Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
It is Week 7 and despair is already setting in for some, mixed with misguided optimism for teams that haven't completely fallen apart. I decided to continue the earlier theme of "group therapy" in this week's thread title.

The following teams have a bye this week:

-Tamba Bay Buccaneers
-Philadelphia Eagles

Sit/Start Rules
1. DSYS -Don't Sit Your Studs
1-b. MSYSITPAS - Maybe Sit Your Studs If They're Playing At Seattle?
2. Refer to rule #1

When posting include any unique league scoring rules, and your player's matchups for that week

quote:

Yahoo standard 1 ppr need a flex:

Lacy vMin
D. Martin @NO
Crabtree vKC
R. Wayne vBAL

I guess I will start things off with a QB decision I need answered before TNF.

Tom Brady @ NYJ
Matt Ryan @ BAL

I am leaning towards Brady since he is playing at home against a terrible Jets secondary, but my concern is with the injuries sustained on Sunday's game. Will those have a big affect on his fantasy viability? Matt Ryan has been iffy lately and his Oline looks like trash. In addition, the Baltimore defense isn't incredible, but they are solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

MrSargent posted:

Tom Brady @ NYJ
Matt Ryan @ BAL

I am leaning towards Brady since he is playing at home against a terrible Jets secondary, but my concern is with the injuries sustained on Sunday's game. Will those have a big affect on his fantasy viability? Matt Ryan has been iffy lately and his Oline looks like trash. In addition, the Baltimore defense isn't incredible, but they are solid.

I can see either of them putting up 6 points or 30. I think I'd probably go with Brady.

Need a Flex 0.2 PPR, 10 Team, Yahoo
TY Hilton vs Cincinnati
Mike Wallace @ Chicago

I'm starting DT and Cobb. The Bengals defense has looked a lot worse lately, and Hilton is getting a ton of targets, so he's the choice, right? Wallace has been really solid and consistent though and faces a mediocre Bears D.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

MrSargent posted:

Tom Brady @ NYJ
Matt Ryan @ BAL

Brady for sure. I'm even playing Romo over Ryan this week. Ryan on the road is not great.

I'm in a 2 DEF league. I'm not a fan of Cincy versus Indy this week, so which DEF should I pick up. I'm leaning towards the Browns due to them facing Jacksonville.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Gobias Ind. posted:

I can see either of them putting up 6 points or 30. I think I'd probably go with Brady.

Need a Flex 0.2 PPR, 10 Team, Yahoo
TY Hilton vs Cincinnati
Mike Wallace @ Chicago

I'm starting DT and Cobb. The Bengals defense has looked a lot worse lately, and Hilton is getting a ton of targets, so he's the choice, right? Wallace has been really solid and consistent though and faces a mediocre Bears D.

hard to sit ty after his big week, i would roll with him

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

MrSargent posted:

Tom Brady @ NYJ
Matt Ryan @ BAL

In the same boat. Starting Brady because, for the reasons you named, and Ryan has been awful on the road this season. Have a feeling that O-Line is going to get picked apart. In addition, Ridley's out, and while you never know what's going on in the Pats's backfield, they might air the ball out a bit more. At very least, Vereen will be on the field for more snaps, and he's a solid passing back.

As far as Brady's injury goes, it was apparently pretty severe last week according to Rotoworld, and he still dropped hella points. We're a bit more removed from the injury and I'm hopeful he'll still be in good shape. We should get more info tomorrow. Anyways, start Brady.

Gobias Ind. posted:

TY Hilton vs Cincinnati
Mike Wallace @ Chicago

Also another choice I'm dealing with.

Starting TY. Hilton has been consistently putting up more points on the season, is heating up, leads the team in targets, and best of all, he's in a dome, where he traditionally does his best work. Wallace is definitely a good option but he only has 80 yards in one game this season (and that was Week 1), meaning his value is tied to his touchdowns, which have to come in the redzone because Tannehill doesn't have a deep ball. Hilton's broke 80 in his previous 4 games.

