Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Lets talk about our home state, one of the best in the union and the most important one every 4 years. So important that the DNC and RNC fought over who could host their convention here!

We get 4 real seasons, and the sports teams are turning it around. What's not to love?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
I like that it's shaped like a shield. If I had to hide behind a state, it'd be this one.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
starting construction, construction, still construction, and winter, op

gorki
Aug 9, 2014

Gross Dude posted:

I like that it's shaped like a shield. If I had to hide behind a state, it'd be this one.

i think it kinda looks like a fetal texas

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
OMG an Ohio thread? Time for sports talk!

Go Browns.

Hahaha, just kidding the Browns are terrible. Did anyone see Draft Day?

Go Indians! J/K the Indians haven't been good since the 90's.

Go Cavs! We got LeBron James back so now we have two good players. I am sure this will make us winners.
it will not

gently caress Ohio State forever.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Jenner posted:

fly away, troll

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I live in Ohio.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
Kings of flight both terrestrial, and interstellar. Tied for producing the most Presidents with Virginia. poo poo ton of awesome, drunken, insane civil war generals. Yep, Ohio is the crown jewel of the rust belt.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HarlanHell posted:

Kings of flight both terrestrial, and interstellar. Tied for producing the most Presidents with Virginia. poo poo ton of awesome, drunken, insane civil war generals. Yep, Ohio is the crown jewel of the rust belt.

Rule 52 says otherwise.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Jenner posted:

OMG an Ohio thread? Time for sports talk!

Go Browns.

Hahaha, just kidding the Browns are terrible. Did anyone see Draft Day?

Go Indians! J/K the Indians haven't been good since the 90's.

Go Cavs! We got LeBron James back so now we have two good players. I am sure this will make us winners.
it will not

Hey what about the Bengals and the Reds? Phhh haha just kidding they blow loving chowder even when they're halfway decent.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

bengals missed a ~16 yard field goal in the last 10 seconds of overtime this sunday

ohio sports :smug:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

having lived in both cleveland and cincinnati is pretty hilarious that they're on opposite corners of the state and they're obsessed with completely terrible teams in different sport

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Don't forget, Ohio is also the home of John "Goddamnit it's pronounced 'Bay-ner" Boehner.

Last time he was up for election he ran unopposed, so I did a write-in for "No one".

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cthulu Carl posted:

Don't forget, Ohio is also the home of John "Goddamnit it's pronounced 'Bay-ner" Boehner.

Last time he was up for election he ran unopposed, so I did a write-in for "No one".

I briefly considered running against him this year because, why not? Then I realized that would require effort, so I drove up to Cheeks instead.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Go Browns.

Einsteins Kegels
Dec 25, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I left Ohio and you can't make me go back.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Einsteins Kegels posted:

I left Ohio and you can't make me go back.

The one thing I can say about Ohio is, at least it's not Kansas.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
How about corn? corn is interesting!

hahaha

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

ohio owns because there's a hofbrauhaus in every major ohio city now :toot:

illestG
Oct 8, 2009

Browns got 2 in a row and the Cavs are about to loving slay this year. It's a good time to be living in Tha Land.

Gentleman Blogger
Sep 19, 2003

directions make no sense in the grand scheme of things.
Columbus is cool. Hip hop, cheap Greek food everywhere, Hound Dogs Pizza, Bernie's (yeh, really, I still love it), fighting the football team, riots on Chittenden, all sorts of poo poo.

PS GO BLUE.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

columbus is also flat as gently caress so you can actually walk everywhere as opposed to cincinnati, where everything is uphill

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

I briefly considered running against him this year because, why not? Then I realized that would require effort, so I drove up to Cheeks instead.

I did too, but yeah effort and also Conservative Shithole. Might be worth it to call Boehner bitchmade in a debate or something.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cthulu Carl posted:

I did too, but yeah effort and also Conservative Shithole. Might be worth it to call Boehner bitchmade in a debate or something.

lol, you think either of us is wealthy or affluent enough to make it to a debate

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

cincinnati was voted the most racist city in america

eat that, liberals

edit: isnt boeher's district all of the suburbs that were too white for regular white cincinnati like mason, morrow, and wherever butter jesus was?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Business Gorillas posted:

cincinnati was voted the most racist city in america

eat that, liberals

Yeah, I've definitely seen that a lot here :smith:

There are days I wish I lived in Dayton instead.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Business Gorillas posted:

edit: isnt boeher's district all of the suburbs that were too white for regular white cincinnati like mason, morrow, and wherever butter jesus was?

Yes

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

lol, you think either of us is wealthy or affluent enough to make it to a debate

Hey I said "or something".

Of course yeah, given the funding available that'd probably consist of me standing on Union Centre shouting "Boehner's a bitchmade weepy man! How much taxpayer money does he spend on fake tans? Vote for me!"

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
We also have Mr. Hero which is only in Ohio, and Marcs which is likely only in Ohio. Cool state all around and we have like a ton of zoos, so if you love animals come move to Ohio!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Michael Corleone posted:

if you love animals come move to Ohio!

*offer excludes morally inept

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Why has no one mentioned Youngstown and it's fabulous Joker Club?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

columbus is also nearly as gay as san francisco, so id definitely fit in

*edit* barring some body dimension concerns, of course

Woodglue
May 8, 2008

Gentleman Blogger posted:

Columbus is cool. Hip hop, cheap Greek food everywhere, Hound Dogs Pizza, Bernie's (yeh, really, I still love it), fighting the football team, riots on Chittenden, all sorts of poo poo.

PS GO BLUE.

God Bless Tressel for literally murdering M's football program. I bet Wolverine boosters would give up a testicle to get Lloyd Carr back now. Penn State will win a Big Ten Championship before the school up north.

Also Cincinnati the place in the Union most likely to hear "I'm not racist, but..."

illestG
Oct 8, 2009

It's beer week.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I've definitely seen that a lot here :smith:

There are days I wish I lived in Dayton instead.

Live in Dayton so you can hang with the white people and all their hired help. All the Tea Party towns are like 10 minutes away too, it's a sweet setup.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Stone Cold Steve Austin's brother I think coaches our football team.

P_T_S
Aug 28, 2009

Dayton is definitely a lot less racist than Cincinnati. It's like The South Lite down here and I want to vomit every time I hear someone equate a bad neighborhood with "a place a brown person possibly rested in".

I-75 will never be finished. Never.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Cthulu Carl posted:

the only counties worth living in are the ones that vote democrat and even then columbus > cleveland for non-shitholeness

cleveland is awesome for food though, so many great places to eat. its how we deal with our midwestern rustbelt-ness

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Melchior posted:

cleveland is awesome for food though, so many great places to eat. its how we deal with our midwestern rustbelt-ness

The Cleveland episode of No Reservations is hilarious because the first place Bourdain gets dragged to is a loving Skyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Liver
May 4, 2009

If you do not believe black people actually exist move to Mason and you will never be proven wrong

• Locked thread