And yet you won't be playing Bayonetta 2. :(

I kinda wish E-Shop let you preorder just so I could pay it off and be lazy for next week.

Just buy $60 in Eshop cards and leave them on your Wii U with a big note that says "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL BAYONETTA-MAS"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

oswald ownenstein posted:

Really hesitant to buy this - not because it's not a good game, but because I'm just so burnt out on 3rd person action games.

Same reason I am not picking up Shadows of Mordor - I put maybe 4 hours into AC4 before getting bored, and the last 3d action game I finished was Lords of Shadow 2 (and what a piece of crap that was).

Thoughts?

SoM is a good game. Bayonetta 2 is a good game. Buy both of them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Thoughts?

Don't worry, you're not burnt out on 3rd person action games, you've just been playing Assassin's Creed, once you play something that has action you'll be good. Try out Shadows of Mordor to wake up your fingers from their slumber.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nah it's pretty tame, a family game.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Thoughts?

This game plays very, very differently than those games do. It's a linear brawler with an emphasis on combat depth and reflexes. It's more in the vein of an old-school brawler than an open world freeform action-adventure.

Edit: If you've ever played a God of War game, imagine that but faster and better.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Are you a god damned clown or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXyabGSsI0

• Locked thread