Of course, every time I begin to trust TY he fucks me over, so you may want to start Wallace anyways.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Boywunda posted:

Brady for sure. I'm even playing Romo over Ryan this week. Ryan on the road is not great.

I'm in a 2 DEF league. I'm not a fan of Cincy versus Indy this week, so which DEF should I pick up. I'm leaning towards the Browns due to them facing Jacksonville.

Would you start Carson Palmer over Matt Ryan this week?

And yeah, Browns D is a good pick for this weekend.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Boywunda posted:

Definitely grab the Browns D.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Brady or Cam Newton?

Brady plays thursday against the awful awful Jets, but Cam ran like a beast last week. I am hella torn.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Pick 1 WR and a Flex

Harvin @ STL
Wallace @ Chi
Terrance Williams vs NYG
Lamar Miller @ Chi

Considering rolling with Wallace and Miller and sitting Percy. Unsure.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

winvirus posted:

Brady or Cam Newton?

Brady plays thursday against the awful awful Jets, but Cam ran like a beast last week. I am hella torn.

this is a tough one, id probably play cam just for his running but either is prime to have a big week

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Tom Gorman posted:

Pick 1 WR and a Flex

Harvin @ STL
Wallace @ Chi
Terrance Williams vs NYG
Lamar Miller @ Chi

i think wallace/miller is your best bet but if you dont want to trust the dolphins start williams

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!
Looks like I will have a week to week dilemma between

Jerrick McKinnon @ Buf
Chris Ivory @ NE

I'm strongly leaning towards McKinnon, since the Jets are a train of poo poo run by a fat poo poo into a poo poo filled dumpster. And they are playing Thursday.

winvirus posted:

Brady or Cam Newton?

Brady, because of the poo poo thing.

Edit:

Tom Gorman posted:

Pick 1 WR and a Flex

Harvin @ STL
Wallace @ Chi
Terrance Williams vs NYG
Lamar Miller @ Chi

You got it. Wallace is pretty solid and the only option in the Miami passing game, the other two WR's have pretty low floors at this point. Poor Percy :( He is a little more likely to explode if you think you will need a home run.

slagmatic fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 14, 2014

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

slagmatic posted:

Jerrick McKinnon @ Buf
Chris Ivory @ NE

I'm strongly leaning towards McKinnon, since the Jets are a train of poo poo run by a fat poo poo into a poo poo filled dumpster. And they are playing Thursday.

yea and buffalo's front 7 sets up a lot like detroit's so he should get a decent amount of work

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

slagmatic posted:

Jerrick McKinnon @ Buf
Chris Ivory @ NE

I'd go with Ivory. Buffalo allows the fewest yards per game and yards per attempt rushing, while New England is middle of them pack in both. Ivory has been the lead back all year for the Jets and put up some very good games. He didn't do anything last week, but that was against a Denver team that is top 5 in both YPG and YPA.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

slagmatic posted:

Jerrick McKinnon @ Buf
Chris Ivory @ NE

I'd roll Ivory until I see a more consistent workload for McKinnon.

EDIT: In terms of TDs/goal line carries in particular.
---

Pick a WR to bench in a 1PPR:
Colston @Det
Sanu @Ind
Hopkins @Pit

EDIT: Leaning towards benching Sanu*.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 15, 2014

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004
Am I the only one nervous about starting Brees @ Detroit without Graham? DSYS and all, but so far this year Brees has been more or less average even with Graham, Brees has always had issues on the road, and Detroit is the best D in the league. Am I crazy to consider streaming Hoyer @ Jax or Cousins v Ten instead?

Tom Gorman posted:

Pick 1 WR and a Flex

Harvin @ STL
Wallace @ Chi
Terrance Williams vs NYG
Lamar Miller @ Chi

Yeah, I'd probably go Wallace and Miller.

Amergin posted:

Pick a WR to bench in a 1PPR:
Colston @Det
Sanu @Ind
Hopkins @Pit

Leaning Colston and Hopkins.
Edit: Whoops, you said bench. Don't bench Sanu. Probably bench Hopkins- at least Colston has Brees throwing to him. Texas has Foster beasting over everyone, and with Fitz at QB I think the plan will be to keep it on the ground.

