Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the biggest flop of 2015???
This poll is closed.
Adrian Neville 66 13.66%
Finn Balor 14 2.90%
Hideo Itami 176 36.44%
Kalisto 133 27.54%
Sami Zayn 36 7.45%
The Former Kevin Steen 58 12.01%
Total: 483 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

Team Thick is a stupid name, but I do like the matching gear and they felt like an old school tag team to me. Both could have some mileage and the NXT tag division is pretty drat cool right now, especially when compared to WWE's basically nonexistent one.

But man, I think it was Murphy, but he got a faceful of high velocity taint from that sunset flip bomb.

Naw that was the other dude. Murphy was on the outside after getting the plancha. I know because I was hoping they'd get the camera back on him long enough to see if the text on his tights was the Misfits font.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sami Zayn is over like rover and should be a babyface forever and ever. :)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

What happened to the theme music in NXT? They had some of the absolute best and now it's just been garbage since the first Takeover. Even when they get an accidental hit like with the Vaudevillians, they quickly replace it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Call Me Charlie posted:

What happened to the theme music in NXT? They had some of the absolute best and now it's just been garbage since the first Takeover. Even when they get an accidental hit like with the Vaudevillians, they quickly replace it.

The best theme in NXT OR WWE could come at any time. You never know.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The best theme in NXT OR WWE could come at any time. You never know.

I've always been partial to a theme that sounds kind of like JRPG Boss music, I hope we get another theme like that soon.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I'm trying to think of a worse name than "Team Thick."

I'll need a minute.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Uhhh the Vaudevillains' new theme is way better than their old one. It actually sounds like legitimate silent film villain music now, instead of the rinky dink thing it was before.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Carmella is RIPPED. Those abs are something else.

I thought this would make an excellent Vaudevillains entrance song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIgjAY55k1g

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Favorite part of the latest show was:

Sami: Borrow Tyler Breeze's phone and call your wife :smug:
Tyson: That's stupid... why would Tyler Breeze have my wife's number in his phone?
Audience: :haw:

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
ASK HIM IN FRENCH!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

skaboomizzy posted:

Carmella is RIPPED. Those abs are something else.

I thought this would make an excellent Vaudevillains entrance song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIgjAY55k1g
If they want to go more sinister I got the song for them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I like Kidd mocking Zayn by wearing his t-shirt.

I hope the Dec. 11 special is called NXT: Redemption and is just a straight-up Zayn v. Neville title match.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Dimebags Brain posted:

I like Kidd mocking Zayn by wearing his t-shirt.

I hope the Dec. 11 special is called NXT: Redemption and is just a straight-up Zayn v. Neville title match.

NXT Redemption already happened. It was...not good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DoctorDelaware posted:

I'm trying to think of a worse name than "Team Thick."

I'll need a minute.

its more suited for a stripper's union than a male tag team.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Jerusalem posted:

Favorite part of the latest show was:

Sami: Borrow Tyler Breeze's phone and call your wife :smug:
Tyson: That's stupid... why would Tyler Breeze have my wife's number in his phone?
Audience: :haw:

Getting put on NXT was the best thing that ever happened to Tyson. He's come a long, long way in the character department.

Edit: I love Sin Cara busting out the avalanche casadora again.

Suben fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 17, 2014

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Suben posted:

Getting put on NXT was the best thing that ever happened to Tyson. He's come a long, long way in the character department.

He's gone from promos being not bad for Tyson Kidd to legitimately good. Shame that they already seemed to blow the chance to bring this character to the main roster.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

NXT Redemption already happened. It was...not good.

It'll be called NXT Takeover: Redemption, probably.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Jay 2K Winger posted:

It'll be called NXT Takeover: Redemption, probably.

Or NXT Takeover: Re-Demps-ion and it will be Bull Dempsey finally winning the title he so clearly deserves.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Or NXT Takeover: Re-Demps-ion and it will be Bull Dempsey finally winning the title he so clearly deserves.

I hope Tyler Breeze finally gets his chance to shine at NXT: Makeover.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

IcePhoenix posted:

I've always been partial to a theme that sounds kind of like JRPG Boss music, I hope we get another theme like that soon.

I miss that Ascension theme.

