Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Baltimore's thin spots are starting to get healthy.

Jernigan is practicing again, so it'll be Williams (owns) Jernigan (owns) and Ngata (owns) up front. The LB corps is still insanely stacked and Dean Pees is actually dialing up pressure. Upshaw is a fantastic run stopper but his pass rush is lacking. Having Suggs and Dumervil/McPhee on the field at the same time is huge in terms of quarterback killing. Mosley continues to be amazing in literally everything.

Osemele could quite possibly be back, which would be huge since he's loving amazing. As for him being out for Tampa was more a precautionary thing. Kubiak did a good job to help the left side of the line by putting Crockett Gillmore on the left side a bunch. He was drafted to be a blocking TE only, and he does a half decent job at that.

If the Falcons O-line is shakey, it's going to be a long day for Matt Ryan which is cool because gently caress Matt Ryan. Will Hill could end up being awful, but then it'll just be more of the same. If Elam can stay at SS and isn't asked for much coverage, he'll be fine. He's serviceable up in the box and helping in the run game, but that's about it. Jimmy Smith continues to be loving awesome and Webb is slowly coming back along, he's still an excellent tackler even if his coverage skills have diminished. I'm just looking ahead to Cincy next week as that's the last really tough game we'll have for a while.

Kawalimus posted:

There's always hope. Guys have good games one week and bad games the next. Remember the Bucs won in Pittsburgh earlier this season, even though Pittsburgh isn't great. The Ravens are a good team but not invulnerable.

edit: Speaking of Flacco missing a game...I wonder how high he will get on the consecutive starts list.

He's 3rd amongst active QBs behind Rivers and Eli

Chilichimp posted:

There are no scenarios. The team is bad, it now knows it's bad, their will is broken, and my hopes and dreams will be broken on Sunday at 1:00.

edit: I THOUGHT OF A SCENARIO.

Joe Flacco somehow eats a sack in the first quarter that sidelines him for the game... Falcons still almost lose.

There are no scenario's that don't involve a key Raven being injured.

I'd be more worried about Joe's steel dong putting the defender on IR

vv yea I just realized I probably just put the loss to the Falcons in stone with that

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The Lions should be ashamed of themselves if they can beat Rex but lose to the inferior Ryan brother. The persistent Brandon Pettigrew is the only healthy tight end. Megatron will be out along with Theo Riddick. Both teams know each other's offenses. Yet that shouldn't matter, because the Saints defense has been so, so bad. Stafford has actually been playing better and there's still Bush, Bell, Tate and Broyles. Barring offensive line collapse, the Lions should be able to score.

On defense, Brees is still dangerous, but the Bucs were able to pick him off three times. I trust Teryl Austin to do a decent job.

Sean Payton has never lost coming off a bye week, but in a world where the Kansas City Royals went 8-0 en route to the World Series, it may be time for such traditions to die.

Joe Lombardi (OC), John Bonamego (ST), Tony Oden (cornerbacks), Reggie Bush, Joique Bell, Jed Collins, Isa Abdul-Quddus and Danny Gorrer have all been on the Saints before, so Sunday will be a Reunion Day.

Teryl Austin loving rules and I'm glad he's doing a good job at DC. How much is it the Lions awesome personnel compared to Austin's scheme, though? I have no clue what kind of defense he likes to call as he was the secondary coach in Baltimore. All I know is he can get production out of camp body corners.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Make a toxx you pansy

I'm game, I'll put my money where my mouth is.

If the Texans get a sack Intruder will have to replicate the famous SA2K picture. :toxx:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Intruder posted:

Only applies to this Sunday

Deal, sucker. :smug:

vv :thejoke:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Cruel and Unusual posted:

He's managed to survive the loss of two nickel corners and the middle linebacker. Danny Gorrer looks alright after getting signed off the street. The line is healthy, so we don't know how Austin would have dealt with injury there, but everyone seems to be playing better. Overall, the defense is way less predictable and self-defeating.

