Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the biggest flop of 2015???
This poll is closed.
Adrian Neville 66 13.66%
Finn Balor 14 2.90%
Hideo Itami 176 36.44%
Kalisto 133 27.54%
Sami Zayn 36 7.45%
The Former Kevin Steen 58 12.01%
Total: 483 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

NXT is a seasonal show by WWE where they call up a bunch of dudes from FCW and embarrass them on TV. A wrestler is eliminated weekly based on votes from WWE Superstars & The WWE UNIVERSE!!! It has brought us such greats as Wade Barrett, Kaval, Kaitlyn and Johnny Curtis.

NXT is the current developmental territory for the WWE.

Some History

Ohio Valley Wrestling was the WWE developmental territory from 2000 - 2008. It was considered a pretty good developmental territory and brought us names like Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Randy Orton & Batista. For a while it was considered a great developmental territory - producing some pretty good talent and some great shows. It ran pretty much like any normal little indy would.

It had a lot of problems though.

WWE didn't really care about OVW producing them great new talent. Jim Cornette has gone on countless rants about WWE giving him orders to teach somebody to just "BE THIS CHARACTER". They'd also call up talent with practically no warning and change the characters completely. I think the biggest example of this is NICK DINSMORE -> EUGENE or 5 young guys feuding -> One big cheerleader team.

In 2007 John Laurinaitis thought up the idea of relocating to Florida and started FLORIDA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING. In 2008 they ditched OVW as a territory and moved all WWE contracted talent to Florida. In the 4 years of FCW existing they proceeded to produce not even 1 star. They put on a lot of poo poo shows with a lot of poo poo talent, making very little good hires.

Then HHH was made the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations.

With HHH now being the head talent guy - the names coming up were being attributed to him. Suddenly instead of just hiring nobodies, WWE was hiring wrestlers people actually knew - starting with Mistico & Amazing Kong.

Sadly neither of these 2 names really worked out - but changes didn't stop there. Developmental was completely rebranded and FCW was scrapped for what we now know as NXT!

TODAY

Today NXT has a lot of really rad talent hired from the indies/japan (thanks to cool guys like Rob Naylor) and it has a show broadcasted weekly on the WWE Network. It's actually a really fun little show to watch thanks to a lot of fun gimmicks and some great wrestlers.

NXT airs on Thursdays at 8 PM Est.

THE NEXT BIG SHOW
December 11, 2014

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dpp5kX2J20

this post in memory of the lovely show this territory is named after

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Oct 16, 2014

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
hey hulkamatt are you wild and young?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I -HATE- that loving song!!!

Please don't poo poo post.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Between Alex Riley wrestling at a NXT house show and a bunch of "the Phoenix rises" posts on Twitter, I'm afraid we might see him in ring sometime soon.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

I miss Michael Tarver.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sigma posted:

Between Alex Riley wrestling at a NXT house show and a bunch of "the Phoenix rises" posts on Twitter, I'm afraid we might see him in ring sometime soon.
Hey if that means not hearing him on commentary I am completely fine with that

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

Alan Trammell posted:

I miss Michael Tarver.

I miss his cool T pose.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Worth noting is that next week is the next NXT TV taping. The taping will take us up until the next NXT Live special.

If Meltzer is believed that taping will be the one that Kevin Steen debuts on. Beyond that of most interest to me is whether he debuts as a heel as the male NXT roster is a little babyface heavy although if Neville turns heel the balance could be addressed just on that change.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

achillesforever6 posted:

Hey if that means not hearing him on commentary I am completely fine with that

maybe they'll let him go and he can go onto insurance sales or something else thats more suited for him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

HulkaMatt posted:

I forgot how much this opening looked like some lovely 90's sitcom opening.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is it safe to shitpost yet

HulkaMatt posted:

But but but but

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

Bryan Alvarez account spotted.

Also watching that intro, it's pretty hilarious that Tarver's literally the only one not still on the main roster.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Alex Riley wrestling means that it is much more likely that someone will notice how badly he sucks so that he can join the unemployment line with all the other schmucks who don't know how to steam chicken breast.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Maybe one of the wrestlers will teach him how to pronounce "Helluva Kick"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HulkaMatt posted:

In 2007 John Laurinaitis thought up the idea of relocating to Florida and started FLORIDA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING. In 2008 they ditched OVW as a territory and moved all WWE contracted talent to Florida. In the 4 years of FCW existing they proceeded to produce not even 1 star. They put on a lot of poo poo shows with a lot of poo poo talent, making very little good hires.

Aww, we're being unfair with Johnny Ace and FCW here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-q0cAkboc

(We're really not, I just wanted an excuse to post that match)

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I like that the wrestling community pretends that Deep South was a thing that never happened.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rovert posted:

Worth noting is that next week is the next NXT TV taping. The taping will take us up until the next NXT Live special.

