Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
I apologize for holding up the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
Thanks. I have received my role PM and am sorry about holding up the game.

Has everyone else receiving a PM already?

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

Pez posted:

Why is everyone voting for Kerro? Fathis Munk is the one that's being suspicious, talking all murdery one minute and peaceful the next. Not to mention stumbling over his post syntax. Rock the vote!

##vote Fathis Munk

Out of all of the posts so far, I like Pez's vote on Fathis Munk the least. Here he talks negatively against a growing lynch on Kerro without making a case on Fathis Munk that is compelling in any way.

##vote Pez

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

of all the things i expected from this, a d1 scumslip in jokephase was not one of them

##vote kerro

What is a scum slip?

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

of all the things i expected from this, a d1 scumslip in jokephase was not one of them

##vote kerro

I do not see anything that would indicate Kerro scum slipped. This vote looks scummy.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
##vote Dragonatrix

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

Fast Luck posted:

secondly, though, for derailing a growing lynch against kerro to be scummy, kerro would have to be scum!

This is a misconception that I've seen veterans on this forum talk about before. I couldn't find any examples quickly.

Kerro's alignment is irrelevant to Pez's negative treatment towards the growing lynch to be scummy. A common scum play is to talk negatively about the growing lynch of a town player so that you look more town when that player flips town. A common scum play is also to talk negatively about the growing lynch of a scum player to try to push the town in a different direction and, therefore, save their scum buddy.

That said, I think the 'scum slip' vote is the worst vote of the day right now, so that's where my vote lies.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
Could someone please explain these scum slips to me? I don't see what anyone is talking about.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

Gabriel Pope posted:

blacknyte continually asking for pointers on how to avoid suspicion has not done much to clear his name after his first couple of fishy votes.

Where have I done this? I did not understand a term used in a case. When I understood the term, I immediately voted someone because their use of the term was completely without merit to justify a vote.

What do you expect me to do to 'clear my name' and why are my votes 'fishy'? This content reeks of falsity.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
I think Dragonatrix is still the scummiest player. He voted yesterday on a 'scum slip' when no 'scum slip' was even there. He made up a justification for the vote.

Dragonatrix posted:

##vote kerro

##vote Dragonatrix

On top of that, Dragonatrix's case/vote on Fathis completely ignores his scum slip vote on Kerro. If you legitimately felt like you caught someone in a scum slip, why would you vote someone else?

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

blacknyte posted:

Where have I done this? I did not understand a term used in a case. When I understood the term, I immediately voted someone because their use of the term was completely without merit to justify a vote.

What do you expect me to do to 'clear my name' and why are my votes 'fishy'? This content reeks of falsity.

I also would vote Gabriel Pope based on what I said yesterday. Look at his post again:

Gabriel Pope posted:

blacknyte continually asking for pointers on how to avoid suspicion has not done much to clear his name after his first couple of fishy votes.

Look at his word/phrase choice there: continually, "clear his name," "fishy votes"

He's using strong words to try to accentuate a point that isn't there. That is really scummy.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

Gabriel Pope posted:

##vote blacknyte

(Again, I'm more interested in seeing where this goes than I am in actually lynching blacknyte, but unlike Kerro I think he's a legit lynch candidate.)

You voted me without actually wanting to lynch me?

This is probably a better read now that I've typed it out: ##vote Gabriel

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
Gabriel also defends Dragonatrix's vote on Kerro as a jokevote when I do not see any indication whatsoever from Dragonatrix that the vote was a joke.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
I've voted four people and think it's pretty clear which order I'd lynch those people in. Where am I confusing anyone?

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
For what it's worth, English is not my first language. I am Chinese.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
Why do you think his vote is a joke? He does not say it is a joke anywhere.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
I would like Dragonatrix to clarify whether he believed or did not believe he saw a scum slip.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

no i do not think either kerros very blatant uncertainty or hiipfires joke were in fact scumslips

glad i could help you better understand this thing called "jokes"

Ok, it still does not look like a joke to me in context with the other posts around it. ##unvote

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
Oh, right: ##vote Gabriel

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
I have read quite a few mafia games and thought I could jump into this game and immediately be productive. It's much more difficult actually playing the game than it is yelling at the monitor while spectating games.

I thought the Dragonatrix vote was good but now am unsure after he said that statement was a joke. I need to try to see if I can read what we have so far thinking that I am a spectator I guess. I will try that.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

yeah fathis's sudden silence is pretty suspect but not just because he vanished suddenly:

everytime before when questioned on the jokeposting and not doing much for scumhunting he made a big song and dance about how he wasnt going to worry about it right now and was just gonna post and see where it goes from there

and yet once people started to actually take the game sort of a bit more seriously he vanished without posting for nearly 2 actual days sure weekend and stuff so maybe he has reasons for that but right now that seems moren a little weird

if it was anyone else suddenly vanishing im not sure it would be that suspicious on its own at the moment but in context it looks fairly damning

##vote fathis

This vote on Fathis does not ring true to me. The only point appears to be that Fathis did not post over the weekend. It isn't based on Fathis' content at all.

