Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Robot Opinions
i am a BIG FAN of robots
i like robots quite a bit
View Results

• Locked thread
jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

atorox is the best robot

welp that's what i have to say about robots thank you for reading :tipshat:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jerry Cotton posted:

atorox is the best robot

welp that's what i have to say about robots thank you for reading :tipshat:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

I own over 100 small snap-together models of robots

Of course you do.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

there was a lovely cartoon animation television series that aired on either super channel or sky channel in the mid-eighthies where there were i think three (or more) very simply shaped small flying robots and the red one (and maybe the others) started computing they'd say "COMPUTING" and their face would be a VDU screen and things would flash on it all computingy style. if anyone can help me remember what it was called then tia. it realyl wasn't any good as i remember it but it's been killing me for like my entire adult life.

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
I am afraid of the consequences of Jet Jaguar learning to reprogram itself.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

p. sure megaman will kill jet jaguar and acquire his powers anyway

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my vacuum is a robot

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Shaggar posted:

my vacuum is a robot

another little known robot fact:

robots can have many different sorts of lights on them, blue lights, red lights, green lights, all sorts of lights

but if a robot has more red lights than any other color the odds are good that sooner or later it will be programmed to do bad deeds

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
i like pacific rim in spite of the bad acting and completely forgettable main character

an uplifting tale of giant robots punching giant monsters :buddy:

Taps
Aug 14, 2009
http://youtu.be/8X1QkseVjIY

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

dang if i were the kinda person who went around having sex with stewardesses i would listen to this song every day

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Ericadia posted:

i like pacific rim in spite of the bad acting and completely forgettable main character

one of the biggest robots is named tradino and he is a big dragon that breathes fire on germans

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

pram posted:

didnt read a single word but posting anyway

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Ericadia posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
pacific rum really owned and im rly eager for the next installation

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Smythe posted:

pacific rum really owned and im rly eager for the next installation

i watched it together with my gfs 9 y/o.

the proper way to watch a movie about giant robits.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i watched it alone in the theatre at like 11 am on a weekday

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
I'm still mad about the goon director claiming it's the film is about cultures and nations coming together and in reality it's some insanely racist Chinese and Russian caricatures who immediately die so the mighty western cock can invade the bad guys.

Ron Perlman and Charlie owned though

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Smythe posted:

i watched it alone in the theatre at like 11 am on a weekday

that's how i watched titanic, its the best, but you must be drunk in a lovely town for the full effect

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

i've only been to a movie alone once in my life. i'd just moved to a new town and i had to see ingloriuosiuis basterds @ opening night.

was worth it, even tho it was kinda weird

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
welcome to shitsville, next train is 6 hours away. here is a bar, and a cinema, with stinky people. enjoy david cameron's latest oeuvre

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'm probably gonna see gone girl by myself

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dr. Honked posted:

that's how i watched titanic, its the best, but you must be drunk in a lovely town for the full effect

noice, and agreed

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
Post the coolest videos of robots that u have personally worked on u got

http://youtu.be/rJahf9r56x8

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Fib posted:

my atlas robot is better than yours

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fib posted:

i like how that robot is a piece of poo poo

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Dr. Honked posted:

welcome to shitsville,
population u

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
Forget the darpa robotics challenge, why aren't we making our million dollar robots just straight up punch each other? It would make for a much better spectator sport

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
they already tried that but it degenerated into everyone making the same robot that tries to scoop & flip the other ones

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fib posted:

cool thing

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

jony ive aces posted:

they already tried that but it degenerated into everyone making the same robot that tries to scoop & flip the other ones

new rule: no scooping, no flipping

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

rotor posted:

what you do is check the classifieds every day for old robots you can pick up for cheap
then you scrub of all the rust, change the oil, maybe a software upgrade and a new voice synthesizer, and you can sell it for for triple what you bought it for

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

qirex posted:

i am a BIG FAN of robots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

rotor posted:

a real estate speculation robot that works as a cub reporter on the weekend

• Locked thread