After Kenneth Cameron got fired and Conor O'Brian had his singles run, there was this brief sweet spot where Conor still had the glowy eyes and ridiculous cape/jacket, Rick Victor just joined him and had black contacts and steampunk goggles, and they were still using that theme and entering to the blue strobes. That was exactly the Ascension I wanted and I wish they'd stopped screwing with the formula at that point. I like their new theme, but they were JRPG bosses, goddammit!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Carmella's mannerisms really remind me of Sasha Banks.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

sticklefifer posted:

After Kenneth Cameron got fired and Conor O'Brian had his singles run, there was this brief sweet spot where Conor still had the glowy eyes and ridiculous cape/jacket, Rick Victor just joined him and had black contacts and steampunk goggles, and they were still using that theme and entering to the blue strobes. That was exactly the Ascension I wanted and I wish they'd stopped screwing with the formula at that point. I like their new theme, but they were JRPG bosses, goddammit!

On the other hand I thought the Ascension was real dumb until they dropped most of that. The illusion ended real quick when they start talking, downplaying the gimmick hides it better. hire sinister minister

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

beggar posted:

On the other hand I thought the Ascension was real dumb until they dropped most of that. The illusion ended real quick when they start talking, downplaying the gimmick hides it better. hire sinister minister

Hire the Jackyl, make the Ascension the New Jackylites.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

beggar posted:

Different strokes. I loved the outright camp of it. Full-bore on that gimmick on the main roster, I wanted them to fly Viktor's evil airship to the ring at Wrestlemania.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

sticklefifer posted:

This thread made me want to listen to some JRPG music. And when I clicked on the link in this post, I didn't realize that I had another tab open that was about to autoplay this song. The result was a mashup of the two that left me thinking "Wow, I don't remember this Ascension Theme AT ALL, but it couldn't be more JRPG boss music if it tried."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

keevo posted:

Carmella's mannerisms really remind me of Sasha Banks.

The earliest and most enduring description of her for me is a New Jersey version of Maryse.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Blue pants girl looked like she had just got out of a vault.

I imagine Sasha Banks will end up teaming with the Carmella chick as they are basically identical

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Team Thick is a stupid name, but I do like the matching gear and they felt like an old school tag team to me. Both could have some mileage and the NXT tag division is pretty drat cool right now, especially when compared to WWE's basically nonexistent one.

But man, I think it was Murphy, but he got a faceful of high velocity taint from that sunset flip bomb.

Wasn't it Alex Riley who called them Team Thick? He's a known liar.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
"Let's go blue pants!" clap-clap-clapclapclap is at this point the most absurd NXT chant.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rovert posted:

The earliest and most enduring description of her for me is a New Jersey version of Maryse.

She's pretty much exactly Serena Deeb's FCW gimmick, Mia Mancini.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

She's pretty much exactly Serena Deeb's FCW gimmick, Mia Mancini.

I don't really she that one Carmella has the whole air flip and the never touch me vibe that Maryse had.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Blue Pants was Leva Bates and Cass was singing the theme from The Price Is Right while she was walking down the ramp and I don't even know which of these developments I liked more.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Angular Landbury posted:

"Let's go blue pants!" clap-clap-clapclapclap is at this point the most absurd NXT chant.

Nah, "TYSON CHICKEN" is still sillier in my opinion.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Angular Landbury posted:

We've previously heard "let's go that guy," so it wasn't really surprising.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I was hoping the announce team would just call her Kitty after Renee's awesome nerdy reference.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Haven't had a chance to see the whole show but that promo segment between Zayn and Kidd was hot. I'm unused to people yelling and cheering during WWE in ring promos.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Was that JR on commentary? Man, JR doing full-time nXt commentary would be awesome. I'd even take Riley as his permanent color guy if they did that.

Also, re: Carmella's music - Weird Al parodied it better.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

IcePhoenix posted:

Was that JR on commentary? Man, JR doing full-time nXt commentary would be awesome. I'd even take Riley as his permanent color guy if they did that.

Also, re: Carmella's music - Weird Al parodied it better.
JR was kind of bad and phoning it in on NXT if I remember, he wasn't there long and usually only for the important matches

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

We've previously heard "let's go that guy," so it wasn't really surprising.

IIRC there was a squash match where they chanted "Let's go purple" because the job guy had purple trunks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
There was also a straight up "Let's go jobbers" chant in an ascension match I think

• Locked thread