Enforka fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 15, 2014

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
No ppr, standard yahoo scoring - I need 3 WRs from

Decker @ NE
James Jones vs. Arizona
Andre Holmes vs. Arizona
Torrey Smith vs Atlanta
Colston @ Det
OBJ @ Dallas

Bold is what I have it set to now, but I feel like starting two parts of Oakland's offense might not be the best idea, and Decker's status is always a little unclear. Maybe swap in Torrey for one of them? I am leaning toward believing his game last week was a fluke, but maybe not. Colston might also be a good play if Graham is out, but he is hard to trust.

Also need 2 RBs:

Oliver vs KC (if Mathews is still out of course, which I think is the case)
Lamar Miller @ Chicago
Andre Williams @ Dal
Joique Bell vs. NO
Mckinnon @ Buffalo

I think these are good choices, although I keep flipping on Miller and Bell. With Moreno dead I think Miller is a more consistent option, but I don't know.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Dale will always steer you in the RIGHT direction!
Couple questions this week.

eSPN standard non-ppr
Pick 2 RB 1 Wr and a flex

Forsett vs Atlanta
Bradshaw vs Cincy
Steve Smith vs Atlanta
Sanu @ Indy
Lacy vs Carolina

I currently have Forsett Bradshaw Smith and Sanu in my lineup with Sanu flexed. I could also pickup Reuben Randle if he's a better option.

Question 2

Yahoo 1ppr

Need 2 WR and flex

Joique Bell vs NO
Roddy White @ Baltimore
Brandon Cooks @ Detroit
Deandre Hopkins @ Pit
Lamar Miller @ Chicago
Julian Edelman vs Jets

Currently have Cooks Edelman and Miller slotted in

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Pick a Flex, ESPN Standard Scoring:

Brian Quick vSea
Wes Welker vSF
Joique Bell vNO
Michael Floyd @Oak
Branden Oliver vKC

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Reik posted:

Brian Quick vSea
Wes Welker vSF
Joique Bell vNO
Michael Floyd @Oak
Branden Oliver vKC

id stick with Oliver until he stops producing

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Enforka posted:

Am I the only one nervous about starting Brees @ Detroit without Graham? DSYS and all, but so far this year Brees has been more or less average even with Graham, Brees has always had issues on the road, and Detroit is the best D in the league. Am I crazy to consider streaming Hoyer @ Jax or Cousins v Ten instead?

You're not institutional crazy, I think it's a defensible play. However, it is a very speculative play that I would not make. I think you should start Drew Brees always. Detroit has a highly ranked passing defense, but the only scary passing offense they have faced is Green Bay, where they held Aaron Rodgers to 162 yards and 1 TD. 10 points is probably a better floor than either Hoyer or Cousins have.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

.5 PPR, can flex RB/WR/TE

Here's what I currently have slotted, any changes? Not sure I want to start Ingram until I see what he does his first week back, but it is tempting to plug in Holmes for Kelce.

RB: Morris, Hill
WR: Julio, Benjamin
TE: Gronk
FLEX: Kelce

Bench
RB: McCoy (Bye), Ingram, Mason
WR: Holmes, Hunter, T. Smith, Gordon

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

fat greasy puto posted:

id stick with Oliver until he stops producing

That was my leaning, I just thought Floyd vs Oakland might be easy pickings considering how well the SD WRs did last week.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Cervixalot posted:

.5 PPR, can flex RB/WR/TE

Here's what I currently have slotted, any changes? Not sure I want to start Ingram until I see what he does his first week back, but it is tempting to plug in Holmes for Kelce.

