Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
ill drink whatever gets me drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i smokemarijuana, please make fun of my taste in marijuana

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Jack and Coke, OP

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I guess it says a lot that the only kind of alcohol I drink is the sort that's so sweet and over-flavoured that you can't even taste it's alcoholic.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cardiovorax posted:

I guess it says a lot that the only kind of alcohol I drink is the sort that's so sweet and over-flavoured that you can't even taste it's alcoholic.

I believe you to be insane, by the way.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Spanish Manlove posted:

I believe you to be insane, by the way.
It's cool, you're still my favourite. Well, now that Abe's gone, anyway.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Iggy Koopa posted:

also i like shocktop and cuba libres, so there.

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like Cazzadores. I had a tequila that was supposedly aged in cognac barrels that the bartender at the local taco place recommended a couple of nights ago. The bottle had a blue base on it. It was expensive and didn't really taste like tequila but I liked it. I like Buffalo Trace too.

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."

Clitch posted:

I drink all kinds of booze.

I sell all kinds of booze.

I sell it to worthless assholes like you.

Tell me what you like to drink, and I'll tell you why you're a loser for liking it.

Ask me questions about booze, and I'll give you a condescending answer.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
oh ya I also like Drambuie sometimes

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Bertram posted:

Guinness, Meisells Weisse, Islay (Laphroaig quarter cask preferably, but usually Talisker or Jura 'cos your average barstaff can't work out what "lafroy" is without you guiding them to the bottle)

So you sound European(Meisel's Weisse is kinda rare in the states), but then you go to bars that don't know what the gently caress Laphroaig is. Now I'm just confused. It's not even an obscure Scotch anymore. In fact, it's become a pretty big bro whisky. Has the BBC lied to me? Is Europe not filled with barkeeps who do it as a passionate, lifetime vocation? Can I feel a little less ashamed of American drinking culture?!

Haha. No. That last one will always be a 'No'.

juan fitzcarraldo posted:

i drink arak neat

You're either native to the middle east, or you're a loving weirdo.

Did your old man quit drinking because it became a problem, or is he one of those practical midwestern sorts who decided he'd had enough foolishness, and it was time to raise a family, put in his 30 at the factory, and retire to a life of quiet anonymity?

oval office raja posted:

oh ya I also like Drambuie sometimes

I'll be honest. That's a pretty random thing to just enjoy on the odd occasion when you're not swilling blush out of a 1.5l. I'm just saying.

Iggy Koopa posted:

i dont drink alcohol, op

Then gently caress off.

Vengeful Turtle posted:

i drink a lot of cheap bourbon because i am a loser, op

FTFY

1gnoirents posted:

I was going to post my liquor choices but this response would pretty much cover it so I wont

Thanks for sorting yourself out.

Not a Children posted:

I drink Hendricks and Four Roses

Edit: Flying Dog is my favorite brewery

Tell the truth. Did you start drinking Four Roses after the Shadow Warrior remake came out? Also, holy poo poo what is up with you assholes and Flying Dog?

circ dick soleil posted:

ill drink whatever gets me drunk.

Then go drink some methanol.

Iggy Koopa posted:

Do you actually practice any sort of discretion when buying weed? Are you in a legal/medicinal state?

Applewhite posted:

Jack and Coke, OP

Why would do you such a horrible thing to an innocent glass of Coca Cola?

Cardiovorax posted:

Not really. It says you're dull, but that's about it.

Kumbamontu posted:

also i like shocktop and cuba libres, so there.

Shocktop is objectively awful. Quit keeping them in business. Also a Cuba Libre is just a pretentious Rum & Coke. "Oh, but there's lime!" gently caress you. Who doesn't put lime in a Rum & Coke?

twit666 posted:

I like Cazzadores. I had a tequila that was supposedly aged in cognac barrels that the bartender at the local taco place recommended a couple of nights ago. The bottle had a blue base on it. It was expensive and didn't really taste like tequila but I liked it. I like Buffalo Trace too.

You're alright. You're the guy I won't pick on tonight. Sorry if you're disappointed.

Kostritzer is good. You like a good German beer. It's actually kinda hard to make fun of. gently caress.

Tonight I'm enjoying Clown Shoes' Pecan Pie Porter. Verdict: Good stuff. Later I will be drinking Elijah Craig 12. Awesome stuff.

gently caress this long, boring post.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Clitch posted:

Tonight I'm enjoying Clown Shoes' Pecan Pie Porter. Verdict: Good stuff.
this sounds like an idiot drink

Clitch posted:

Later I will be drinking Elijah Craig 12. Awesome stuff.
this is a legit drink though

As for myself, I drank some wild turkey, and then I had a little bit of Booker's bourbon tonight op.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Harald posted:

this sounds like an idiot drink

Clown Shoes has a ridiculous name, and they name their beer ridiculous things.

They also have ridiculous label art.

They also have ridiculously awesome label art.

They also make some damned delicious beer. Their Brown Angel is still my favorite beer I've had this year.

quote:

As for myself, I drank some wild turkey, and then I had a little bit of Booker's bourbon tonight op.

Why did you start with the Wild Turkey?

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
recommend me good whiskey because I usually buy generic poo poo like jack or makers mark (no i dont make a fuckin' fuss about it i just think it tastes decent)

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Clitch posted:

Why did you start with the Wild Turkey?
The bottle was almost gone.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

recommend me good whiskey because I usually buy generic poo poo like jack or makers mark (no i dont make a fuckin' fuss about it i just think it tastes decent)

See that thing I mentioned up there? Elijah Craig 12? It sells quite a bit cheaper than it should. Hell, I've got it on sale for cheaper than Bulleit, right now. It is just so well put together, it's a joy to drink. Compare it to Maker's, and notice how Elijah is a cohesive whole that lets you tease out individual notes. It's interesting, and engaging. Then notice how Maker's Mark spills across your tongue like the asthmatic kid in gym dropping a netted bag full of dodgeballs.

Explorator_Vimes
Nov 21, 2012
I drink Parrot Bay Passion Fruit Rum & Coke with no lime and Midori Sour, so whatever's in Midori Sour. I've tried a few scotches that all tasted the same, they just kinda burned including one that I think was 25 years aged.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Explorator_Vimes posted:

I drink Parrot Bay Passion Fruit Rum & Coke with no lime and Midori Sour, so whatever's in Midori Sour. I've tried a few scotches that all tasted the same, they just kinda burned including one that I think was 25 years aged.

Have you picked a major yet?

Explorator_Vimes
Nov 21, 2012

Clitch posted:

Have you picked a major yet?

Accounting Major and I'm almost 30

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

op is a clerk at a liquor store lol

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Explorator_Vimes posted:

Accounting Major and I'm almost 30

And you're still in college? Geez.

Vyacheslav
Aug 4, 2003
I'm a cider guy, with a soft spot for MacKenzie's. How about them apples?

i brought sauce
May 5, 2006

Look it's Cthulhu! Yay Cthulhu! Everybody do the Cthulhu fingers!
Currently W. L. Weller, which I'm enjoying thoroughly. In terms of favorites, I'm partial to Wild Turkey Rare Breed. I also really dug Hirsh Selection 20 year old.

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
Jameson and coke or absolut and orange juice.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

oh i guess he didn't graduate college soon enough for the liquor store clerk who i am sure has a phd in particle physics lmbo

punkassbitch
Nov 30, 2012
you've already poo poo on Laphroaig, how about Bombay and soda?

SardaTheSage
Sep 1, 2003

Use this ROD behind the Vampire's room. Hiding deep inside you will find the cause of the earth's rot.
how do i stop drinking?

I still want it in my body. I've heard of tampons soaked with vodka or possibly vaporizing it.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Clitch posted:

See that thing I mentioned up there? Elijah Craig 12? It sells quite a bit cheaper than it should. Hell, I've got it on sale for cheaper than Bulleit, right now. It is just so well put together, it's a joy to drink. Compare it to Maker's, and notice how Elijah is a cohesive whole that lets you tease out individual notes. It's interesting, and engaging. Then notice how Maker's Mark spills across your tongue like the asthmatic kid in gym dropping a netted bag full of dodgeballs.

I tried what you recommended and it's acceptable but I don't really give a gently caress enough to care about the difference

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
I pound Coche-Dury and DRC like they're going out of style. I am objectively better at drinking than you but you don't see me being a jerkbag about it.

Edit: Oh, and tons of mezcal. Chichicapa.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Vyacheslav posted:

I'm a cider guy, with a soft spot for MacKenzie's. How about them apples?

Don't get MacKenzie's in my state. Can't speak on it specifically. There's plenty of legit cider, but you'll never get any respect as long as most peoples' frame of reference is sorority girls dropping shots of Fireball into glasses of Angry Orchard.

i brought sauce posted:

Currently W. L. Weller, which I'm enjoying thoroughly. In terms of favorites, I'm partial to Wild Turkey Rare Breed. I also really dug Hirsh Selection 20 year old.

Weller is still my favorite dive bar shot. I like the big citrus it has up front, but it's pretty acidic. Not for people prone to indigestion.

I prefer Russel's Reserve over the Rare Breed, but I like older 90 proof Bourbons.

Hirsch is also damned legit.

DenizenKane posted:

Jameson and coke or absolut and orange juice.

snore

punkassbitch posted:

you've already poo poo on Laphroaig, how about Bombay and soda?

I actually like Laphroaig. Bombay Sapphire is great gin.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

gin is universally terrible

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

lagavulin 16 sometimes caol ila or bunnahabhain

naem
May 29, 2011

Has anyone said macallen yet? Somehow it is the halfway good single malt at every bar ever

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

SardaTheSage posted:

how do i stop drinking?

I still want it in my body. I've heard of tampons soaked with vodka or possibly vaporizing it.

Try injection. Needles are easier to get ahold of than you think.

Crimson posted:

I pound Coche-Dury and DRC like they're going out of style. I am objectively better at drinking than you but you don't see me being a jerkbag about it.

Edit: Oh, and tons of mezcal. Chichicapa.

You're a well-to-do oval office. Noted.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
these are the things i order at bars: templeton or bulleit rye. negronis. gin and tonics. pbr tallboys.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Clitch posted:

You're a well-to-do oval office. Noted.

You made the thread, not me. You gotta be able to handle it.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

op is a pretentious cockboy and gets paid $8 an hour to smell his own farts behind a cash register

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

oh i'm teasing so many notes out of this brown liquid *masturbates furiously to a picture of his own face* -the op

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Kanish posted:

gin is universally terrible

Gin got the English through some bad times. Give it a little credit.

logical phalluses posted:

these are the things i order at bars: templeton or bulleit rye. negronis. gin and tonics. pbr tallboys.

Fine, fine, fine, fine, hipster scum.

Crimson posted:

You made the thread, not me. You gotta be able to handle it.

I manage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

atm glenmorangie 18 straight from the bottle mostly just to get rid of it

• Locked thread