Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the biggest flop of 2015???
This poll is closed.
Adrian Neville 66 13.66%
Finn Balor 14 2.90%
Hideo Itami 176 36.44%
Kalisto 133 27.54%
Sami Zayn 36 7.45%
The Former Kevin Steen 58 12.01%
Total: 483 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

rovert posted:

What a weird post.

Glass house, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I think Becky looks better with darker hair, but otherwise I don't particularly care about her new look either way.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I love steampunk Becky Lynch and I hope she hits people with a giant zybourne clock all the time from now on.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Lina Farene.

She's only had like a dozen matches though. No real indications she's any good. Takes no bumps, stands in the middle of the ring and clamps on a bearhug.

Ah Lady Zeus.

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.

rovert posted:

What a weird post.

Weird because I don't understand your stalker-like hatred of SDR?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

maybe MORE rovert call-outs will do the trick and make this forum more about baseless fantasy booking and stupid angles from 15 years ago!!!!!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

epitasis posted:

baseless fantasy booking and stupid angles from 15 years ago!!!!!

Come on now.

This isn't the Indycar thread.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

can't wait for becky's wrestlemania entrance flying a zeppelin

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I didn't know norman smiley was training people at NXT. That makes me happy, I liked him when I was a kid, and it's good to hear he still has something to do with the business.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I don't think beckys look is especially stupid except for the goddamn diaper

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dias posted:

I love steampunk Becky Lynch and I hope she hits people with a giant zybourne clock all the time from now on.

Imagine four roverts on the edge of a cliff.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

dromal phrenia posted:

It's a preemptive measure against too many z-packs on the main roster.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

dromal phrenia posted:

Same, I like it and the entrance, it's just those dang pants. Thankfully the black ones look a little better than the brown ones.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

By this time next year Chad Gable will be NXT Champion and will have a massive PSP following

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

21 Hoot Salute posted:

By this time next year Chad Gable will be NXT Champion and will have a massive PSP following

Spoiler tag that you dick

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Fun fact: Norman Smiley is legit one if SDR's favorite wrestlers. There is a random Smiley / Malenko match from like a 1998 Worldwide episode that she loves.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

How old is she anyways? I know they sunk a lot of money into her, but realistically speaking, how many years can they get out of her even if she improves to "not going to botch everything in every role ever"?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

AlmightyPants posted:

How old is she anyways? I know they sunk a lot of money into her, but realistically speaking, how many years can they get out of her even if she improves to "not going to botch everything in every role ever"?

She's 30, turning 31 in September.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Testekill posted:

She's 30, turning 31 in September.

Eeesh. I guess there's a sunk cost fallacy going on then.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Layla's 38 and she's still around, so you never know. Depends on how well Total Divas continues to do I guess.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

epitasis posted:

maybe MORE rovert call-outs will do the trick and make this forum more about baseless fantasy booking and stupid angles from 15 years ago!!!!!

you're just jealous at everyone ignoring your scoops, epitasis, and i can respect that

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HogX posted:

I didn't know norman smiley was training people at NXT. That makes me happy, I liked him when I was a kid, and it's good to hear he still has something to do with the business.

Norman was actually training before there was an NXT. He joined FCW around 2008. Always praised by talent. He teaches beginners and the women. He is essentially the yardstick - if don't get Wrestling after working with Norman you never will.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Norman was actually training before there was an NXT. He joined FCW around 2008. Always praised by talent. He teaches beginners and the women. He is essentially the yardstick - if don't get Wrestling after working with Norman you never will.

so I assume this means Dana Brooke never will?

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

rovert posted:

Apparently he was such massive pain in the rear end for the PCW/ROH set of shows in England last November that he isn't being invited back for the next set of shows later this year.

Did he upset the ROH or PCW side?

He got pretty tanked on the first night in the after party in Evoque, then came back the next afternoon to pull a great match out of Paul London (which was mind-blowing given London spent the last half of 2014 in England avoiding bumping). It's a shame he won't be at the next Supershow, but at least I saw him again at PROGRESS a few weeks ago I suppose.

Benne posted:

I'm only bummed that Havok tanked her chance because WWE/NXT could really use a female HOSS type that's an actual serious threat, because Tamina sucks and Kharma isn't walking through that door.

She's bad though.

We just have to wait for Seliziya Sparx to be allowed back into America.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Padje posted:

Did he upset the ROH or PCW side?

He got pretty tanked on the first night in the after party in Evoque, then came back the next afternoon to pull a great match out of Paul London (which was mind-blowing given London spent the last half of 2014 in England avoiding bumping). It's a shame he won't be at the next Supershow, but at least I saw him again at PROGRESS a few weeks ago I suppose.

PCW

Padje posted:

We just have to wait for Seliziya Sparx to be allowed back into America.

#FreeSelez

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

Austin Matelson, the former WWE developmental talent who's letter to the company alleging problems with former NXT Head Coach Bill DeMott led to the avalanche of allegations against DeMott and his eventual resignation from WWE, has been cast in the new season of CBS reality series "Big Brother".

Originally trained by The Ballard Brothers, Matelson was billed as "Judas Devlin" during his time in WWE developmental. He last wrestled in 2013 and was released by WWE in 2014, months after suffering spinal injuries during training. His occupation is listed as a professional wrestler in promotional material released by the network.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

On the one hand, anything that got DeMott DeMoted (joke) is good. On the other hand haha look at that dude

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
He has MGMT lyrics tattooed on him, so while I'm no advocate for bullying, I'm giving DeMott a pass on this one.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rovert how much will you pay me for a Manila envelope signed by Norman Smiley

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Muddy Burphy posted:

He has MGMT lyrics tattooed on him, so while I'm no advocate for bullying, I'm giving DeMott a pass on this one.

I wonder how that'll work on Big Brother since they abruptly cut the live feeds if the houseguests sing anything copyrighted? Maybe there's an exception if you have the good judgement to put your crappy song lyrics on your ribcage though.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

On the one hand, anything that got DeMott DeMoted (joke) is good. On the other hand haha look at that dude

excuse me that's your wwe world heavyweight champion

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I find the thread way more entertaining when people are making GBS threads over rovert for being a weirdo, I never understand the objection when it happens

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

itshappening.gif

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Imagine a tagteam of Judas Devlin and Baron Corbin.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Imagine a tag team of Drew Galloway and Heath Slater. Maybe they can get an indian guy too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I wonder how that'll work on Big Brother since they abruptly cut the live feeds if the houseguests sing anything copyrighted? Maybe there's an exception if you have the good judgement to put your crappy song lyrics on your ribcage though.

what

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
If reality TV had a problem with lovely lyric tattoos, there would be no people to be on them.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
A three word phrase from the lyrics of a single song tattooed on your body is by no means copyrighted in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't know how much more clearly I can explain it. If a person on Big Brother even begins to sing Happy Birthday or some pop song on the live feeds, the producers are really quick to cut the feeds to black or to a placeholder image, to the point where contestants will occasionally do it intentionally just to get privacy from the cameras (i.e singing in the shower).

• Locked thread