Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
The Goon Show was one of the funniest shows ever.

Peter Sellers
Spike Milligan
Harry Seacombe
Michael Bentine (until 1952)

From 1940ish to 1969 they had a regular half hour slot on BBC Radio

My favourite Goon Show song:

Ying Tong Ying Tong Ying Tong Ying Tong Ying Tong Iddle I Po

Favourite sketch:

There's somebody knocking at the door

Or listen to a whole episode - there's plenty on yt:

(playlist of 17 here) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOwlA-fj9nE&list=PL78D5E5BE2C5B5233

Show your appreciation for the show that made my dad laugh as a kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
i know it got drowned out by the 5 thread revolution but I think The Goon Show desrves some recognition.

also it was my only effort thread. have a listen and a laugh

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

thanks, i listned and laughed some times. i liked the gag with the glasses

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

"hey mac, are these glasses empty?" "I dont know, have a look" ha ha ha ha, and then the glases on the eyes!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

"oh a wise guy huh" he says then goes "nyeeehhhh" and tries to poke him in the eyes but he holds his hand up and block it! ha ha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
"I don't know who you are, sir, or where you've come from, but you've made me feel like a new woman!" (Alternate ending: "you've done me a power of good!")

Without the Goons there probably wouldn't have been Monty Python.

• Locked thread