RB: Morris, Hill
WR: Julio, Benjamin
TE: Gronk
FLEX: Kelce

Bench
RB: McCoy (Bye), Ingram, Mason
WR: Holmes, Hunter, T. Smith, Gordon

I'd flex Torey Smith against a terrible Atlanta pass defense over Kelce against a solid San Diego defense.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Murphy Brownback posted:

No ppr, standard yahoo scoring - I need 3 WRs from

Decker @ NE
James Jones vs. Arizona
Andre Holmes vs. Arizona
Torrey Smith vs Atlanta
Colston @ Det
OBJ @ Dallas

I'd go James Jones, Torrey Smith and OBJ, possibly considering Colston > Jones but even with Jimmy out I'm not sure Colston will see the scraps (over Cooks, PT, Khiry).
Decker I don't like vs. a solid NE defense. OBJ is picking up a solid starting role in what will probably be a shoot-out (or trap). Torrey is seeing increased looks and, again, likely shoot-out. I like James Jones as a safer/higher-floor options vs. Holmes who has more upside, so that's personal choice to you.

Murphy Brownback posted:

Also need 2 RBs:

Oliver vs KC (if Mathews is still out of course, which I think is the case)
Lamar Miller @ Chicago
Andre Williams @ Dal
Joique Bell vs. NO
Mckinnon @ Buffalo

I'd go Miller and Bell. Miller is a must-start these days with Moreno gone. KC, IIRC, has not given up a rushing TD at all this season (only other team doing that: Buffalo), so I don't like Oliver more than Bell, the current #1 back in a high-powered offense up against a surprisingly weak NO defense.

Dale Meets Wall posted:

Couple questions this week.

eSPN standard non-ppr
Pick 2 RB 1 Wr and a flex

Forsett vs Atlanta
Bradshaw vs Cincy
Steve Smith vs Atlanta
Sanu @ Indy
Lacy vs Carolina

Forsett, Bradshaw, Steve Smith and Sanu. I still don't trust Lacy.

Dale Meets Wall posted:

Question 2

Yahoo 1ppr

Need 2 WR and flex

Joique Bell vs NO
Roddy White @ Baltimore
Brandon Cooks @ Detroit
Deandre Hopkins @ Pit
Lamar Miller @ Chicago
Julian Edelman vs Jets

Miller for your Flex, I'd personally go Edelman and Cooks, but Cooks, White and Hopkins are all pretty close here. Hopkins I'm a bit low on as Andre seems to be coming online now, and White... I'm not sure who will get the work in this game, but I'm thinking Julio will have another great game with White being mediocre. Cooks has more upside IMHO here if Jimmy is still out.

Reik posted:

Brian Quick vSea
Wes Welker vSF
Joique Bell vNO
Michael Floyd @Oak
Branden Oliver vKC

Joique Bell, especially if Reggie is still out (even if he isn't, he might be only 80% Reggie).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Cross-post because this thread never pops up before waivers:

:siren: Here are this week's suave D/ST streamer picks :siren:

… heavily-weighted on Vegas odds of lowest-scoring games, lightly-weighted on the seasonal ranking of the D/ST, seasonal ranking of the opposing offense, and whether D/ST is home or away. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to pick the grand slam, just the streaming option least likely to gently caress you over with a negative score. The first-mentioned team per line item is the D/ST to target:

1) BUF vs MIN
2) ARI @ OAK
3) SEA @ STL
4) SD vs KC
*5a) CLE @ JAX
5b) PIT vs HOU

* I looked at the CLE/JAX matchup and it makes sense to rank it in as a comparable option to the Steelers game. The line is the same, but CLE is being betted to have a larger win differential, meaning a lower score for JAX. Reason I rank them both at five though is because CLE is playing away while PIT is home. Also, the Browns have not been a good defensive unit all season in terms of sacks and turnovers.

previous weeks posted:

Running average: 7.98

Week 6 results
1) SD @ OAK: 0
2) BAL @ TB: 7
3) TEN vs JAX: 12
4) SF @ STL: 14
5) DET @ MIN: 20

Avg: 10.6

Week 5 results
1) SD vs NYJ: 14
2) DET vs BUF: 11
3) SF vs KC: 5
4) SEA @ WAS: 2
5) TEN vs CLE: -3
6) CAR vs CHI: 18

