Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

gnarlyhotep posted:

so now that you are all grown up I assume you only like shows that are aimed directly at your age group?

Yeah I don't like shows about ponies and anime lasers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

gnarlyhotep posted:

so now that you are all grown up I assume you only like shows that are aimed directly at your age group?

He's been really loving pissed about "Beakman's World" for at least a decade.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Ramsus posted:

Yeah I didn't like that one or Night Court as a kid either. Both made me really mad because I was a kid and enjoyed kid shows.

If you didn't like Night Court, I don't like you :colbert:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Ramsus posted:

Yeah I don't like shows about ponies and anime lasers

yeah nobody mentioned that but ok

so what do you like?

egon_beeblebrox posted:

He's been really loving pissed about "Beakman's World" for at least a decade.

lol

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Beakman's world was probably around my target age group, but I didn't like it or Bill Nye. They were patronizing and really cheesy.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

ProfessorMurder posted:

If you didn't like Night Court, I don't like you :colbert:

I might now. I'll keep you posted.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Ramsus posted:

Beakman's world was probably around my target age group, but I didn't like it or Bill Nye. They were patronizing and really cheesy.

I like this angry viewer thing

what shows have you really enjoyed?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I liked the original TNMT and Xmen. I also liked the disney afternoon. I was a kid right before it was all anime.

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer
Mash is fantastic. You have good taste Internet person.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I'm sorry, but the idea of a Johnny Got His Gun sitcom is legit hilarious. It'd basically be a radio show broadcast on TV.

I'm seeing a wacky, incompetent hospital staff and the hijinks that ensue, and johnny is basically an annoying prop. maybe a doctor and a nurse sneak off to johnny's room and things start getting hot and heavy when johnny starts making horrifying screams and gurgling noises while spasming uncontrollably and they give up and say in unison "that's our johnny"

maybe there's a vigilant nurse who guards him against a perverse janitor.

this might be better than MASH.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

BeefThief posted:

mash is up there with matlock, hogan's heros and murder she wrote in the 'old folks love it' category

Hey, I'm 26 and murder she wrote is loving boss. Angela Lansbury plays a serial killer that never gets caught for like 10 years :colbert:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Ramsus posted:

I liked the original TNMT and Xmen. I also like the disney afternoon. I was a kid right before it was all anime.

I find this endlessly hilarious because I was a kid in the late 1970s before any of that existed

so hey you go man, it's all better when you were a kid

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
Theres some cable channel that used to marathon M*A*S*H every christmas. I like the show so I thought it was cool but in retrospect what a depressing thing to watch on christmas. Do they still do that?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Charles Emerson Winchester III: "What is that odor? Oh yes, goons!.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

BJ > Trapper
Winchester > Burns

I like it when people complain about later seasons of MASH.

"Oh man this show is so dumb now, one of the actor's is directing and cares more about being weird and making his stupid preachy arguments than being funny or interesting and the stories don't go anywhere and the plot just kepts jumping around for no reason from episode to episode. This is poo poo."

*Sits and watches Twin Peaks*

"This is good."

Don't get me wrong, I like MASH and Twin Peaks, but they are very similar in a lot of ways. Makes you think.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

they aren't similar at all and david lynch has created shits more interesting than mash

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Kame kame hame hame
Kame hame hame ha
Kame kame hame ha
Kame kame hame haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The only thing that bugs me about MASH is the constant jump cuts that make it feel like they cut out footage

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
I like MASH but was Radar 40 or 18 years old? They'd be playing up his dumb naivete and the next scene he's bald with back hair and crow's feet.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
ITT really old people who probably saw Gilligan's Island when it was airing on TV and not replayed a bajillion times on TNT.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

In college I wrote a paper comparing MASH to an ancient Roman comedy.

Mostly because I hate research and this way all I had to do was spend a weekend watching MASH instead of doing real work.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Meatwave posted:

I like MASH but was Radar 40 or 18 years old? They'd be playing up his dumb naivete and the next scene he's bald with back hair and crow's feet.

In the show early on he drank and smoked with the rest of them, then later he was scared to taste alcohol. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Ramsus posted:

Mr. Wizard was the best, but like MASH you need to be old to watch it.

If you're young, sorry you aren't allowed, go watch reruns of Buffy or something.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

In the show early on he drank and smoked with the rest of them, then later he was scared to taste alcohol. Weird.

Also conscription in the late 40's and early 50's meant that old guys got drafted, too.

• Locked thread