Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Its only been like 13 hours, but I feel like I'm going crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
the hardest part is after the physical withdrawl you have to deal with the psychological cravings.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

get an ecig. you can get liquid that tastes like a pizza

vape a pizza OP

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
10 months no cigs :D

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tom Gorman posted:

get an ecig. you can get liquid that tastes like a pizza

vape a pizza OP

nahh. I already got a patch on my shoulder.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
You are going to get fat/fatter which is funny.

Nog
May 15, 2006

sow your mouth shut (do this to your nose too in case you get desperate)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years and then, maybe you're free of nicotine.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

You can put nicotine gum in your bhole - its a huge trend here that the kids are calling Nicotanusing and their parents don't even know until its too late

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years and then, maybe you're free of nicotine.

god I hope so!

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

the hardest part is after the physical withdrawl you have to deal with the psychological cravings.

My dad still gets the cravings like twelve years later. No regrets though.

Stay strong, OP.

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
I quit by using camel snus. it worked somehow

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

black1abel posted:

I quit by using camel snus. it worked somehow

thats nice but I like my teath.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hipWlbvtrVk

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hang in there, OP, and good luck.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Shut up and go buy another pack you cry baby.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
It'll be three years for me in February. You can do it op.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

1 year last month, cold turkey after smoking for 5 and some change

pussy

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I'm triying my best you mother fuckers!

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Give up trying to give up :clint:

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
Ex-smokers, what do you miss the most about smoking? If anything at all. Just curious.

I just buy a pack once in a blue moon and burn through it. I might bum a few cigs if I'm out having a few drinks.

Moderation is key etc etc etc

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Enjoy your cancer guys

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

you're gonna relapse, only way to stop is to go back in time and stop your past self.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Muttonchips posted:

Ex-smokers, what do you miss the most about smoking? If anything at all. Just curious.

I just buy a pack once in a blue moon and burn through it. I might bum a few cigs if I'm out having a few drinks.

the burn in my throat.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
patch gives me hosed up nightmares

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
ive been smoking for like five years and i want to quit b4 my birthday, i think if you hit ten years then youre well and truly hosed, but if u think im already hosed im definitely impressionable & vulnerable so hit me w/ it

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Muttonchips posted:

Same here, I've smoked maybe a pack like every other month for like 10 years and rarely, rarely crave one outside of drinking/being out with a friend that smokes.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 15, 2014

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA_ChBIjg-4

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
tapering down from 3/4 of a pack to a few a day wasn't too bad, but giving up the post-dinner/after-work smoke when I quit completely was a bitch. Had to white-knuckle a few of those drives in traffic.

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
i miss relapsing everyone in this thread should relapse delicious nicotine dicks calling you from the abyss

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
well a cigar is sometimes a cigar, but sometimes it is delicious. my broinlaw has this thing calld a hurfador. sounds byobby. n e way, he gave me a preserved swisher sweet, and it tasted like a fresh havana ufo. i mean holy poo poo, that was a good cigar.

wtf is this thread, a support group?!

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
the first few days were the hardest for me, it's been like 3 or 4 years now, it's awesome

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What got me to stop?

I started to smell other smokers. Price increases because of new taxes. Body Worlds exhibit of a healthy lung vs a lung that has been smoking since, I guess, when I started: 12 or 13? to when this patient died of lung cancer.

I still smoke when occasion calls for it; I will never purchase a pack again. (hopefully)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Zeluth posted:

What got me to stop?

I started to smell other smokers. Price increases because of new taxes. Body Worlds exhibit of a healthy lung vs a lung that has been smoking since, I guess, when I started: 12 or 13? to when this patient died of lung cancer.

I still smoke when occasion calls for it; I will never purchase a pack again. (hopefully)

lol!

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
Shouldn't have started in the first place dummy.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Smoke phantom cigarettes instead they are much better for you. You need to take datura in order to see them though.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Whether your thread is a joke or not, I give myself credit for following through. It was tough but after a couple of months without cigarettes, they won't be on your mind anymore.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Muttonchips posted:

The first one in the morning and the after dinner smoke are the best

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Zeluth posted:

Whether your thread is a joke or not, I give myself credit for following through. It was tough but after a couple of months without cigarettes, they won't be on your mind anymore.

I hope so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I quit almost two years ago and I still get the occasional craving when I'm bored. Actually quitting wasn't too bad since I wasn't a heavy smoker but it still sucks. E-cigs didn't help me for poo poo.

• Locked thread