Danny Gorrer was a really really good depth CB on the Ravens roster. I guess the front office thought Webb would be a bit more durable (same with Jimmy Smith) and forgot about the #3 corner spot. There was always optimism about Gorrer playing if any CBs went down because the dude was pretty solid. Austin's worked with him before so that's no surprise there. Was really bummed to see Gorrer get cut.

Chilichimp posted:

The joke's on you, I've already sacrificed two of my finest goats to ensure that Baltimore will not have 3 decent corners on the field Sunday.

If Jernigan is playing the Ravens won't need a secondary.

e: also looking at some breakdowns from the bucs game, there were a few plays where Baltimore had Ngata in coverage, lol. He's the current INT leader on the team, so I guess it makes sense...

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Also holy gently caress Eugene Monroe practiced today

quote:

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 51s52 seconds ago
Kamar Aiken (concussion), Eugene Monroe (knee surgery), Kelechi Osemele (hyperextended, bruised knee) were limited

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

E_Motion posted:

Chances he starts Sunday?

With him and KO active the Ravens might have the best O-line in the NFL.

Probably not, which is fine. If there's a chance he can play @Cincy then I would be perfectly fine with him sitting again. Kubiak has put Crockett Gillmore on the left side a bunch to help Hurst out. And yes, if anything else Baltimore has the best guard duo in the league.

Kalli posted:

Was he on the PUP list? Because this is the first week those guys can practice.

No he had a knee injury from week 2.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

E_Motion posted:

True, having him @CIN is way more important than having him active this weekend.
Crockett Gilmore owns and and so far this 2014 Ravens draft class looks awesome as hell. Mosley is a stud, Jernigan will probably be awesome, Brooks, Gilmore and Taliaferro are good too.. Been a while since the Ravens drafted this well

Jernigan rules and looked amazing in the first 2 weeks. Brandon Williams is looking like the silver lining of the 2013 draft. Ngata, Williams, and Jernigan are a scary loving trio.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm still convinced that Arthur Brown is a good player that hosed John Harbaugh's wife.

He was actually completely deactivated for the Bucs game. Although I'm thinking that was mainly so they could have the depth secondary/d-line scrubs active just in case. Daryl Smith is still a great run blocker but he's struggling in coverage every now and then compared to being pretty amazing last year. He's still really good to have but I'd really like to see Brown on the field. The few snaps he played in 2013 the guy had really good burst.

Or maybe he's just so good they are keeping him benched so they can extend him on the cheap in 2 years :v:

If he can get better at shedding blockers, it'll be pretty awesome to see him and Mosley holding it down at ILB.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

E_Motion posted:

Julio and Roddy vs the Ravens secondary scares me for real

I remember in Jimmy's 2nd year he was getting destroyed by Julio in a preseason game, it'll be fun to see how far Jimmy's come along since then (which is a shitload)

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Intruder posted:

You fuckers traded up to steal him from the Texans and now you're not even loving using him :mad:

LB corps is too good. Such is the hardship of being a Ravens fan in 2014 :(

e: Graphics like this are dumb but it's funny how similar the two QBs are...then the bottom stat

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 16, 2014

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Oh, the difference BEING ELITE can make in the post-season.

The defense was awful the year he won :colbert:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

They played out of their loving minds in the play-offs, though.

The run defense was a massive liability. The only game in the playoffs where they looked decent was the AFCCG when they shutout New England in the 2nd half.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Osemele is officially listed as doubtful for the Falcons game this weekend, obviously the same with Monroe.

Jernigan is probable :getin:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Hay, maybe that means the Falcons will pressure Flacco.

There's no way they get a sack unless a play is just loving broken.

The Ravens have 2 overwhelmed rookies on the left side of the line with a rookie blocking TE for help. If they just keep overloading that side eventually they'll take Joe down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Osemele is officially out for the Atlanta game and Will Hill has been activated.

• Locked thread