Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
literally?
actually
completely
directly
plainly
precisely
really
simply
truly
View Results

• Locked thread
Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 694 days!)

can we literally stop i'm figuratively at my wit's end with this literally business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i agree as im autistic and am angered by hyperbole

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

i'm virtually autistic, figuratively. basically.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
actually, the OP is the most obnoxious goonism, while "goonism" has shot straight up to no.2 within seconds of its coining

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

Effectronica posted:

actually, the OP is the most obnoxious goonism, while "goonism" has shot straight up to no.2 within seconds of its coining

call me a human being

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
I metaphorically pound my keyboard everytime i see idiots doing it.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I'm literally fuming with rage too OP

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
*gif of Rob Lowe smiling @ u*

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
what, grammar fighting?

:gas:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I agree with the OP unironically. The dictionary figuratively jumped the shark when it let that poo poo in.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

i like that the dictionary uses the correct version of literally in the literal definition of the dumb version

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

i'm autistic and still love how loving insane english usage can be even though some other minor use cases occasionally irk me

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

laterally

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

i literally like language and how literally malleable it is i just think the word literally makes you sound like a literal goony spaz retard who (e: literally) spits when he talks

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

you're not rob lowe bitch rob lowe is the sexiest cancer patient lookin motherfucker and he bought that kid some christmas shoes. he gets a pass

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

you're not rob lowe bitch rob lowe is the sexiest cancer patient lookin motherfucker and he bought that kid some christmas shoes. he gets a pass

Shut the gently caress up!!!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Note that they literally had to change the dictionary definition of literally because people are too stupid to use a simple word right.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

lol

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

i literally like language and how literally malleable it is i just think the word literally makes you sound like a literal goony spaz retard who (e: literally) spits when he talks

I liked it better when you weren't starting threads so I could comfortably believe you'd died/lost your password.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I like a lite rally

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Effectronica posted:

I liked it better when you weren't starting threads so I could comfortably believe you'd died/lost your password.

I liked it better when I didn't know you existed because I never saw your posts.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

why is my hatedom comprised of literally the worst posters, u understand your negative attention is literally the same thing as positive reinforcement right?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

why is my hatedom comprised of literally the worst posters, u understand your negative attention is literally the same thing as positive reinforcement right?

That's how you know you're doing something right.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Goons have to use the word incredibly in every paragraph. It is like they're smart enough to know not use "really really', but not smart enough to find more than one alternative. It is incredibly frustrating.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

Hobohemian posted:

That's how you know you're doing something right.

Oh look, it's the Prissy Prick Pair, out on a Tuesday afternoon stroll.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
fincredibly incrustrating

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Effectronica posted:

Oh look, it's the Prissy Prick Pair, out on a Tuesday afternoon stroll.

What does that even mean? Did that sound good in your head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

Effectronica posted:

Prissy Prick Pair

can somebody whip us up a little gang tag? using a little poetic license there, don't literally whip anything.

• Locked thread