Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Oh, the difference BEING ELITE can make in the post-season.

The defense was awful the year he won :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

The defense was awful the year he won :colbert:

They played out of their loving minds in the play-offs, though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

But so did Flacco

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's rained so much today that pregame reports has the Patriots getting a ton of extra balls ready for the game. Supposed to taper off by kickoff at least.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

The run defense was a massive liability. The only game in the playoffs where they looked decent was the AFCCG when they shutout New England in the 2nd half.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I looked at some stats for the year and the Raven and Falcons offenses are pretty goddamn similar, not unlike their QB's, with the exception that it takes like 3 RB's to get Forsett's production.

The defense are like... night and loving day, so yeah, I fully expect the Falcons to be torched. The situation is so bad, I've added Torey Smith and Justin Forsett to starter roles on my fantasy Roster.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

No, they didn't actually. The only good game they had was against the Broncos.

Sour Diesel posted:

The run defense was a massive liability. The only game in the playoffs where they looked decent was the AFCCG when they shutout New England in the 2nd half.

They got shredded by the Patriots. The only reason it wasn't a shootout in that game was that they got lucky with some key turnovers.

FeedingHam2Cats fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 16, 2014

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

Kalli posted:

It's rained so much today that pregame reports has the Patriots getting a ton of extra balls ready for the game. Supposed to taper off by kickoff at least.

....TNF is going to be TNF as gently caress again tonight isn't it?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The defense was ok in the 2012 playoffs which was a huge step up from what they were during the season. But it was never great really. They were doing ok in the Superbowl too until Ngata went down and then it was like oh poo poo the dam broke.

And yeah sit Osmele this week if we have to. Cincinnati is a gigantic win if we can somehow get it. If Monroe and Osemele could be back for that team it would be amazing

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 17, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Clowney didn't practice today, seems unlikely he'll play Monday

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Osemele is officially listed as doubtful for the Falcons game this weekend, obviously the same with Monroe.

Jernigan is probable :getin:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

Osemele is officially listed as doubtful for the Falcons game this weekend, obviously the same with Monroe.

Jernigan is probable :getin:

Hay, maybe that means the Falcons will pressure Flacco.

There's no way they get a sack unless a play is just loving broken.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Hay, maybe that means the Falcons will pressure Flacco.

There's no way they get a sack unless a play is just loving broken.

The Ravens have 2 overwhelmed rookies on the left side of the line with a rookie blocking TE for help. If they just keep overloading that side eventually they'll take Joe down.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Bridgewater looked great against Atlantas lovely D and awful against Detroits awesome D. I don't expect much out of him against Buffalo. Especially with the Vikes awful O-line.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

The Ravens have 2 overwhelmed rookies on the left side of the line with a rookie blocking TE for help. If they just keep overloading that side eventually they'll take Joe down.

I don't think a single pass rusher on this squad could even school a rookie.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Bridgewater looked great against Atlantas lovely D and awful against Detroits awesome D. I don't expect much out of him against Buffalo. Especially with the Vikes awful O-line.

this lovely o-line better not carr, couch, et al his development. It's so loving terrible.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Dubious posted:

this lovely o-line better not carr, couch, et al his development. It's so loving terrible.

The Vikings are our NFC dopplegangers.
Both teams offensive lines are stinking it up hardcore.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Kawalimus posted:

The defense was ok in the 2012 playoffs which was a huge step up from what they were during the season. But it was never great really. They were doing ok in the Superbowl too until Ngata went down and then it was like oh poo poo the dam broke.

I will never ever understand why the 49ers threw the ball 3 times on the two yard line when they had a great o line and frank gore facing a defense that lost it's best defender on the line. They would have won that game if they weren't so dumb.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

I will never ever understand why the 49ers threw the ball 3 times on the two yard line when they had a great o line and frank gore facing a defense that lost it's best defender on the line. They would have won that game if they weren't so dumb.

But you see... they'd be expeting that. :psyduck:

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Cam Newton is going to make the Packers defense look really bad. The Packers offense will look good but not good enough to make up for the 34 points Carolina will drop.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Febreeze posted:

Yeah it was a classic case of outsmarting themselves. Also they really REALLY messed up by blowing their second timeout in that goal to go situation. If they hadn't done that they would have probably gotten another possession with good field position.

I'm glad they did that though cause I credit that last pass as the play that turned Jimmy Smith from first round bust into really good player, whether he committed interference or not. Who would've thought in 2011 that in 2014 Jimmy Smith would be having a better career than Webb. Imagine if Webb could stay healthy!

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 18, 2014

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

schweens posted:

Cam Newton is going to make the Packers defense look really bad. The Packers offense will look good but not good enough to make up for the 34 points Carolina will drop.

Sam Shields and Datone Jones are both out for tomorrow's game. It'll be even worse.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
A rookie pass-rusher wasn't going to tackle Cam Newton anyway, but Sam Shields being out means Benjamin is going to loving own.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Is Benjamin back from his concussion, then?

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
ya Benjamin is apparently fine

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
He traveled to Green Bay which is a pretty good indicator of him playing.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Febreeze posted:

The Greg Roman Experience

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If the 49ers score there the Ravens would get the ball back with like a minute thirty to go which would just lead to a more impressive Joe Flacco victory.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Brannock posted:

Sam Shields and Datone Jones are both out for tomorrow's game. It'll be even worse.

The dropoff probably won't be huge. Hayward and House are both reasonably competent generally (and both looked pretty good in coverage last game), and Datone Jones hasn't been a bulldozer this year (though he certainly looks better than last year - the year in an NFL offseason strength program probably helped him a lot) so I don't think the dropoffs at CB and DE are going to be massive. I'm more worried that Brad Jones may start another game at middle linebacker.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just saw Brice McCain is starting for the Steelers on Monday. Jesus, if the Texans had a QB worth a drat that might be a nice weakness to take advantage of

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hey Intruder you might want to set aside 10 or 15$ because you bet on the most sacked QB in the league staying upright against arguably the best pass rush in the NFL. I will be shocked if you aren't banned by the Sunday night game.

I wouldn't take a bet on Ben avoiding a sack just in the first quarter.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

Hey Intruder you might want to set aside 10 or 15$ because you bet on the most sacked QB in the league staying upright against arguably the best pass rush in the NFL. I will be shocked if you aren't banned by the Sunday night game.

I wouldn't take a bet on Ben avoiding a sack just in the first quarter.

I did bet the Texans wouldn't get a sack on Sunday, this is true, but I feel pretty good about the bet for some reason

Also best pass rush in the NFL? What are you smoking :stare:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
You even flat out explained it at one point.

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms

Kalli posted:

It's rained so much today that pregame reports has the Patriots getting a ton of extra balls ready for the game.

This is 2351 footballs

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I don't get how people can be Lions fans and also so confident about this Saints game. Or any game.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don't get how people can be Lions fans and also so confident about this Saints game. Or any game.

As a Saints fan, I completely get how people can be Lions fans and also so confident about this Saints game.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

ulmont posted:

As a Saints fan, I completely get how people can be Lions fans and also so confident about this Saints game.

that's not a good deal

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Please no beer chat.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Henchman of Santa posted:

If this was in NO I would already have this down as a loss. Maybe I'm just assuming it's the same Saints team that ran us out of the building in our last playoff appearance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Kyle Orton shaved his mustache nooooooooooooooo

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/523843816177278976

• Locked thread