Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

Marvin Freeman posted:

Really miss Gumby's pizza. Anyone ever have Buckingham's bbq in Columbia? Good and cheap. Also, I used to live right next door to it. Nothing better than standing downwind of the smoker while waiting for the bus on a cold winter morning.

Buckinghams owned. When I was living there it seemed like they hired the cutest wait staff in town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax

MegaGatts posted:

Buckinghams owned. When I was living there it seemed like they hired the cutest wait staff in town.

Still do this. Although they opened one at the Lake of the Woods exit, and I haven't seen their staff yet. Gumby's is good, Shakes is great, but honestly, Tony's is the best Columbia pizza.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz
Buckinghams is awesome BBQ. Love going there for lunch. Sucks if you get sauce on your tie though. But The Deuce Pub takes the cutest wait staff crown and Shiloh is a close second.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
I think Pizza Tree is better, but I may be partial since I know the owner and we ride mopeds sometimes.

CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

I think Pizza Tree is better, but I may be partial since I know the owner and we ride mopeds sometimes.

Did it open back up? Last I heard there was a kickstarter to get it a legit storefront. Truth, though.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

This thread is opening my eyes to the fact that people for some reason live in the abyss between stl and kc???

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Omelette du Fromage posted:

This thread is opening my eyes to the fact that people for some reason live in the abyss between stl and kc???

The cities are the only safe place from Momo

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Real America

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

columbia is probably the most overrated thing in the entirety of missouri tbh. hannibal too.

Thermopyle posted:

I wonder what it says about our state that the topic with the largest amount of discussion is where to get pizza?

funny. st joe recently had a pizza joint certified as legit neapolitan pizza. only place certified in the 4 state area as being authentically so.

http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives/2014/11/05/bum-a-ride-to-st-joseph-and-try-il-lazzarones-offically-sanctioned-neapolitan-pizza

but let's face facts, we all know it's about the bbq in kc. i love joes bbq, but i'm starting to become a fan of Q39 the more time I spend there.

then there's gates. always go to the one off on 47th and paseo. the one out on linwood gets way too hectic too easily.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6CWOsRXee0

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
Is there any cheap BBQ in KC that is good?

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Marvin Freeman posted:

Is there any cheap BBQ in KC that is good?

what do you mean by cheap? gates is about as low as it gets w/o the quality going to poo poo. lc's is the best bang for your buck if you're wanting burnt ends or beef. just make sure you ask for it by the pound w/o bread.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

5-HT posted:

what do you mean by cheap? gates is about as low as it gets w/o the quality going to poo poo. lc's is the best bang for your buck if you're wanting burnt ends or beef. just make sure you ask for it by the pound w/o bread.

like at Buckingham's I could get a plate with a sandwich, fries, and beans for around $8.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Marvin Freeman posted:

like at Buckingham's I could get a plate with a sandwich, fries, and beans for around $8.

yeah, gates is your best bet then. all the sandwiches come w/ fries and with beans it'd be pretty close to the $8.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

feller fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 7, 2014

Korbin
Nov 13, 2009

SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG
Why would you go to Buckingham's when you can get Shotgun Pete's? (If it's open)
Edit: Something something, proof

Korbin fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 7, 2014

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz

5-HT posted:

columbia is probably the most overrated thing in the entirety of missouri tbh. hannibal too.

That's what I say about St. Louis!

I bought gas driving through Hannibal once. It looked cool crossing the river but I would never actually "go to Hannibal."

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

CruJones posted:

Did it open back up? Last I heard there was a kickstarter to get it a legit storefront. Truth, though.
Yeah they opened in the old Brooklyn Pizzeria spot on Cherry Street. They ditched the Sicilian style (which I miss) and now sell the New York variety.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh my god i just read the texas thread and they think their bbq is better than ours, wtf

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

mr.capps posted:

oh my god i just read the texas thread and they think their bbq is better than ours, wtf

because it loving is

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

a starwar betamax posted:

because it loving is

you have finally went too far this time starwar

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Only thing too far is how far away from my mouth I want missouri bbq to be in that I want it to be far away.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
we are called the show me state because everyone is always saying "show me that delicious bbq"

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

a starwar betamax posted:

Only thing too far is how far away from my mouth I want missouri bbq to be in that I want it to be far away.

why don't you just go down to texas and have relations w/ the alamo and just fuckin stay there

get out of my state

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
can't we just agree that texas and KC bbq are better than carolina bbq?

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
central texas bbq actually sounds pretty good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
we need some sort of bbq war in gbs so we can end this debate once and for all

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
NO! we need BBQ PEACE, so that all may enjoy the majesty that is central US bbq

i'm proposing a BBQ ALLIANCE

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
No war but BBQ war! And also class war.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Let the sauce flow

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
:qq: you fools! this war will destroy both sides!

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

the only winning move is not to play?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
:lol: like you all wouldn't put any and all bbq in your foodhole

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
texas sucks

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
I live in Missouri but I don't live in STL or KC. One thing I noticed when I moved here is that there's a lot of people who wear camouflage and a lot of people who are gay as gently caress but don't seem to know that they're gay.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Modern Day Hercules posted:

I live in Missouri but I don't live in STL or KC.

you are a non-person

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Equine Don posted:

you are a non-person

Sorry that he's electing the legislature.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
War is coming.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

mr.capps posted:

War is coming.

what if I don't wanna participate in rahowa and just wanna chill and watch cartoons all day

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

mr.capps posted:

War is coming.

The way the Facebook 'riot pages' talking you'd think the whole metro area is going to go up in flames. I'm hoping that doesn't come about, but people are getting worked up into a frenzy over every obviously false bit of information that hits the internet. I think that's going to make things worse overall.

Feranon posted:

what if I don't wanna participate in rahowa and just wanna chill and watch cartoons all day

You should stock up on emergency rations now. Popcorn and Mountain Dew are still plentiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh i was talking about the bbq wars

• Locked thread