Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Hal Incandenza posted:

Mostly your reluctance to vote TNL. That's just a gut feeling though, I need to look back and see who else was softly defending him.

I was reluctant. Why wouldn't I be? As scum or town, there was essentially no good reason to lynch the guy except that he was lurking. Not exactly anything strong there. I had, and still have a good strong gut feeling on MMM, that was my lynch of choice yesterday. So yes, I was indeed reluctant but that reluctance was centered on a belief that we were letting a good lynch get away from us.

Turns out, we got lucky. Good for us. I'd really like to parlay that into a solid lynch for day 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Poison Mushroom posted:

Dude, I'm sorry. What the gently caress are you talking about?

Throwing a fake hissy fit about something tangential to the game to avoid actually playing the game. It's something scum would do as opposed to town. But, as I said, she seemed genuinely cheesed, and it's probably not a marker for anything because of that.

It appears your combing through my post history now and may attempt to build a case. If you do that, I will let you know right now, I ain't gonna respond to any itemized list of posts with your movie quotes contriving their way into points.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Chili, tell me more about MMM.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i decided to check out GiPs because I was curious what the threads were like there and for all the complaints about the ironic racism in gbs there seems to be a lot of just plain racism in GiP

ironic racism is stupid though, its just nobody complains about the poo poo elsewhere

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
basically all these forums are bad so lets shut it down

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

mr.capps posted:

i decided to check out GiPs because I was curious what the threads were like there and for all the complaints about the ironic racism in gbs there seems to be a lot of just plain racism in GiP

ironic racism is stupid though, its just nobody complains about the poo poo elsewhere

I don't know what that is.

Quidnose posted:

Chili, tell me more about MMM.

His responses to my initial ping on him is what sold me. He just dug in his heels and whined a bunch. Yes, he ended his day with a vote on TNL, but that's not compelling at all. TNL was the only other viable lynch target opposite him. If he were scum, why not try to get him lynched? TNL certainly wasn't helping the scum cause any lurking it up like that, may as well get him out and look good doing it. If he's town, same thing, better TNL than him. So basically, I don't give him any credit for bringing TNL down and I still find his actions yesterday to be scummy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ironic racism, and racism are the worst

i am sorry but the truth has to come out, and its coming out in this mafia game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
GOONS IN PLATOONS YOU DUMBASS DO YOU EVEN VISIT THESE FORUMS OH MY GOD

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also:
gently caress capitalism
gently caress the patriarchy

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Is this the kinda guy you are? I don't think I know much about you except that I think you wrote some judge stuff for my Hunger Games mafia.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ban chili imo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chili posted:

Is this the kinda guy you are? I don't think I know much about you except that I think you wrote some judge stuff for my Hunger Games mafia.

what do you mean by "kinda guy"?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

What's really disappointing is that as far as I can tell chili is town and thus it would be a bad idea to vote him even if it's the best thing for the readability of this game,

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
seriously this game is even more negative than most and has not be pleasant for me to read

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Chilis opinion in MMM at deadline was obviously more interesting to him than my vague feels and the lurker case on Ninth.

I don't think we can read too much into it. I also don't think Chili is scum, so.

Because Ninth was mostly a lucky lynch we are going to need to post post post today because it's p much day 1.5. Most of the unreadable players didn't participate in the lynch at the end of the day-- bowmore, AC, animegirlavatar ?saith? please tell us about who you think is scum. Overall! Not just in relation to flip.

The worst feel I have is zzys flippant defense of Ninth. I'll be around tomorrow evening but have lots to do so~

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

MildManeredManikin posted:

What's really disappointing is that as far as I can tell chili is town and thus it would be a bad idea to vote him even if it's the best thing for the readability of this game,
Sometimes you have to ignore the rules and concentrate on the people.

mr.capps posted:

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.

Chili posted:

Throwing a fake hissy fit about something tangential to the game to avoid actually playing the game.
I'm not gonna answer that, it's stupid.

Chili posted:

It appears your combing through my post history now and may attempt to build a case. If you do that, I will let you know right now, I ain't gonna respond to any itemized list of posts with your movie quotes contriving their way into points.
You're lots of fun, Baloo.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well, I'll give this game another shot tomorrow and see if I can actually get invested in it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yuming is town because I don't think she would have thrown TNL under the bus with no reason as scum.

MMM, I hope you have a good defense tomorrow because I like Chili's case on you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
How can you like anything Chili has posted?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Chili and Chili's are pretty much the same thing in that they serve you poo poo in a way dumb middle class people can feel fancy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am sorry but if you like Applebee's Or Chili's you are not a good person.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I rather eat at loving McDonalds.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

mr.capps posted:

seriously this game is even more negative than most and has not be pleasant for me to read

What are you talking about?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
do you have a rare form of dyslexia where things that are lovely to read are pleasant to read and pleasant to read things are really lovely?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
here is the proper response to my previous post, you say, "no because if I did your posts would be wonderful to my eyes"

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
OK, so he's just drunk or something?

Anyway, I'll echo what yuming stated. We really need some more posting. I'm especially curious to hear more from Apostate because I went back and forth with my opinion on her yesterday and I'd like to land somewhere. Apostate, do you have any reactions to the lynch? Anything pinging your spidey sense one way or the other?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Capps, are you unable to vote today, because you seem to be hating on Chili and, you know, not voting him.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You can't just vote willy nilly, it loses impact then.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Instead I really prod Chili some more and then vote him when he says something truly outrageous.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Actually asking if I am drunk counts.
##vote Chili

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I have a sick feeling that the last two scum are bowmore and saith and this game is just gonna suck its way to a dirty-feeling town victory :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chili posted:

I have a sick feeling that the last two scum are bowmore and saith and this game is just gonna suck its way to a dirty-feeling town victory :(

you sure seem to be embracing the suck

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Capps, are you unable to vote today, because you seem to be hating on Chili and, you know, not voting him.

It's really only human to hate chili at this point. He's like a wrestling foot that the audience is supposed to dislike so that they feel good when he is punched repeatedly.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
mad mood capps is lose

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah you heard that right, not a bad mood, a mad mood

cause there ain't nothing bad about this mood when it stands for justice and good nature people across the world

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

even me and capps, RIVALS, are in agreement here

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah this is very much like FDR teaming up with Stalin to defeat Hitler

i am of course fdr

i love the new deal

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

capps I cannot tell what's true in your posting anymore but I love it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am a well known sincere comedy poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
grant is my second favorite president after fdr