Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jesus loving christ every roommate I've ever had in the past just drank my beer and struggled to make rent. You grab hold of that guy and you never let him go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Marry him, if you have to.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Marry him, if you have to.

Seconding this.

If anything, pee in his butt.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 253 days!)

cursedshitbox posted:

If anything, pee in his butt.

..but he looks like a flannelesbian? Sure he might like fanny play- but I believe we need to use the British interpetation.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

West SAAB Story posted:

..but he looks like a flannelesbian? Sure he might like fanny play- but I believe we need to use the British interpetation.

Pegging?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Great. You just gave GBS 2.x a new word. <:mad:>

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
It was 70 god damned degrees out today.

We used the break in the weather to our advantage:

These things may be slightly over-engineered... my roommate was jumping on it:

drat Chinese junk...

Quitting point:

gently caress painting.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Can you lend me your roommate so he can make me some bad rear end cabinets?

After you're done of course.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Came home to a lovely sight. Here's 9 feet (half the full length) of doorless, drawerless, counterless, half-primed, half-backed cabinet:

Front:

Rear:

This is gonna be so loving awesome.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Still need doors, drawers, paint, and we aren't quite finished priming, but we have cabinets in time for the party tonight:

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I'm about to head out -- be seein' yall

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Oh man cabinent goonp.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Hell yeah that looks great! Hope y'all have a great time.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Best party I've been to in years and it still isn't over yet!

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Realtalk what the everloving gently caress was that cartoon we watched about bill. Also i demand my redtext. Make it so.

But mostly bill doe. The gently caress was that.

Also Norway I hope you fly safe hone! What an odd party in the best way

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

It's such a beautiful day

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

What the everloveing gently caress. I have cuts on my hands, their is awhat appears to be motor grease on my chest, everything tastes like HamSammies and Steel Reserve, I'm preatty sure me and another goon almost broke into a 711 while his fiancee watched, and I had realtalk with internet people.

Thanks for haveing us! You know its a goon party when the fireworks start at 930, and the evening ends with you swapping literall war stories with a norwegian while you examine the hosts gun collection while watching the wierdest godamn movie.

BUT SERIOUSLY WHY IS THERE PISTON GREASE ON NY CHEST OH GOD :gooncamp:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

AcidRonin posted:

What the everloveing gently caress. I have cuts on my hands, their is awhat appears to be motor grease on my chest, everything tastes like HamSammies and Steel Reserve, I'm preatty sure me and another goon almost broke into a 711 while his fiancee watched, and I had realtalk with internet people.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it: AI has the best goon meets ever.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Let's play spot the goons:

Norwegian brought his home-brew and it was delicious:

There was a dance-off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiNDhqeETiU

The backyard during all of this:

Adjustable height beer pong:

Jormungandr disapproves of the smoking:

Morning after:

Special shout out to iForge, Terrible Robot, and Moxie Omen. Thanks for coming out guys.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Fending off the hangover from last night, I received a text from a buddy. He wanted to put this:

into this:

for this:

Well that's obviously happening.

Ball joints are stubborn and required a talk from the maul:

Bumpers are a luxury:

Lazy-rear end subframes hanging by their sway bars n poo poo:

Jimmy I don't like you hanging out with that other transmission and his radical left-wing no 6th gear ideas:

We're going to separate you two:

There, now isn't that better:

Beer fridge post-party:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Glad to see the Black&Tans were a big hit! :) I was kinda disappointed with that Devil's Backbone sampler, was hoping for some of their other brews.

It was great to meet all you guys, never expected to meet so many Volvo people there. Whoever brought the HamSammies, they were amazing.

Also, huge thanks to Adiabatic for hosting and being an all around great guy.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 11, 2015

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Have a look at what's in the bag.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Terrible Robot posted:

Glad to see the Black&Tans were a big hit! :) I was kinda disappointed with that Devil's Backbone sampler, was hoping for some of their other brews.

The sampler packs they put out are always really 'safe' and just have their flagships it really sucks because they make some good stuff

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
What an awesome party! We drank a stupid amount of beer, rum, vodka, and moonshine and it was great. Waking up sucked, and so did driving home, but it was worth it. Thanks again Adiabatic for hosting an awesome party and letting me crash on your couch. You still need to text me your paypal address btw.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

iForge I just texted you my paypal. Thanks for staying up and partying with Jo the Norwegian until like 6am. I couldn't hang after 3.

Trans swap buddy also put some new wheels on while he was over:

I helped a hellaflush oh god what have I done :suicide:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Maaaaaaaaan I hope you got more than 12 dales for a transmission job!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

You underestimate the deliciousness of Dale's Pale Ale.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

You underestimate the deliciousness of Dale's Pale Ale.

I know I've had at least a couple dozen of those in the past, and I have a number in mind that would get me to do a transmission swap for beer. It's 500 beers.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Not to get all E/N but despite his hellaflush tendencies he's a good guy and was in a bit of a bind. He was going to do it on jack-stands out on the street in 20° weather and that's ridiculous.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Well you're clearly a good dude. I wish you'd built that thing here in San Diego :) I'd be the guy offering a 6-pack for a motor swap.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Adiabatic, are you actually helping your friends wrench-turn, or are you just sitting on the sidelines and heckling? Because if the latter is the case, then a tranny swap is totally worth two six packs.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I'm usually the one taking the lead on these projects as they have no idea what the gently caress. This guy actually knew what the gently caress so it went quick and I sidelined more than I would have normally, but yeah I'm absolutely in the trenches.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 13, 2015

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Open a closer garage. Mine barely fits two cars, and they don't go outside. NEARLY EVER.

It is also abysmally small for both width and length. I have to park two this-century cars slightly sideways to make them fit. That ain't right. I managed to fit a decent toolbox and the cars, but can't have either the cars, or the toolbox open at the same time. :downs:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

^^ The Shadetree Mechanic's Franchise! ^^

Roommate's Grand Cherokee cracked a head or some such nonsense. He's pulling one from the junkyard today and we're putting it in this weekend.

Some dude randomly wants to take some pictures of Subarus in my garage because they like that poo poo I guess.

Also have a turbo swap coming up on... you guessed it... a Subaru.

I really need to find some non-Subaru people.

Edit: Oh, I also have a weird intermittent vague feeling in the front end of the MR2 that I suspect is a worn tie rod giving up the ghost. We'll see for sure after the "new" cylinder head is on the Sneep.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 16, 2015

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

^^ The Shadetree Mechanic's Franchise! ^^

Roommate's Grand Cherokee cracked a head or some such nonsense. He's pulling one from the junkyard today and we're putting it in this weekend.

Some dude randomly wants to take some pictures of Subarus in my garage because they like that poo poo I guess.

Also have a turbo swap coming up on... you guessed it... a Subaru.

Edit: Oh, I also have a weird intermittent vague feeling in the front end of the MR2 that I suspect is a worn tie rod giving up the ghost. We'll see for sure after the "new" cylinder head is on the Sneep.

I hope the turbo swap is someone going up a size and not someone replacing a bad turbo thats probably already half way through fragging their motor :ohdear:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yep. Some dude is putting a VF43 in his WRX, whatever that is.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
If I lived closer how do you feel about jjjjjjaaaaagggs and rovers pissing oil every where?

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Adiabatic posted:

Join us in the warm embrace of carcosa. Rejoice! For headgasket failure is not the end!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Get some rover friends, head gasket failure is only the beginning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Roommate spent 3 hours taking a new-looking shiny head off a junkyard motor to find two shattered pistons embedded in it.

Guess I'm going to the yard tomorrow :haw: