Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
http://www.fxfl.com/

quote:

The FXFL is a professional football league, which serves as a developmental platform for players, coaches and referees. Our business model places an emphasis on local marketing, cost containment and the utilization of smaller venues to better engage the fan base.

In 2014, the FXFL’s initial membership will be comprised of four teams playing a six week regular season schedule. Regular season games will be televised and played on weeknights to avoid scheduling conflicts with the NFL and collegiate football.

What makes it different?

quote:

As its name implies, the league plans on adopting several experimental rule changes differing from those at other levels of the game.

Extra points will be attempted from the 17-yard line, as opposed to the 2- and 3-yard lines at other levels of the game. (The NFL experimented with a similar rule in its 2014 preseason with a 20-yard extra point.)
Kickoffs will be administered from the kicking team's 25-yard line, as opposed to the 35-yard line used in college and the NFL. In addition, eight players on the receiving team must line up between the kicking team's 35-yard and 45-yard line. Once a kickoff passes the 45 yard line, fielding rules become similar to punts in that the kicking team will not be allowed to recover and regain possession.
Field goals must be attempted from outside the hash marks.
Games will be played on Wednesday nights to avoid competition with high school football (Friday), college football (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday) and the NFL (Thursday, Sunday and Monday).

Initial plans for the league had all kicking removed, but this proposal was scrapped prior to the start of the season.

Football like it was meant to be played, in a field turf minor league baseball park!

Check out those enthuiastic crowds!

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Brooklyn/Boston game on is mildly entertaining. I'm a fan of low rent football.

Though instead of having a team in Omaha and Miami why not put one in Hartford and Scranton or something similar? Cut down on travel costs at the least.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I actually liked the interviews after every touchdown and the longer extra point. Also I liked the halftime (before the feed cut out) of the Boston coach explaining to the players the difference between NFL and college QB play with some lovely rear end 1980s projector

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Big Omaha Mammoths fan here. I was just perusing all of the rosters on Wikipedia and noticed they have a guy from FSU and two Michigan players! They also have 4-time Heisman hopeful Jordan Jefferson at QB which is just icing on the cake. The Blacktips only have one QB on their roster.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Mammoths drool, Bolts rule. lol, Mike Golic, Jr. is an OL on the Bolts. Uncle went to multiple ProBowls, dad had an 8 year NFL career. Son is playing in the XFXL.

Only two former Rutgers players and one former Hofstra player. Shameful.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 16, 2014

kanoodle moodle
Sep 12, 2011
Boston sucks chant, lmao

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

"A lot of fans out tonight!" Camera pans over acres of empty seats.

Designed QB run!

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Ideally Donald Trump drives this into the ground and ESPN makes a documentary about it in 2050

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if brock jensen isn't playing the game is garbage

kanoodle moodle
Sep 12, 2011
these goal line attempts are hilarious.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Watching this is depressing. It's got fewer attendees than a TNA house show

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

They're playing in a downpour in front of like 10 people. This owns.

If your not enjoying this you hate football.

kanoodle moodle
Sep 12, 2011
watching football players get pumped up while the crowd is absolutely quiet is bizarre

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Weather playing havoc with the SNY broadcast equipment.

Oh no were in alternate programming!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Why do these dumb fuckers keep scheduling their d-list football at the same time as the NFL

Just create a summer league already for fucks sake

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Why do these dumb fuckers keep scheduling their d-list football at the same time as the NFL

Because it's Wednesday and nobody gives a gently caress!

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Wonder when we're going to start seeing some lines on these games. That ought to generate some more interest...

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

quote:

The Florida Blacktips changed their name to simply 'Blacktips' after announcing on September 22, 2014 that the team would only play a three-game road schedule.

These guys are not even attached to a geographical market, they are like Ronin ...or mercenaries, traveling assets

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

pasaluki posted:

Because it's Wednesday and nobody gives a gently caress!

I will cut you with pure MACtion.

This is doomed to fail like every other non NFL pro league but any football is good football.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The point of this league is to give these players some current tape and to be in football condition just in case they do get called up to a pro team. So if a team has to sign someone due to injury during the season they at least can see if <insert name> can still play and have them already ready to play.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Will this league have a chance of producing a Tommy Maddox rags to slightly silkier rags story?

Also are onside kicks verboten in this league? The kickoff setup in the OP made it seem so, which is completely unbecoming of football hijinx.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Thoguh posted:

This is doomed to fail like every other non NFL pro league but any football is good football.

I could get behind an Experimental Football League that changed the rules all the time to see if things worked.

Like my madman's dream of field goals and safeties changing in value based on how many yards were involved or that "instead of kicking an onside kick, you can opt for 4th and 10 from your own 35" thing.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Once a game a coach can challenge the opposing offense to go for a fourth down. If they still punt the coach's team gets two points. Coaches make this call by grabbing their crotch like Lynch.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I was all about the Blacktips till I read that they were in Florida. I'm a Boston Brawlers Bro. Beat the Blacktips bloody.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just miss the Redwoods.

Smoke 'em trees. :smith:

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Chichevache posted:

I was all about the Blacktips till I read that they were in Florida. I'm a Boston Brawlers Bro. Beat the Blacktips bloody.

They're not in Florida anymore though, they're a travel team.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Darksaber posted:

They're not in Florida anymore though, they're a travel team.

Hmmm... The Traveling Blacktips...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Shoulda been the whitetips. They're a much more free range shark. It's likely the most frequent man eater, too. Blacktips are largely boring, generic reef sharks.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

These guys are not even attached to a geographical market, they are like Ronin ...or mercenaries, traveling assets

No. They Are MINE

Krailor
Nov 2, 2001
I'm only pretending to care
Taco Defender
I just looked at the standings page on their website and it shows the Blacktips 0-1, Omaha 1-0, and Boston 0-2. Is Boston so bad they lost to themselves twice?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Krailor posted:

I just looked at the standings page on their website and it shows the Blacktips 0-1, Omaha 1-0, and Boston 0-2. Is Boston so bad they lost to themselves twice?

You forgot about Brooklyn.

Krailor
Nov 2, 2001
I'm only pretending to care
Taco Defender

Thoguh posted:

You forgot about Brooklyn.

Ha! They must have just fixed it. When I last looked it listed Brooklyn as 0-0.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Krailor posted:

Ha! They must have just fixed it. When I last looked it listed Brooklyn as 0-0.

And it still is broken, the "W1" for Brooklyn's streak is under the home record for Omaha. And the home/away loss records for everyone but the Blacktips are either blank or wrong. And despite being 1-0 Brooklyn has a .000 win percentage.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 16, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That brawlers logo is loving amazing

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The Omaha logo has some definite Goatse undertones.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Blacktips logo is cool as hell

Go Blacktips

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ding ding ding. This is the solution.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
summer 7-on-7 padless football would be rad as hell

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I'd totally watch Summer 7's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If I wanted to watch padless football I would go to the ballet *spits*

• Locked thread