Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BlackJosh posted:

Why do people want to get hit by cars so much in Russia?

Same reason that upon hearing his father had died in his sleep, Nicolas II, now Tsar of all the Russias exclaimed: "God help me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zxxM9EYQzY

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Parallax Scroll posted:

russia seems like a cool place to not live

The wife and I were planning to not visit Russia next year.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

:wow:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Cardiovorax posted:

Royal blue and gold go really well together, though. Very classy. Bordeaux red might work, but then you need wood paneling.

Even wine coloured reds run the risk of coming off as garish if the room isn't carefully designed around them. Too much effort for me, personally.
Though, if you're not willing to go with wood paneling, regardless of most colour choices, why even bother?

*sips cosmopolitan, makes catty remarks about various strangers*

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Eh, i don't know about blue. A darker shade of green would make all the difference. Maybe make the gold a bit brighter and less mustard colored too.

:smith:

Ouch! I'm so confused. Wasn't there even like a Russian lesbian band called Tatu or something? Am I just remembering things wrong :psyduck:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Even wine coloured reds run the risk of coming off as garish if the room isn't carefully designed around them. Too much effort for me, personally.
Though, if you're not willing to go with wood paneling, regardless of most colour choices, why even bother?

*sips cosmopolitan, makes catty remarks about various strangers*
Well, that's just snobby.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Does anyone have that gif of some Russian dudes hunting a boar with a sink?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Muttonchips posted:

Ouch! I'm so confused. Wasn't there even like a Russian lesbian band called Tatu or something? Am I just remembering things wrong :psyduck:

If by "lesbian band" you mean "marketing strategy", then sure.

Cardiovorax posted:

Well, that's just snobby.

Its a gift and a curse, dahling.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Avocados posted:

Does anyone have that gif of some Russian dudes hunting a boar with a sink?

In Russia real man doesn't need bullets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz7928_mJg

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

are they just really small people? :ohdear:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

they are the oligarch elfs come to take the food off ur table

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ThisiswhatRussiaactuallybelieves.png

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

What does the labeling say?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mentos Dan posted:

What does the labeling say?
Cormorant brand pelmeni (a kind of stuffed pasta)

theres no reference to beavis and butthead other than the illustration

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

BlackJosh posted:

apparently traffic laws in russia heavily favor pedestrians so ppl the get run over and sue scam is very popular which is why everyone has a dashcam

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
If you ever get a chance to go to a Russian party/ drink with them I would highly recommend it. The ones I know have a great sense of humour and are very self deprecating. I am friends with a few and they are all loving crazy in a really good way. When they cook a meal, it's a feast. When they argue, they kick your teeth in. When they laugh and sing its deafening usually something ridiculous and lasts forever, when they drink, it's all night and everyone gets plastered. When they gently caress, they gently caress your brains out. The ones I know are immigrants in Europe and are just cool loving people. If you ever get a chance, party with some Russians. You will have some scars and maybe a criminal record but it's worth it. The guys I know are the kindest most welcoming folks you'll ever meet and very inclusive and generous. They are all in kinda 30's-40's and grew up under the curtain which is really weird when you see the family photos. They are very open minded and often have gay friends over. Every country has it's freaks and weirdos and it's fun to laugh at them. But it's not the majority by a long shot

Lonos Oboe fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 16, 2014

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
This isn't something to laugh about. Russia isn't something to laugh about. It's a seriously lovely place and it's people are mostly scum and they're All alkies and their pedos manipulate their nazis to kill homos for being pedos and they all get divorced all the drat time.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Neukoln19 posted:

This isn't something to laugh about. Russia isn't something to laugh about. It's a seriously lovely place and it's people are mostly scum and they're All alkies and their pedos manipulate their nazis to kill homos for being pedos and they all get divorced all the drat time.

This is extremely racist.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

a good video about the futility of existance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJWmRXEi5xE

bad dogs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmtxCi7riAI

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.

click for more on englishrussia

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
is adidas a part of the russian government or did they just bump up their advertising efforts in the area? Will you be stoned like a gay if you wear a nike?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Three-Phase posted:

It always gives me great pause when a Russian offers to "show me a trick!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyF5tbN8iXw

pro click

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

srsly one of the best videos in the internet

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
The guy delivers on his promise.

VVVVVVVVV Yeah, you hit the nail on the head. They have a very dry and laconic sense of humour which is pretty chill.

Lonos Oboe fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 16, 2014

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsrklSlDA7w

edit: The relaxed nature of his friends afterwards just mildly chuckling is the true "russian" part of the video.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i had a roommate who was housing a russian he knew rent free, in exchange for a coke/speed connect, and the russian wanted to join the U.S. navy but somehow never had his papers

also he would take three hour long baths/steam sessions in our bathroom

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

babypolis posted:

srsly one of the best videos in the internet

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

etalian posted:

In Russia real man doesn't need bullets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz7928_mJg

Jesus christ.

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Morph this

Into this

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeXeMXzjt21uv5tonZHtOrA

Here is a few months worth of videos to watch how russians can't drive.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Muttonchips posted:

Does the government prosecute the people attacking homosexuals at all? Or do they just go "Ehhh whatever"

Their main government-funded TV station recently aired an anti-gay documentary called "Sodom" which prominently features Scott "Helped Uganda write that kill the gays bill" Lively so you guess

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

god bless you man with stick

is true hero

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

BlackJosh posted:

If you lived in Russia you would want to get hit by a car too.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yaos posted:

If you lived in Russia you would want to get hit by a car too.

It's actually because it's a common mafia scam, basically someone leaps in front of car and demands a bribe to forget about the whole thing.

The massive amount of insurance scams is why we can enjoy so many slav dashcam videos.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
that open broad daylight torture thing was a little upsetting and i really dont care about gay people one way or the other

like it kind of made me want to shoot them. thank god for 2nd ammednemtn

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

katlington posted:

Morph this

Into this

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
HERE IS HOW YOU TAKE SHOTS WITH RUSSIANS

YOU WILL NEED:
Bottles of vodka
Loaves of black rye
Olives and salted fish and any other food that's salty as gently caress

Okay first we all get a glass. You have a glass? You do not have a glass. Fill him a glass. Okay, now we all have a shot. Everyone I want you to take a piece of bread. Do not eat it, just take the bread okay? Okay. Now you do what I do. When you drink the vodka you smell the bread. Do not eat it, just smell it. WHAT DID I SAY DO NOT EAT JUST SMELL. Like this. Now you are done with the drink, go to the food and eat everything you can.

You did not do so well at this. I think you should practice one more time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Zzulu posted:

i post these in last russia thread, i hope its okay i post again, yes?

Here is angry russian man

oi look this is from Australia ya drongo

this ain't though (Ukraine might as well be Russia now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGDOE-zDVZc

yeah let's take a magnetron out of a microwave and stick a tin can to it because fuckit

• Locked thread