Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I rattle cages on day 1 and I was especially a pain in the rear end on this day 1 because no one was doing anything and it was pissing me off.

But as for the apostate gender confusion, every single time I called apostate him, it was genuinely an accident. That poo poo happens, most goons are men, it's an accident and it wasn't at all meant as an insult. I then genuinely apologized for it and I'm pretty drat certain what Hal did was more of a joke at my expense (which is totally fine) than at Apostate's.

I don't really see myself as a problem right now, I'm just trying to play a game and get things going.

So back in mafialand...

This is normally the part where I would say something akin to "apostate is just pretending to get caught up in gender pronoun confusion to avoid detection" but this seems pretty genuine so I'll go ahead and call it a null.

Let's go back to lynching scum, preferably MMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

So what happens when I don't flip scum, chili?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Sorry to AC for using the wrong pronoun, even by accident. I'm sorry you have to deal with people being shitheads all day and I don't think anyone here (including Hal) was doing it to try to diminish you as a person or as a woman. I hope you will still play with us.

##vote MMM I am ok with this!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

MildManeredManikin posted:

So what happens when I don't flip scum, chili?

Not concerned about that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yuming left a random TNL vote and presumably went to bed?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Quidnose posted:

Yuming left a random TNL vote and presumably went to bed?

Appears that way, yes.

Whatever, I ain't lynching yuming. She'll hopefully gain some steam tomorrow and give us something good. At this point there's enough for her to review that I'd bank on a few solid reads tomorrow.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Why not though, I know the whole "I am 100% certain of these reads" is all theatre, but what is the point of it if you're basically going to throw your hands up in the air right after I get lynched and then say "well I guess he played poorly and stuff, next"

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

zzyzx (2): Hal Incandenza, Chili, Chili, apostateCourier
MildManeredManikin (2): yuming, yuming, Chili, Quidnose
Chili (2): apostateCourier, Poison Mushroom, The Ninth Layer, apostateCourier
apostateCourier (1): Quidnose, zzyzx, Quidnose
The Ninth Layer (1): Chili, yuming, Chili
AXE COP (0): Chili, Chili

Not Voting (5): AXE COP, bowmore, MildManeredManikin, mr.capps, Saith

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 21st, 2014 at midnight CDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 18 minutes.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Why not though, I know the whole "I am 100% certain of these reads" is all theatre, but what is the point of it if you're basically going to throw your hands up in the air right after I get lynched and then say "well I guess he played poorly and stuff, next"

It isn't theater at all. You are my biggest concern. I believe pretty firmly in my gut, and it's singing on you.

But yes, should you flip town, that is nearly precisely what I'll do. What exactly should I do differently? Perhaps instead of all of this "WELL WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN YOU'RE WRONG?!??!" nonsense you go out and find us someone better to lynch, because all I'm seeing from you now is worthless future-talk drivel and that ain't helping us or you.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'll have internet/be totally moved into my new place tomorrow, sorry about missing day 1, posting this off someone else's phone

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I'm not seeing anything about lynch requirements anywhere. Are plurality lynches in effect?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah I guess the only reason I'm even bringing it up is because it is terrible. Your read is literally awful, both in it's original phrasing and your "I trust my gut strongly, never forgive, never surrender" recast.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Yeah I guess the only reason I'm even bringing it up is because it is terrible. Your read is literally awful, both in it's original phrasing and your "I trust my gut strongly, never forgive, never surrender" recast.

I can't be the only one seeing this, right?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Chili posted:

This is loosey goosey town calling and it's weak and worthless at the 11th hour of day 1. Looking back on his post history all I'm seeing of any merit was a quick call out on Axe Cop and to say that was a softball would be a gross exaggeration.

MMM will likely flip scum, I'd love to see that happen.

Yep this dude didn't call somebody out as scum in day one and even made a town read whta hte fuvk

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yep this dude didn't call somebody out as scum in day one and even made a town read whta hte fuvk

I mean, that was sorta what happened in the last game we were in and I defended you and look where that got me...

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Chili posted:

I can't be the only one seeing this, right?

No I also agree with the post you quoted.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean, that was sorta what happened in the last game we were in and I defended you and look where that got me...

