Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Was great. It was destiny, even the names of the actors was perfect: Adam West and Burt Ward. Children could enjoy it for the adventure, parents for the camp humor.

(Thread tag is appropriate since people think it's hilarious to point out the homosexual vibe of three men living together)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Azraelle posted:

Was great. It was destiny, even the names of the actors was perfect: Adam West and Burt Ward. Children could enjoy it for the adventure, parents for the camp humor.

(Thread tag is appropriate since people think it's hilarious to point out the homosexual vibe of three men living together)

Aunt Harriet lived there too.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
some times you just can't get rid of a thread!

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

The Human Crouton posted:

Aunt Harriet lived there too.

The homosexual subtext is kinda like Saurons eye looking kinda sorta like a vagina: every person thinks they're clever for pointing it out.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

ArtIsResistance posted:

some times you just can't get rid of a thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JpWMnxBmGg

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

My favourite episode is the one where Batman runs for Mayor against the Penguin

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Shitpost Repellent Bat-Spray ITT

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
don't forget the robin actor was a headliner for broadway before batman.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

The show's biggest strength is probably how it rarely tries to tell the viewer that it is aware of its own silliness. The actors deliver their lines with a straight face I would like to see more of today.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The current Batman 66' comics that DC's doing are also the best Batman comics being made right now.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Azraelle posted:

My favourite episode is the one where Batman runs for Mayor against the Penguin

My favorite trap is when Ma Parker puts a bomb on the Batmobile that will go off if it hits 56mph(speed limit is 55), and Aunt Harriet calls Batman and tells him that she made a fresh apple pie at home.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
The first word I ever spoke in my entire life was "Batman" because my parents let me watch it when I was a baby.The Adam West one. I have to live with that poo poo.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Azraelle posted:

The show's biggest strength is probably how it rarely tries to tell the viewer that it is aware of its own silliness. The actors deliver their lines with a straight face I would like to see more of today.

this is why i want dc to start making silver age live action movies with a made for tv sci fi channel budget with serious actors.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Batman putting his penis in Robin's rear end hole

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

how do you feel about middle aged fat men cosplaying as batman

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

My favorite trap is when Ma Parker puts a bomb on the Batmobile that will go off if it hits 56mph(speed limit is 55), and Aunt Harriet calls Batman and tells him that she made a fresh apple pie at home.

That is amazing

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Aardvark Barber posted:

how do you feel about middle aged fat men cosplaying as batman

I feel that they are doing gods work

e: especially if the try to do the "Im batman" batman without irony

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
60's Batman was awesome and had an all-star TV lineup you just can't get for a such a campy project these days. Burgess Meredith, Frank Gorshin, Cesar Romero, not to mention all the guest appearances.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

I read somewhere that Burt Ward took some growth-stopping hormones to not make Boy wonder too sexually enticing.

Wang Flotilla
Oct 13, 2007

God damn these electric sex pants

TOILETLORD posted:

this is why i want dc to start making silver age live action movies with a made for tv sci fi channel budget with serious actors.

If DC were to do a reboot of the 1966 Batman, what current actors would you like to see fill out the cast?

For some reason I think Seth McFarlane could do a pretty good Batman/Bruce Wayne, but I can't think of a good Robin.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Wang Flotilla posted:

If DC were to do a reboot of the 1966 Batman, what current actors would you like to see fill out the cast?

For some reason I think Seth McFarlane could do a pretty good Batman/Bruce Wayne, but I can't think of a good Robin.

bud bundy as robin, and i'd like to see nic cage as batman.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

TOILETLORD posted:

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

original batman movie is genuinely hilarious even in 2014

Wang Flotilla
Oct 13, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

Bud Bundy is perfect, but you'd never get Nic Cage on a weekly TV show.

If you did, he'd be a better villain anyway, because Cage is at his best when he puts on his crazy face. He could be a one-off special guest villain or something, like when he was Doctor Fu-Manchu in that fake trailer for "Werewolf Women of the SS".

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Wang Flotilla posted:

Bud Bundy is perfect, but you'd never get Nic Cage on a weekly TV show.

If you did, he'd be a better villain anyway, because Cage is at his best when he puts on his crazy face. He could be a one-off special guest villain or something, like when he was Doctor Fu-Manchu in that fake trailer for "Werewolf Women of the SS".

hmm then how about bruce willis as batman?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'd really love to see "The Dark Knight Returns" done in 60s fashion starring Adam West.

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

Rapman the Cook posted:

Batman putting his penis in Robin's rear end hole

It was called The Bat Cave.

Wang Flotilla
Oct 13, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

hmm then how about bruce willis as batman?

Isn't he too old though? Bruce Wayne in 66 was like a 30 something playboy with a full head of hair.

Willis could play Chief O'Hara, Alan Rickman as Commissioner Gordon, so we get a Die Hard reunion.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I'd really love to see "The Dark Knight Returns" done in 60s fashion starring Adam West.

Then there is a website you should learn about called youtube where you will search for that and oh boy a lot of people had that idea but not very well

Wang Flotilla
Oct 13, 2007

Can you imagine the fight with the leader of the Mutants with BIFF ZOP BLAM going off everywhere? Probably would devolve into a dance-off, which I would be totally fine with.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Wang Flotilla posted:

Isn't he too old though? Bruce Wayne in 66 was like a 30 something playboy with a full head of hair.

Willis could play Chief O'Hara, Alan Rickman as Commissioner Gordon, so we get a Die Hard reunion.

to be fair i always forget these people actually age since i only see them in their old movies. lets just make the rock batman.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
on rewatching as an adult i am suprised by how clearly you can see bat-man's and robin's penises.

Wang Flotilla
Oct 13, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

to be fair i always forget these people actually age since i only see them in their old movies. lets just make the rock batman.

Too big. Batman wasn't really in that great shape in '66. I vote for either Jack Black or Johnny Knoxville Neil Patrick Harris or Nathan Fillion.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
So long as a remake included original 6os exciting full orchestral soundtrack I'd be fine with it

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Wang Flotilla posted:

Too big. Batman wasn't really in that great shape in '66. I vote for either Jack Black or Johnny Knoxville Neil Patrick Harris or Nathan Fillion.

i hate both those people, know what make dean from supernatural batman i think he could pull it off.

Wang Flotilla
Oct 13, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

i hate both those people, know what make dean from supernatural batman i think he could pull it off.

Yeah that works. He's got plenty of experience playing absolutely stupid poo poo totally straight.

I've been thinking about who could play the Joker since the thread started and I can't think of one person who could do Cesar Romero justice.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

a starwar betamax posted:

on rewatching as an adult i am suprised by how clearly you can see bat-man's and robin's penises.

I've been pretty aware of Robin's package, but how could I have missed Batman's junk all these years?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Wang Flotilla posted:

Yeah that works. He's got plenty of experience playing absolutely stupid poo poo totally straight.

I've been thinking about who could play the Joker since the thread started and I can't think of one person who could do Cesar Romero justice.

the dude that played o'brien but he too old. gently caress just slap some grease paint on mark hamil.

Wang Flotilla
Oct 13, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

the dude that played o'brien but he too old. gently caress just slap some grease paint on mark hamil.

He won't do it anymore. Or at least not until we back the literal dump truck full of cash raised from Kickstarter for this project up to his house.

How about fat gay guy from Modern Family?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wang Flotilla
Oct 13, 2007

Actually now I want the dumb dad from Modern Family to play Batman.

• Locked thread