Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the biggest flop of 2015???
This poll is closed.
Adrian Neville 66 13.66%
Finn Balor 14 2.90%
Hideo Itami 176 36.44%
Kalisto 133 27.54%
Sami Zayn 36 7.45%
The Former Kevin Steen 58 12.01%
Total: 483 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

we'll have CJ Parker cutting promos about how the sun is actually really cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Corzaa posted:

Does Dean Malenko train guys or just do road agent things? Because If not he totally should.

I would imagine there's some coaching involved in a hands-off capacity, but he's mostly doing agent stuff.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Uhaa Nation is widely reported as being there trying out but is Buff Busick at the WWE tryout too? Anyone know.

It would make sense given the sudden dropping of the CZW belt

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Instead of the crow, make her Lisbeth Salander

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

I thought she quit, came back and got released?

I don't think she was ever officially gone. They were just trying to be discrete about her leaving for eating disorder treatment.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

no idea why but "RICHARD SWANN" made me laugh out loud

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

You can take one look at Bayley's face and know exactly why she would be mid to bottom on WWEs diva totem pole.

That's a lovely thing to have to say but anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HOLY poo poo WHO loving CARES

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That's the problem. You don't want to talk about NXT. You want to advance this idea if you as some sort of business insider who lords over knowledge like a dime store dictator. You picked a very focused and small subject that you may or may not have a source on, then spouedt cryptic posts and laughable conjecture with the hope that people would see you as more than a dude on a message board.

Here's a challenge: go one week talking about NXT by only discussing the product that emanates from your glowing monitor in the basement of your mom's house. If you've succeeded in doing that, you can still poo poo the gently caress up because nobody cares.

This is all well and fine and I don't disagree, but there's a difference between responding to those instances and baiting him into the poo poo that's happened on here over the last few hours. It takes two to tango and all that, but there's nothing insidery about knowing why Steen's son is named Owen and the whole drat argument was set off by a post made specifically to set him off.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Simply put:

- If you know it, say it. Nobody is reading Something Awful in Stamford looking for company leaks.
- If you can't say it, just don't say anything
- If something happens that you knew but couldn't say, nobody cares when you knew it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The answer isn't more talent on the show. It's less short, lovely matches.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Graves should milk the backstage job and save the second concussion test until after the glut of NXT guys gets called up. He'd be jobber poo poo right now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Solomon Crowe made his NXT return at the Lakeland show tonight cutting a promo

Was Silent Bob there, too?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I agree with Rovert. She's good and everything she's doing is still good but it's not really any better than it was in July or August.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

It's like Alex Riley watched Skip Bayless on ESPN once and was like "yes, we need more of that in our wrestling commentary."

He sounds all legit sporty because his dad has been a legit sportscaster for like ever.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Three diving headbutts on an NXT house show lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Solomon Crowe chopped his hair off:

For the best IMO

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

The problem is they have too many "cool heels" and tweeners instead of guys the crowd actually wants to boo.

This is also a problem on the main roster but it's more pronounced on NXT with the smaller roster and more colorful gimmicks.

I think the problem in general is they've whittled the casual base down to nearly nothing with their awful booking so you just have a ton of hardcores left who cheer good workers over intended alignments.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

spongeh posted:

I too look back fondly on the days nxt and fcw was mainstream, way back in the year of ????

I meant wwe in general. NXT has a nearly 100% smark crowd and it's hard to do anything but let them dictate at this point

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea that's not normal but I'm okay with it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

pressedbunny posted:

The idea of "stealing" a person from somebody else is really archaic and gross. Somehow not surprised that mentality would still exist in American football. God forbid a woman have autonomy.

Is this a serious post

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That doesn't look like it has the little NXT tag at the bottom.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

All of the NXT specials are great and you should watch all of them.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think there are preview eps for each NXT special on the network as well if people want a crash course before they watch.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The amount of time is not ideal at all, but it could work if anyone gave enough of a poo poo to try to make it work. They don't, so it doesn't.

The "not enough main event talent" argument is the result of a self-fulfilling prophecy so I don't really consider it valid.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

It's kind of funny how in the mainshow this would piss people off because they love doing this type of countout finish all the time, but in NXT it doesn't happen so much and it builds towards the feud of Kevin running roughshot over everyone.

I did cringe at Albert's "GOTTA PAY YOUR DUES" line at the beginning of the match

The major difference is the main roster teases blowoffs only to deliver a gently caress finish whereas in NXT, the gently caress finishes build to the blowoff, as it should be.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would say Uhaa and Cole have the best chances and they probably won't dip into the indies for anyone else until the NXT logjam clears.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'd like to see HHH get full control of Smackdown and call NXT guys up to that show for a few months before they hit Raw so HHH can better integrate them into the main roster.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They need to stop dressing Itami like the judoka from WMAC Masters.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Suben posted:

So since Adam Pearce retired, how long before he's brought in? He's done a few stints as a guest trainer already and worked as a producer at R Evolution so it seems like it's basically just a matter of when, not if.

I'm pretty sure he retired because he's being brought in.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kharma didn't even flop. I mean, it didn't turn out well in the end, but it wasn't going bad before she got pregnant.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This poo poo is loving tiring. If you wanna talk about an episode before it airs, do it in the spoilers thread. That's literally the reason it exists.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Definitely trying to get front row seats for that Columbus show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

NXT tryouts are this week. The first indie name to come out is Crazy Mary Dobson. He's done a lot of TV work for WWE from being a Rosebud to being Miz's make up artist. Always stood out and got favourable reactions online asking who she is.

I'm pretty sure Mandy Leon and Tessa Blanchard are in as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if Scarlett Bordeaux was going, either.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Columbus NXT tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. and it looks like balcony General Admission is the best available seating right now so if any goons want to go, you better order quick.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Recognise any of the male tryoutees?

Should I?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is it bad that I'm a 28 year old male and my ringtone is Sasha Banks' theme?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Candice is basically a blonde Becky Lynch

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Retromancer posted:

No, Steen changed it. He said something about it being inappropriate on Austin's podcast.

It was after Sandy Hook IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I feel like we're gearing up for a disaster here. Sounds like Vince has full on lost it and it's only a matter of time before something major occurs.

• Locked thread