Avg: 8.3

Week 4 results

1) SD vs JAX: 10 pts
2a) MIA @ OAK: 17 pts
2b) BAL vs CAR: 7 pts
3) PIT vs. TB: 2 pts
4) HOU vs BUF: 13 pts

Avg: 9.8

Week 3 results, std scoring (yeesh, this was a bad one. Hope you got the Dolphins)

1) MIA vs KC: 10 pts
2) CAR vs PIT: -7
3) HOU @ NYG: -1
4) BAL @ CLE: 2
5) SF @ ARI: 2

Avg: 1.2

Week 2 results (std scoring)

1) HOU @ OAK: 8 pts
2) TB vs STL: 4 pts
3) WAS vs JAX: 18 pts

Avg: 10

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 15, 2014

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Crowell @ JAX or Lamar Miller @ CHI?

PPR. I'm leaning Crowell.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Could you explain why you'd want to start a non-#1 back over the clear #1 back that Lamar Miller now is? I mean sure, Crowell is playing against Jacksonville and he did look great last week and Miller is on the Dolphins, but I think Miller has a higher ceiling and floor just based on how many carries he's going to get, and I think he'll catch more passes than Crowell, unless Ben Tate dies between now and Sunday.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Lean the other way. (For the reasons Murphy Brownback outlined above)

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Murphy Brownback posted:

Could you explain why you'd want to start a non-#1 back over the clear #1 back that Lamar Miller now is? I mean sure, Crowell is playing against Jacksonville and he did look great last week and Miller is on the Dolphins, but I think Miller has a higher ceiling and floor just based on how many carries he's going to get, and I think he'll catch more passes than Crowell, unless Ben Tate dies between now and Sunday.

To add to this, even though the match-up versus JAX is a good one, CHI isn't good against the run. Unless Miami has to abandon the run completely to keep up with Chicago's offense (I doubt it), I would go Miller this week and would start him every week.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Murphy Brownback posted:

Basically this was my thought:

quote:

I mean sure, Crowell is playing against Jacksonville and he did look great last week

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Basically this was my thought:

Well, OK, but he's still not going to get the starting job over Tate. I think his ceiling is something like 40 yards and a touchdown, while Miller could easily put up a 100 yard game with at least a touchdown or two, unless it's a blowout and they have to abandon the run like Amergin said, which I agree with them that is unlikely.

Of course I could end up being totally wrong, but I think starting him is trying to be too cute and could blow up in your face easily.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Points well taken, and that logic does make sense. Thank you for your input.

I also have comedy option Gerhart :haw:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Yeah, with Moreno out I think Lamar Miller is a solid RB2 pretty much every week going forward.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I loving hate fantasy football.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

I loving hate fantasy football but stating so does have a calming effect on me.

Fixed for max username/post combo

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I'm having a debate about my TE and Flex spot.

TE
Vernon Davis @ Den
Dwayne Allen vs. Cin

Flex
Trent Richardson vs. Cin
Sankey @ Wsh
Malcom Floyd vs. KC.

I also have Luck at QB, so I was worried about starting three Colts since if they have a bad offensive day it will sink my whole team. I am leaning Davis for TE, and Richardson for Flex.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I can't keep waiting for Welker to start being Welker while Mo Sanu is on waivers. Am I right?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Meltathon posted:

I'm having a debate about my TE and Flex spot. I have Vernon Davis @ Den and Dwayne Allen vs. Cin at TE, both look about even. At Flex I have the option of Trent Richardson vs. Cin, Sankey @ Wsh, and Malcom Floyd vs. KC. I also have Luck at QB, so I was worried about starting three Colts since if they have a bad offensive day it will sink my whole team. I am leaning Davis for TE, and Richardson for Flex.

Allen very slightly over Davis for me, Floyd rather than Richardson just because he's so garbage you never know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

I can't keep waiting for Welker to start being Welker while Mo Sanu is on waivers. Am I right?

Sanu gonna Sanu before Welker gonna Welk against athletic SF linebackers and slot corners.

• Locked thread