Good point but I mean it's also happened literally every game I've played the last few months so

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Get off your rear end and do something productive. All your doing is making GBS threads on me. How is that helping us? If I'm wrong then loving prove it by going out there and finding scum. The deadline is in a few hours and people are going to start going to bed soon. There isn't much to go on right now, but you're in the same exact position as I am. If you think my gut on you is so loving horrible it shouldn't be terribly difficult for you to churn out something better.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Also, it does help that yuming had an initial ping on MMM. If you don't trust my gut, trust hers, lord knows it's one of the best ones out there.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah that's good enough for me.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Alrighty, I'm comfortable with my vote. I'm turning in, got a busy day tomorrow.

Love you all, hope to see you tomorrow. Let's do better!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Alright. I've been under the gun from people on day one like that from scum and and town, so I was trying to figure out how chili was specifically invested in this game. I got a town read off that exchange.

As for the vote. I think we should go for a lurker. This game is laden with them and I think that's the best bet atm.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##vote TNL

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm, we have to consolidate someplace. ##vote TNL for the time being.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

There is a whole lotta black and white avatar going on up in hyah.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal, why TNL and not MMM?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Hal, why TNL and not MMM?

There is a very good reason which is because.

I don't really have a read on MMM, actually. He is reminding me of his scum game but that is also very fresh in my mind. I feel like in another day or so he'll be easier to get a read on. I do wish there was more to go on with TNL though.

Meh. Is anyone even going to show up to let us get a majority?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Doubtful at this point. Somber, I'm not sure if having deadlines after midnight Eastern Time is going to yield favorable results.

Anyway, anything is better than nothing, if it's gotta be TNL, I'm fine with that. He's certainly capable of more than he's giving us.

##vote TNL

MMM has, to his credit, at least been present and I don't want to make the common mistake of associating high post count with scum. That happens to me all the time.

Still very confident in my read on him, and still want to pick up on him tomorrow, but for now, I'm all for pulling a lynch out of our asses.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote TNL

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Meh.

##vote TNL

(-1)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote TNL

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The hour passes quickly, with argument slowly swelling amongst the group. Eventually, someone walks up to The Ninth Layer and shoves their finger in his chest. "Bullshit," they shout, "I know it was you! It had to have been you!"

The Ninth Layer starts tearing up. Upon repeated pressure, he nods his head and admits to it. "Yeah, I was part of it? So what?"

The group quickly circles The Ninth Layer and starts beating him. It's several minutes before the crowd is pulled apart and The Ninth Layer is tied up.

They ask the owner of the home, "Is there anywhere we can store him"

The owner nods, and they carry him down to the cellar without ceremony. As they walk back upstairs, beyond his muffled screams, several of you hear a strange clicking noise.

The Ninth Layer, Morton Willits, Scum Jack-of-all-Trades was killed day one!

Actions are needed this night!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I know the action deadline is midnight cst, but I'd like to be able to go to sleep earlier if possible. Do me a solid and submit your action if you haven't please!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
An hour passes quietly, the group mostly huddles together near the fire, separating into little cliques. Although the convicts are still in control of the situation, the murder has everyone nervous and they seek safety in the group as well. One of the hostages grumbles, only half-joking, that this is a hell of a case of Stockholm Syndrome.

Every so often, a cry will reach someone’s ears. Whether it’s Morton, locked in the cellar, or the wind rattling the bones of the old farmhouse is unclear.

One of you stands up, clearing your throat to get the room’s attention as if they weren’t all already staring at you. “Hey, everyone. Here’s the thing, what if there’s someone else dangerous here? I mean, just, what if?”

Someone scoffs a little too eagerly, eager to disprove you. Whether it’s to protect their own interests or to dismiss their own fears, you can’t say. “Come on, what evidence do you have to that effect?”

The speaker shrugs, looking embarrassed. “I don’t know, I can’t explain it.” They run their hand through their hair and mumble something, “I just don’t feel like we’re done here. I don't feel safe. Do you?”

No one answers.

No one died night one.

It is now day two. With twelve players alive, it will take seven votes to lynch. Deadline is Thursday, 9 PM CST. If you think the game would benefit from an extra day you can PM me, but I don't want anyone getting bored.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##vote Chili

I feel it in my bones.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote Chili

I feel it in my bones.

I am considering this as well.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Go on?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
##vote MMM by the way.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mostly your reluctance to vote TNL. That's just a gut feeling though, I need to look back and see who else was softly defending him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Chili posted:

This is normally the part where I would say something akin to "apostate is just pretending to get caught up in gender pronoun confusion to avoid detection" but this seems pretty genuine so I'll go ahead and call it a null.
Dude, I'm sorry. What the gently caress are you talking about?

• Locked thread