Dragonatrix posted:

Fast Luck has been really good at presenting himself in a nice, helpful pro-town way but if you look at it again, it comes off much, much more as a snake-oil salesman act. His logic and rationale is sound... in a vacuum, but we're not playing in a vacuum. Once you put it in context and look at his actions and those of others it just doesn't quite hold up as well.

This portion of the Fast Luck case also does not ring true. It talks about how Fast Luck's logic and rationale is sound except that it does not appreciate context. However, nowhere in Dragonatrix's case does he actually talk about Fast Luck's content doesn't make sense when dealing with context. It's just a random accusation thrown out here to try to make the case sound better than it actually is.

##vote Dragonatrix

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
##vote Dragonatrix

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
If you look at how discussion flowed yesterday, Dragonatrix was always right at the cusp of being voted. Fathis was pushed while Dragonatrix votes went into hiding.

I think scum, Dragonatrix included, pushed Fathis discussion and votes. Gabriel's death gives this theory a bit more credence because Gabriel would have wanted Dragonatrix lynched today I believe. If you look at page 7, a lot of people talked about Dragonatrix and the discussion did not actually go anywhere.

For example, this looks like distancing on Dragonatrix:

The Carpet Shark posted:

I have to say that I never really felt like Dragonatrix was particularly scummy so it is weird to me that people were pointing them out. A lot of players were only tossing in a few posts at the time so it kind of seems like people who were pointing out Dragonatrix in particular were looking to make up viable reasons to frame them. I think it was blacknyte who originally voted this way though, and all of blacknyte's votes have been strange.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
Should not hard lurkers be modkilled at this point?

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

On the other hand, the guy is so clearly impartial on that front that it's amazing that he's gone this long with those blinders and twisting facts to fit the theory and still managed to come up with no case to answer.

What is wrong with the case?

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
What about lynching Dragonatrix, a scum?

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
One person is voting you.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
I am not a Cop.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
If we go an additional day without lynching Dragonatrix when pretty much everyone in the game agrees that he's acting scummy, we're going to lose this game. This is the second day in a row where he is right at the cusp of being lynched/voted onto to have some random candidate pushed.

Please answer this question: Do you think Dragonatrix is scum or town?

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
Votecount for Day 3

The Carpet Shark (3): Kerro, Dragonatrix, Pez
Pez (3): Epsilon Plus, The Carpet Shark, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, HiipFire
Dragonatrix (1): blacknyte, The Carpet Shark, The Carpet Shark
Epsilon Plus (1): Fast Luck

Not Voting (1): AtrociousToaster

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lunch. The current deadline is October 26th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
I would rather lynch Carpet Shark over Pez I think.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

The Carpet Shark posted:

I dunno what there is to say beyond the fact that I was completely loving duped like a grade A dumb rear end. I wasn't the cop, I was sure blacknyte was and I felt like I had to pretend to be it because I was sure I was making it too obvious I thought he was and I was worried he'd be night killed, and his argument was getting no leverage anyway so I figured if there were two of us pushing it... But in reality I just pushed everyone into doing something that's brought us that much closer to losing. I just feel lovely about playing this game so badly.

I could vote Epsilon but I really don't trust my judgement at the moment, so. I don't know.

I said that I wasn't the Cop and was on Dragonatrix since day 1. Why would you think I was the Cop? This sounds very fake.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

blacknyte posted:

I am not a Cop.

How did you interpret this post?

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
I think it's lylo. I would vote Carpet right now.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

The Carpet Shark posted:

I dunno what there is to say beyond the fact that I was completely loving duped like a grade A dumb rear end. I wasn't the cop, I was sure blacknyte was and I felt like I had to pretend to be it because I was sure I was making it too obvious I thought he was and I was worried he'd be night killed, and his argument was getting no leverage anyway so I figured if there were two of us pushing it... But in reality I just pushed everyone into doing something that's brought us that much closer to losing. I just feel lovely about playing this game so badly.

I could vote Epsilon but I really don't trust my judgement at the moment, so. I don't know.

Where did you even push Dragonatrix? You didn't vote him.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
##vote HiipFire

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
:redhammer:

Votecount for Day 4

HiipFire (4): Pez, Kerro, AtrociousToaster, blacknyte

Not Voting (3): Epsilon Plus, HiipFire, The Carpet Shark

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lunch. There is currently no deadline set.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
Let the mod end the game before talking please.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
I am a native English speaker. I am not from China nor are any of my relatives. I have never been to China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

AtrociousToaster posted:

But how do you respond to allegations of you being a robot?

I am a robot.

• Locked thread