Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Time for a new helldump?
Do it
gently caress that noise
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
We need to bring back helldump. I'm tired of going to SASS for my smackdown fix.

Sabel and pumpy muffinz could be the ringleaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Open it for two months out of the year.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
I'll take it; that's better than nothing.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
*crumbunist posts ur picture*

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
I miss the funny good parts of helldump, which are not the parts anyone on SASS can replicate

Without their natural predators the forums creeper population has really exploded admins should at least implement an open season and tag limit

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Open it with the rule that anyone who starts a thread has to post a picture of themself.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

I miss the funny good parts of helldump, which are not the parts anyone on SASS can replicate

Without their natural predators the forums creeper population has really exploded admins should at least implement an open season and tag limit

someone gets it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Without their natural predators the forums creeper population has really exploded into admins
i think i got reading dyslexia

also im a hardboiled 1930s gruff gymbro straight out of mad men, i don't dare post my picture or else ill have an army of gays trying to suck my dick. but lol look at this guy

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Sure it had its ups and downs but on the other hand would this guy have become a forums superstar with Crumbunist and Boniface and the other mean girls still on watch

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

didnt boniface end up becoming some twitter superstar and wrote a big long sad article about helldump

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

didnt boniface end up becoming some twitter superstar and wrote a big long sad article about helldump

https://twitter.com/mobute and yeah

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

helldump was pretty SASSy by the end but it was funny for a little while.

i think mocking someone based on their post history should be legal in GBS

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yea no one calls anyone out or tells anyone to get out in gbs anymore. Why is that. Have we gone soft. I thrive in this environment. Ive got so much gay poo poo to say

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

boniface on gawker posted:

The boards I favored were the better ones of the type, where members were socially and politically liberal and unserious, devoted to a meritocracy of jokes. Thinking up a great one-liner—the briefer the better—kicked off an endorphin rush. But they were still closed systems. And when you see the same people, or representations of people, all the time, familiarity overpowers the anarchy. Power structures and cliques assert themselves; what would have been an innocuous burn gets added to a growing list of resentments, framed by an e-feudal caste structure. Are you up or down? What did that post mean? You now have a serious relationship with stupid poo poo.

And that relationship comes with implacable rules. One is that no matter who you are, in the hierarchy of the board, you will—through some terminally white version of the logic of The Wire—get got. If you are a bad and unfunny poster, they will come for you right away. If you are un-bad but still unfunny, they will tolerate your white noise for weeks or months, then get sick of you and come for you. If you are good and funny and popular, well, what goes up goddamn well has to come down again. People don't like being bested. Only a tiny set of people are so big-hearted and talented that they won't find themselves receiving more jabs than they have the gloves to block. I was not one of those.

basically none of the article is funny including the part i posted

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

it seemed funny at the time and exposed some classic characters in the sa gooniverse but if you go back and read old helldump threads, so much of it was shrill unfunny "burns" and idk, maybe i'm just too old for that stuff now or something

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Puppy Galaxy posted:

basically none of the article is funny including the part i posted

what the gently caress did helldump do to this man to make him type these words

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
helldump was funny at the time but the posters weren't.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
i feel like bringing helldump back would be funny but I also believe that a goon outing themselves as a terrible person with no prodding whatsoever is equally hilarious.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
It turned into an embarassing cliquey fyad-lite after a while but i think that it is good for pedophiles, furries, etc who post on these forums to be shamed

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Helldump owned and furthermore :nws:http://i.imgur.com/VkHpoY0.jpg:nws:

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
helldump seemed to bring a lot of weird and creepy behavior out of people. please keep the weirdness offsite or in some IRC channel somewhere

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Incredulous Dylan posted:

helldump seemed to bring a lot of weird and creepy behavior out of people. please keep the weirdness offsite or in some IRC channel somewhere

I prefer to think of it as a safe controlled outlet for the people who otherwise would wind up trying to gangstalk Ulililla

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

it pretty much encourages doxxing for more internet "burn" cred and it got pretty lame imo

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

LifeSizePotato posted:

it pretty much encourages doxxing for more internet "burn" cred and it got pretty lame imo

lmbo. they doxxed themselves as soon as they started posting poo poo.

bring back helldump

5-HT fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 16, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
by doxxing standards helldump was pretty mild since they didn't actually start posting people's addresses or harassing them at work

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
even if many of them were good, tactical nasa nerd is still my favorite

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Police Automaton posted:

even if many of them were good, tactical nasa nerd is still my favorite

he didn't even work for NASA, he was a computer janitor for some company that got a contract for some NASA work

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

he didn't even work for NASA, he was a computer janitor for some company that got a contract for some NASA work

I thought he was a literal janitor at NASA idk which is funnier

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
what I've read of helldump was kind of underwhelming. maybe you had to be there

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

??

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cucking Mama posted:

what I've read of helldump was kind of underwhelming. maybe you had to be there

it was pretty lame then too. the only good part was garbage day, when one helldump poster (usually someone who responded to their own callout thread) was permabanned by popular vote per week by fragmaster.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Tactical pants.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

He's prob. one of the few from that list who's not dead by now. I don't know who the red faced pancake guy is but no way that guy still lives, he doesn't really look like he'd make it another ten minutes.

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

x1000

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont miss helldump, i think it hurt this great community we have built

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

boom boom boom posted:

Open it with the rule that anyone who starts a thread has to post a picture of themself.

This man has the right idea.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Can't wait for a subforum to return devoted to showcasing people who don't respect gender pronouns or feel that communism isnt the answer to everything.

Edit: wow just wow

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 16, 2014

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
and thats enough of that

the worst thing is fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 16, 2014

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
When everyone wonders why so many of the mods and posters here are hosed up. Its because only the 8 people that post in FYAD are allowed to call out people

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Can't wait for a subforum to return devoted to showcasing people who don't respect gender pronouns or feel that communism is the answer to everything.

Edit: wow just wow

The great thing about getting yelled at by dipshit internet liberals is, nobody cares about getting yelled at by dipshit internet liberals. LF tried to helldump D&D posters a fair few times including some who were legit loving awful; they're still there, LF's all gone

Most of the Helldumped knew they were monsters and would bare their fangs or flee when outed, if you didn't show up to your thread to roll with the punches or try to turn the tables on your accusers and weren't an actual sex criminal or something they'd pretty much just die. but this rarely happened

Tubgirl Cosplay fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
truly, those were darker times.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3071512

TheFinn posted:

If you post in Helldump and you have an anime avatar or username bad things may happen to you. Don't post in Helldump if you have either.

For all Helldump posters, If You See Something, Say Something.

• Locked thread