Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainButtSmack
Oct 21, 2008
Is he really dead this time though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
caro can never die. he lives on.. a little bit inside of him in all of us.

for as long as sa still exists, caro cannot die.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Whoa

For a second I read Charo and I was really worried

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
mods killed caro

if they had just left him to post his amusing nonsense he would probably still be alive sitting around posting like every other goon. too busy to learn first aid from youtube videos and be spending too much money replacing avatars to buy a ticket to libya

his blood is on your hands mods

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Mange Mite posted:

mods killed caro

if they had just left him to post his amusing nonsense he would probably still be alive sitting around posting like every other goon. too busy to learn first aid from youtube videos and be spending too much money replacing avatars to buy a ticket to libya

his blood is on your hands mods

mods knew

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

caro getting tortured in that prison is p funny imo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

caaro is currently hunting and assassinating high level isis members under the name "Abu Aboud"

http://www.businessinsider.com/guerrilla-groups-hunting-isis-militants-2014-10

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

SaltLick posted:

caro getting tortured in that prison is p funny imo

no its sick and i actually threw up upon hearing that an actual goon was tortured to death in a syrian prison and buried somewhere in the desert

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

roboshit posted:

no its sick and i actually threw up upon hearing that an actual goon was tortured to death in a syrian prison and buried somewhere in the desert

j/k lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i was gonna say "yeah, rip" but actually that prison what caro died in sounded horrifying and its an allah round bummer

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
Does anyone else find the situation really really sad and not funny in the slightest? Cause that's how I feel about this.

Goons are laughing at a mentally ill person who was literally tortured to death.

Jesus christ. I understand he did it to himself, but it's still a shame he didn't get the help he needed. RIP Caro.

Some of you guys are really really mean.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
its not quite haha funny, but in some cosmic way, a crazy youtube-trained medic turned sniper somehow bumbling his way into surviving a civil war then trying to turn around and go for round 2 is sorta hilarious

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

well he won't be forgotten i guess

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

no its actually peak schadenfreude

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
it was pretty hosed up when some goon mentioned that without family in the region to bribe the guards to feed you that you would pretty much just starve to death if the torture didn't kill you first then another goon mentioned that starvation will actually break schizoid episodes so he probably died with perfect clarity knowing that his hosed up brain landed him in a syrian torture prison

goons say some hosed up poo poo imho

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Has any journalist actually told the complete Caro story? If not they should because its loving amazing.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
all of caros threads were great and i dont know why goons got so mad about them

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Muttonchips posted:

Does anyone else find the situation really really sad and not funny in the slightest? Cause that's how I feel about this.

Goons are laughing at a mentally ill person who was literally tortured to death.

Jesus christ. I understand he did it to himself, but it's still a shame he didn't get the help he needed. RIP Caro.

Some of you guys are really really mean.

Jun 5, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Muttonchips posted:

Does anyone else find the situation really really sad and not funny in the slightest?

that's the perfect time to find something funny. of course it was hosed up but sometimes you just gotta make light of the situation

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

bring back caro

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

roboshit posted:

Jun 5, 2014

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2299

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

yes i know about caro im saying ur a pussy

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
is there any good proof that he's actually dead? where's the death certificate lowtax

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Well if you work for the state department you can comb through 27000 photos trying to find him:
http://news.yahoo.com/bashar-al-assad-s-syrian-torture-chambers-205323124.html

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Has any journalist actually told the complete Caro story? If not they should because its loving amazing.

Yeah it'd be surprising if some journalist who's also a goon (since there are bound to be a couple aside from Brown Moses, and it doesn't really seem in his wheelhouse) hasn't told the whole crazy story from the start someplace.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Just a few small timers like NPR or whatever.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If Caro is indeed dead, he lived a hell of a lot cooler life than that Into the Wild guy

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Frackie Robinson posted:

If Caro is indeed dead, he lived a hell of a lot cooler life than that Into the Wild guy

he definitely deserves a book more than some upper class privileged white kid throwing it all away for ~reasons~

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 688 days!)

i wish he had fought that forums cop

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 688 days!)

anybody got a link handy that;s a good thread

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

it would be a great surrealistic movie imo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

CARO directed by Werner Herzog and starring Nicolas Cage

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I'd forgotten about this guy, how was it known that he was in a Syrian prison?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

jet sanchEz posted:

I'd forgotten about this guy, how was it known that he was in a Syrian prison?

some other journalist saw him there begging for death

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

caro killed people in libya and probably syria so its probably a good thing he was stopped

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW
I thought he was just assumed dead after nobody heard anything for ages? What new information has come to light?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

roboshit posted:

he definitely deserves a book more than some upper class privileged white kid throwing it all away for ~reasons~
wasnt he asian

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

This whole thing made me sick to my stomach when I saw some news network (I think it was Fox?) trying to play up the "Assad is just trying to save his country from ISIS" angle and showing him making some dumb "a doctor has to brutally kill and torture thousands of civilians to make an omelette" analogy in an earlier interview

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

rezatahs posted:

it was pretty hosed up when some goon mentioned that without family in the region to bribe the guards to feed you that you would pretty much just starve to death if the torture didn't kill you first then another goon mentioned that starvation will actually break schizoid episodes so he probably died with perfect clarity knowing that his hosed up brain landed him in a syrian torture prison

goons say some hosed up poo poo imho

That was me. It's a legitimate possibility, and thoroughly horrifying to ponder. It would be like when you wake-up from an awful nightmare, and are so relieved it was all just a dream, except the exact reverse of that. At least he won't wind up in an ISIS execution video, although I think one of those guys was originally thought to have been in government custody too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Caros not dead he's frozen and as soon as we have a cure for being tortured and starved to death, we'll have our little combat medic back.

• Locked thread