Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

it used to be that fyad was where the cool goons posted, and gbs was for cargo culting dorks. with the new rules, are we finally as cool as the original?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

nope

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Trick question neither is cool

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
GBS is square. And that's the way in which it owns. Because it's hip to be square.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
why are people talking about fyad so much

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
because fyad is the coolest place in the world, filled with the coolest people in the world?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i derive social validation from posting on the internet

pls like & share

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Drink Cheerwine posted:

i derive social validation from posting on the internet

pls like & share

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
scrolling
hmmmm
scroll scroll
ehhh
scroll
wait a minute..
scrolling back up

is.. gbs.. cool as FYA.. GUYS GOT ANOTHER ONE! ANOTHER FYAD THREAD! GUYS! GUYS HEY!

THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT US IN GBS AGAIN GUYS LOOK! LET ME COPY/PASTE DIS THIS OMG HAHHA

there's like a 400 thread on GBS or something they're retards and I would absolutely beat them up and take their lunch money probably idk

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

there is pretty much 0 chance that they're not all the same anime watching video game playing dorklords we enjoy in gbs

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

Muttonchips posted:

scrolling
hmmmm
scroll scroll
ehhh
scroll
wait a minute..
scrolling back up

is.. gbs.. cool as FYA.. GUYS GOT ANOTHER ONE! ANOTHER FYAD THREAD! GUYS! GUYS HEY!

THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT US IN GBS AGAIN GUYS LOOK! LET ME COPY/PASTE DIS THIS OMG HAHHA

there's like a 400 thread on GBS or something they're retards and I would absolutely beat them up and take their lunch money probably idk

hmm i don't know who this post is making fun of or who's re-reg you are but getting probated for being mad in the vegetable growing thread in DIY is p impressive. i didn't even know that sub-forum existed.

please don't troll our fine eco-friendly posters here in GBS

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im at a job so i cant have dumb rear end stupid pictures all over my screen but i still want to post

DEAL WITH IT

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

Muttonchips posted:

scrolling
hmmmm
scroll scroll
ehhh
scroll
wait a minute..
scrolling back up

Same.

naem
May 29, 2011

teh studen has becaom teh masart

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
GBS is like a whole bunch of turds in a pile, FYAD is poo poo that has been strained through a sieve to take the lumps out and then they've added cologne and pink dye to it

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

what is fyad

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

If FYAD is New York GBS is Boston.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Muttonchips posted:

scrolling
hmmmm
scroll scroll
ehhh
scroll
wait a minute..
scrolling back up

note this guy is a holocaust denier

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
We wont' be cool until we start telling everyone with with a +2003 reg date to GET OUT.

Then when GBS goes completely silent except for 20 something posters all posting alone, we will be 'cool' like them.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

note this guy is a holocaust denier

holocaust? no thanks

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
so the dude is on his third wish. having already purged gbs of all undesirables, he asks the genie for a coke.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

LifeSizePotato posted:

it used to be that fyad was where the cool goons posted, and gbs was for cargo culting dorks. with the new rules, are we finally as cool as the original?

"cool goons"

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
'gbs bitch' doesnt have any ring to it at all and i would not even print it on a catch phrase tshirt- which is saying a lot because i am hoping to reach 1000 catch phrase tshirts in my collection (it has slowed down since big dog went under, miss them a lot)

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

LifeSizePotato posted:

yes

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Top City Homo posted:

"cool goons"

tallest midget, skinniest at fat camp, etc.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
If cool means having disgusting avatars and having prosaic posts like "lol" to major debates, then yes.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

extra stout posted:

'gbs bitch' doesnt have any ring to it at all and i would not even print it on a catch phrase tshirt- which is saying a lot because i am hoping to reach 1000 catch phrase tshirts in my collection (it has slowed down since big dog went under, miss them a lot)

really only works with yospos and an ironic typo tbh

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
ralp was right when he said fyad needs gbs, what's a sociopath without a victim?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Incredulous Dylan posted:

hmm i don't know who this post is making fun of or who's re-reg you are but getting probated for being mad in the vegetable growing thread in DIY is p impressive. i didn't even know that sub-forum existed.

please don't troll our fine eco-friendly posters here in GBS

mods what will it take for you to pierce the posting veil and tell us who posters are re-regs of

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

Wicker Man posted:

We wont' be cool until we start telling everyone with with a +2003 reg date to GET OUT.
Then when GBS goes completely silent except for 20 something posters all posting alone, we will be 'cool' like them.

Wicker Man posted:

If cool means having disgusting avatars and having prosaic posts like "lol" to major debates, then yes.

Sounding a little bitter there dude.

e: I'm also a little curious about who muttonchips is an alt of, but at the same time I am not sure I want to see the mystery ruined so soon.

Nostalgic Pushead fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 17, 2014

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
this can only be settled one of two ways. flag football, or beach volleyball

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
i really want a loving smoke!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
no and I hope GBS is never cool

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

gbs and fyad have been exactly as cool as the other for as long as I've been here

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

aegof posted:

gbs and fyad have been exactly as cool as the other for as long as I've been here

so you are retarded!

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

i really want a loving smoke!

i really need to quit. here, have mine.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
the time has come fyad, we're rising up against you by saying you aren't cool

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Stoic Commie posted:

the time has come fyad, we're rising up against you by saying you aren't cool

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VzZE82e__8

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

th1nk posted:

Sounding a little bitter there dude.

e: I'm also a little curious about who muttonchips is an alt of, but at the same time I am not sure I want to see the mystery ruined so soon.

its actually becuaes i want a new category on goonbets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Izumi Konata posted:

i really need to quit. here, have mine.

its been on my arm for a day!

• Locked thread