Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I have never seen one that is not a ghetto dirt zone

If you do not have a washing machine at the place where you live please enjoy:

-lugging your mountain of filthy clothes to the laundromat
-machines that don't work and are marked as such
-machines that don't work and surprise you when they break midcycle and leave your clothes in a pool of dirty water
-a faint yet persistent smell of poo poo
-waiting for the lovely dryers to finish
-dirty underwear scattered liberally across the floor
-dumb jerk that throws their clothes in with yours because there are no other dryers open
-there is a bathroom but the sink was pulled off the wall months ago and has not been fixed (I dunno maybe that's just mine)

I must escape the laundry nightmare/mild inconvenience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
Poor person spotted.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
lol if you don't only wash your clothes if there is a washing machine in your house/unit

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Monkey Fracas posted:

I, too, once lived like some kind of urban animal.

Condolences OP.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I have never seen one that is not a ghetto dirt zone

If you do not have a washing machine at the place where you live please enjoy:

-lugging your mountain of filthy clothes to the laundromat
-machines that don't work and are marked as such
-machines that don't work and surprise you when they break midcycle and leave your clothes in a pool of dirty water
-a faint yet persistent smell of poo poo
-waiting for the lovely dryers to finish
-dirty underwear scattered liberally across the floor
-dumb jerk that throws their clothes in with yours because there are no other dryers open
-there is a bathroom but the sink was pulled off the wall months ago and has not been fixed (I dunno maybe that's just mine)

None of these apply to my laundromat so maybe you live in a really gross part of town. Laundromats are good for drying things like pillows and comforters because they have those gigantic industrial dryers that you can fit an entire rug in. The only downside is it's $0.25 per 8 minutes so depending on what you are drying it might be cheaper to buy a new one.

Sax
Mar 30, 2008

I'm your coffee, pal! :coffeepal:
Use the laundry facilities at a nearby apartment complex. Costs the same and its not a filthy hellhole.

Also, "being poor is a disease, gotta hustle up a cure".

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I briefly had to use a laundromat when I wasn't able to use the hookups in my place, but it had a bar and decent food so sucks to be you

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
honestly a bucket and plunger work really well, and will save you much bux. Then you only have to use the dryers during wintertime.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
there actually is a bar I can walk to while stuff is washing

gotta time it right so I'm not hogging the machines though

I wish the bar was just in the laundromat

naem
May 29, 2011

I use a laundromat but they wash and fold everything for you and wrap everything into perfect clean cubes with rubber bands and it's fantastic

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

my laundromat is pretty nice and a bar is literally right next door it just sucks when it rains

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I just opened up a laundromat/LAN cafe and business is booming

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

The one I used was all one establishment. Even had indicator lights up front in the bar so you could see when your machines were finished. And you could put everything on one tab. It was pretty sweet as far as laundromats go.

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

by Cowcaster

Monkey Fracas posted:

there actually is a bar I can walk to while stuff is washing

gotta time it right so I'm not hogging the machines though

google suds n duds there might be one near you.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

naem posted:

I use a laundromat but they wash and fold everything for you and wrap everything into perfect clean cubes with rubber bands and it's fantastic

There is one around me that will do this but I'm a little worried they will gently caress up my clothes somehow

I should probably just do that

ReidRansom posted:

The one I used was all one establishment. Even had indicator lights up front in the bar so you could see when your machines were finished. And you could put everything on one tab. It was pretty sweet as far as laundromats go.

man this rules

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Buy a washer/dryer set, OP. They pay for themselves after only 23 years.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
There's usually one upright washing machine that somebody's taken a poo poo in, there's a mexican lady who uses every other machine, doing megatonnage of laundry, and the occasional junkie who wanders in checking all the machines and dryers for anything he likes/needs.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Applewhite posted:

Buy a washer/dryer set, OP. They pay for themselves after only 23 years.

I have a washer/dryer set but my dryer can't hold the largest wash load the washer can take. It's some bullshit.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I never used a laundromat in my entire life. Am I missing out on all the fun ?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I have a washer/dryer set but my dryer can't hold the largest wash load the washer can take. It's some bullshit.

You're supposed to buy both machines as a matched set. If you buy two different brands yeah things like this are gonna happen.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The most annoying thing about the laundromat is all of the little kids that parents bring along that constantly ask you for quarters to buy candy because their parents are too drat poor. Those little poverty brats wont leave you the gently caress alone, their parents should really teach them some self-respect and to not whore out to strangers for a 25c piece of bubble gum. Or just not bother strangers in public. It's awkward as hell when someone's kid is annoying you and the parent is right there but won't do anything about it.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Applewhite posted:

You're supposed to buy both machines as a matched set. If you buy two different brands yeah things like this are gonna happen.

They are a matched set, that's what's so hosed up about it. I don't know, maybe the engineers who designed it are cool with jamming all their clothes in the dryer and pulling out a wrinkly mass but that's not how I do things.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011

Zeno-25 posted:

The most annoying thing about the laundromat is all of the little kids that parents bring along that constantly ask you for quarters to buy candy because their parents are too drat poor. Those little poverty brats wont leave you the gently caress alone, their parents should really teach them some self-respect and to not whore out to strangers for a 25c piece of bubble gum. Or just not bother strangers in public. It's awkward as hell when someone's kid is annoying you and the parent is right there but won't do anything about it.

I can understand if they are asking for you to give them things, but kids coming up and starting conversations is an important part of social development. You really need to humor kids and talk to them when they confront you.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OlmanRiver posted:

I can understand if they are asking for you to give them things, but kids coming up and starting conversations is an important part of social development. You really need to humor kids and talk to them when they confront you.

Oh I did for the first 20 minutes, I don't hate kids. After that went on for another hour it wasn't so cute. It was the parents that are really at fault.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Psychology, extreme violence, etc.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Getting 3 weeks worth of laundry done in an hour kind of owns, OP

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

My apartment building has a nice laundry room. Sorry you are trash OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Maybe I should get one of those little 2-in-1 washer/condenser dryer units

No ductwork, just hook the thing up to the sink faucet. Seems like too much trouble to avoid laundromats though

• Locked thread