Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

spacejung posted:

No rankings this week... everyone is ranked #1 in the spirit of the season or whatever.

Jabro you win your challenge, name your avatar or just go for dealer's choice. Metapod honorable mention

I hope everyone is having a good day, maybe I'll see a couple of you tonight in Warriors @ Clippers

Oh cool! Dealer's choice is the only correct answer. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
So yeah.... James Harden is pretty fun to own.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
welp if melo gets shut down for the season my team goes up in shambles

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

How do you like them apples?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
The Joy Division turning out to be the West of this league.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

How does Jeremy Lin + Nerlens Noel for Mason Plumlee sound?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

68k posted:

How does Jeremy Lin + Nerlens Noel for Mason Plumlee sound?

Impossible, Lin and Plumlee are on the same roster.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

spacejung posted:

Impossible, Lin and Plumlee are on the same roster.

Oh gently caress, sorry I mistook this for the general fantasy thread!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

68k posted:

Oh gently caress, sorry I mistook this for the general fantasy thread!

No worries.

For the record, I don't like two-for-ones. Just two-for-two and include whichever bad player is at the bottom of their roster, then drop em yourself.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Love the new av. Thanks!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
So... no one wants to swoop in and make a better offer on Amir Johnson?

jabro posted:

Love the new av. Thanks!

Glad you dig it, you almost got me in that league.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Gonna use the back out clause on this one. Sorry MG.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
All players are on the trade block. Offer reasonable trades, I need pretty much every cat

Metapod fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 17, 2015

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Why was the Amir Johnson for carlos boozer trade veto'd?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Frustrated posted:

Why was the Amir Johnson for carlos boozer trade veto'd?

quote:

RULE 3 - Trade Take-Backs 2-Day Evaluation Period
The purpose of this rule is to encourage trade speculation but support fair trades. I will never unilaterally veto a trade unless I am somehow able to determine that its purpose is to disrupt the balance of the game on purpose. If both managers want to do the trade, they can do it. Even if it makes people mad. However, I need to provide some outlet for the persons who get mad about trades, because in many cases their complaints have merit. So here's the deal: If you can convince either side of a trade that they are making a bad trade, and they wish to cancel it, they can. I leave veto or 'take-back' power in the hands of the individuals making the trade. Another consequence of this rule is its implications towards player injuries that happen during the trade review period. If the injury happens after the trade has been accepted and the review period has already started, you're stuck with it - both sides lose their veto right. If the injury happened before the trade was accepted, both sides have the right to veto. I am aware that this logic is somewhat circuitous but I've thought it through and to me it's the best way to prevent common abuses.

I decided I wasn't getting enough back so I withdrew. Because I was within two days of the trade being accepted and no injuries occurred during the review period, I was able to veto. Everyone has this right so make sure to use it when you need to.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

spacejung posted:

I decided I wasn't getting enough back so I withdrew. Because I was within two days of the trade being accepted and no injuries occurred during the review period, I was able to veto. Everyone has this right so make sure to use it when you need to.

Ah, ok. I didn't read carefully enough that that was the rule. Just assumed it was like fantasy football where either the other members or the the commissioner just decide against a trade.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
I have apparently constructed my team so that the only kind of wins I can have are 5-4/5-3-1 :(

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
so did spacejung get the first 9-0 sweep? if so congrats

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
James Harden is a god damned monster.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Metapod posted:

so did spacejung get the first 9-0 sweep? if so congrats

Thanks Pod-Man.

Can't give a prize to myself though.

Also, T-Shirts accomplished something by taking down the single-week blocks record. But he's not in this thread and honestly who likes him anyway?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

spacejung posted:

Thanks Pod-Man.

Can't give a prize to myself though.

Also, T-Shirts accomplished something by taking down the single-week blocks record. But he's not in this thread and honestly who likes him anyway?

Your prize shall be your favorite dish from your favorite restaurant in the area you live in

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Metapod posted:

Your prize shall be your favorite dish from your favorite restaurant in the area you live in

Oh god... behold

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
What is that

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
They are delicious Central Asian dumplings called "mantu." These are an Afghan variation filled with seasoned ground lamb and topped with yogurt, tomato-stewed veggies, garlic and fresh mint. It's a minor drive for me to get these in Pasadena but nevertheless I will reward myself with a plate of mantu.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

spacejung posted:

They are delicious Central Asian dumplings called "mantu." These are an Afghan variation filled with seasoned ground lamb and topped with yogurt, tomato-stewed veggies, garlic and fresh mint. It's a minor drive for me to get these in Pasadena but nevertheless I will reward myself with a plate of mantu.

Azeens?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

jabro posted:

Azeens?

Yeah. You had their tea? Oof

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

spacejung posted:

Yeah. You had their tea? Oof

I've never eaten there but heard it's good.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Chiming in to say this is a truly great group and I'm proud to be yo commish.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
we are pretty great

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Sorry Cruisin I just matched your 3-pt record from last season (79) with eight three point shooting players remaining :D

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Are all my stars going to get a serious injury this year?!?!?!?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Cruisin' with the 9-0 on BGI's Ballers in the short week. Nice work, and don't worry Ishin you are still in the playoffs barring crazy stuff from Metapod.

H-Tail: Pick an NBA Team Store, any NBA Team Store.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
Short weeks are garbage :(.

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
I want the mantu though

Checkin' into thread to bask in my short-week glory :dukedog:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
fantastic melo shuts down for the season and bosh gets a blood clot in his lungs that probably will keep him from playing the rest of the season. i have both :negative:

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Metapod posted:

fantastic melo shuts down for the season and bosh gets a blood clot in his lungs that probably will keep him from playing the rest of the season. i have both :negative:

I've had seasons like this and a at a certain point recourse just isn't coming. You're a snakebit champion. Keep grinding and I'll try to put another ding in BGI this week (although I am off to a poor start).

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
since i will not be in the playoffs, i shall root for chaos to happen

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Metapod posted:

since i will not be in the playoffs, i shall root for chaos to happen

It's been more of a subdued thread this year, only reaching two pages. However the competition has been stiff. I think everyone out of the playoffs could have a pretty good tournament (if they were all setting lineups).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Congrats to Joy Division who posted a slightly better overall W-L than Brandon Roy Division. Good luck gunes

• Locked thread