If Meltzer is believed that taping will be the one that Kevin Steen debuts on. Beyond that of most interest to me is whether he debuts as a heel as the male NXT roster is a little babyface heavy although if Neville turns heel the balance could be addressed just on that change.

I think neville gets called up rumble season so him going heel won't matter.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I like that the wrestling community pretends that Deep South was a thing that never happened.

It accomplished gently caress all except souring Kenny Omega on wrestling in the States for anybody other than PWG, so I'm fine with that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

The team of Mike Knox and Derrick Neikrik will carry WWE through the 10's.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It accomplished gently caress all except souring Kenny Omega on wrestling in the States for anybody other than PWG, so I'm fine with that.

:thejoke:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

my favorite part of this intro is carlito not even trying to make an expression of any sort when he pops up

just looking at the camera with his dead eyes

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

HulkaMatt posted:

But we have just begun... :(

Dias posted:

Aww, we're being unfair with Johnny Ace and FCW here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-q0cAkboc

(We're really not, I just wanted an excuse to post that match)

FCW also brought the fantastic Ambrose/Rollins series for the FCW 15 medal.

And this proto-Shield triple threat with Reigns still as Leakee. FCW was pretty cool.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Rollins' little dance during his entrance is so loving stupid.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TL posted:

Rollins' little dance during his entrance is so loving stupid.

It was even funnier when he was doing it in NXT with the bigger stage.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
What happened to Real Live Cowboy Wesley Blake? Why does he look like an American Wolf now? :(

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I just now learned that Charlotte's married to the Latimer guy, aka former Ascension punch-a-cop / current TNA midcarder and Willow hunter. I mean obviously they wouldn't give a Flair poo poo for their choice in SOs but it does kind of make the shade thrown at Havok a little more scummy

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
1) What's the deal with Titus O'Neal?

2) Enzo and Big Cass are going to be legends when they get called up. Have you seen the "SAWFT" signs at Raw?

3) Is it wrong to want Bailey to win the belt?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Ben Smash posted:

I can't even figure out what this means.

Yes, wanting to see the best babyface in this entire stinking company succeed is wrong and makes you a bad wrestling fan. What?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I only want Bailey to win the belt if she rides a zipline from the rafters of Full Sail (so like a 20 ft ride) and then does the full on crying and kneeling with the belt routine while Renee Young goes on about the girlhood dream.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ben Smash posted:

1) What's the deal with Titus O'Neal?

2) Enzo and Big Cass are going to be legends when they get called up. Have you seen the "SAWFT" signs at Raw?

1) Titus is down in NXT for a spell, which I approve of because I enjoy watching him. He's doing the thing of lording it over all the NXT guys and the NXT guys come out to defend their show.

2) Truth.

3) No, Bayley rules.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I only want Bailey to win the belt if she rides a zipline from the rafters of Full Sail (so like a 20 ft ride) and then does the full on crying and kneeling with the belt routine while Renee Young goes on about the girlhood dream.

Bayley doing homages to old wrestling moments like taking the Rocky Mavia tassles is great so yes, this.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It would be cool if people could spell Bayley's name right.

And Titus owns as long as he's not actually in the ring, though he's fun to watch wrestling smaller guys he can just toss around like they're nothing because that's the one part of ringwork he's really good at.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

But we have just begun... :(

FCW also brought the fantastic Ambrose/Rollins series for the FCW 15 medal.

And this proto-Shield triple threat with Reigns still as Leakee. FCW was pretty cool.

FCW was awesome. Streaming it in my lunchbreaks used to be one of the highlights of my week.
Was Regal/Cesaro FCW or NXT?
I also really miss the old FCW website with the hilarious green background photoshoots of guys straight out of the genetic splicing machine. :(

When did Bayley do the tassles?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Also, I'd like to note that the picture of the tag titles in the OP need to be updated since the NXT tag belts have their black and gold parts opposite of each other which is a really cool detail in my opinion.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Acaila posted:

When did Bayley do the tassles?
Last couple of matches with Charlotte.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25yr5c_charlotte-c-vs-bayley-nxt-takeover-2_sport

And I just noticed the 'HUGLIFE' sign :allears:

Seriously Bayley is the best proper babyface character in years. If she gets to keep all the fluff when she moves up (ha!), I can see her being a bigger hit with the kids than Cena or Rey.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I know people don't like spoilers but talking about this isn't one as neither on TV or at the last set of tapings did they seem to establish what is the next NXT Women's match. Charlotte vs Sasha is the primary feud but the match could also be a four way with Bayley and Becky added.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bayley needs a new finisher, though. Either that or tweak her current so it looks better.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They should give her the Muta Lock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

Bayley needs a new finisher, though. Either that or tweak her current so it looks better.

Yep Sasha is the only person I've seen take it correctly.

• Locked thread