Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

advertising doesn't work on me, i know their tricks :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Blistex posted:

"Incompetent dad here to mess things up so my wife can roll here eyes and show me how it's really done with the desired product".

- every cleaning ad ever made in the last 20 years

Nah the beauty of these ads is that it shows how cunning and smart men are.

Never do something well that you don't want to do again, he's being incompetent on purpose to make her believe he's too dumb to do it, so that she'll do it from now on.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Ads where I can't tell whether it's just dubbed over or the actors are just that retarded.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Mameluke posted:

the old christian man in a developing country. why do you need my help when you're right there, just slap the flies off that skinnyfat baby yourself

they never tell you what country they're in

and isn't money better spent trying to reform the government that allows the kids to suffer, rather than just bring in food and other supplies that are only going to last so long

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
everyone starts dancing..... in an OFFICE?!?!?

(or any other place people don't normally dance)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
hey look at that dork over there that uses our competitor's product, look at this fuckin loser. now look at this totally cool guy that uses OUR product! looks like the model we hired for the commercial is going home with the cool guy tonight!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Drink Cheerwine posted:

i hate theon e where they think ill buy their poo poo

nigga if i wanted it id hit YOU up

Agreed. Theon was an rear end in a top hat and im glad his dick got cut off.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
ugly women in ads to look real, i mean if i have to watch a commercial why make me suffer.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont watch advertisements. i dont have tv and i use adblock

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

ads for makeup where the makeup is literally just photoshop

ads for removing blackheads on your nose where they show the removal of sebaceous filaments instead of actual blackheads

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Shots of generic, pretty, usually white, and presumably rich people enjoying a product so you should too if you want to be like them.

Houses that are styled/decorated/furnished in a way that is completely unfeasible for anyone who makes less than $100k/yr and doesn't have a personal Martha Stewart clone doing all the work, with bonus points if it's presented as a "common, everyday household."

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Up to your rear end in back taxes or student loans?

:siren: THIS IS SERIOUS GROWNUP poo poo MAN :siren:

*cartoon fox sings a jaunty tune*

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
show me the carfax

entitled duck
Jul 19, 2008

oh hello
menstruating women seriously have so much fun its crazy. i want some tampons/pads please

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
if they showed some lady in all white riding a horse with no leakage i'd be impressed

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i don't know if there are still glockenspiels in commercials since i entered my bunker 18 months ago

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Casual racism sure is getting played out in commercials. I mean, look at this crap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp20Qli57Q8

That would've been funny in '58, but this is the '60s, people. Get it together.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

erectile dysfunction ads with FILFs whose dick a woman might actually want to touch and whose condition is in no way related to obesity or crippling alcoholism

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
the term is dilf, kiddo

source: i spend my morning checkin out dilfs as they drop off their kids

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Leroy Dennui posted:

Casual racism sure is getting played out in commercials. I mean, look at this crap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp20Qli57Q8

That would've been funny in '58, but this is the '60s, people. Get it together.

Bling Baby Jello is my next username. Dibs.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

the term is dilf, kiddo

source: i spend my morning checkin out dilfs as they drop off their kids

dilf *works it around in my mouth uncertainly* diiiiilllf

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I honestly do not know. I've only seen football ads for the last few years.
they are all terrible.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

im everyman brett favere and i like jeans that are cut in the shape of a you, not a vee, cause i don't like people or things touching my junk cause i'm a man and not a human being unless it's your sister

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DisgracelandUSA posted:

im everyman brett favere and i like jeans that are cut in the shape of a you, not a vee, cause i don't like people or things touching my junk cause i'm a man and not a human being unless it's your sister

what the gently caress are you talking about, idiot?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about, idiot?

look at his liberal queer who doesn't see ads for real american wrangler jeans between his decadent hollyweird tv shows.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

show me the carfax

there's something wrong with that fox's voice. way too soft or something.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The ones where they talk about one thing then suddenly start talking about something completely irrelevant.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

look at this weaselly balding gently caress bringing lunch from home. no way will i, a gorgeous redhead with perky tits, respect him until he starts eating wendy's chicken sandwiches.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

"yayyy cloud" is a catchphrase at my house now

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
"You're a woman with disposable income and nobody else's problems matter in the slightest"

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

whoflungpoop posted:

dilf *works it around in my mouth uncertainly* diiiiilllf

whoa i didnt even think of that

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Hes selling microtouch old man trimmers now, they show it all the time on nfl network

But Favre is a dilf/qilf so its only a matter of time before he shows up in boner pill ads too

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LifeSizePotato posted:

"yayyy cloud" is a catchphrase at my house now

I thought you got kicked out of GBS!

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

show me the cervix

bet that tag line would make more money

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
I hate that every commercial with music includes whistling. quit whistling. QUIT loving WHISTLING YOU loving FUCKS

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

TOILETLORD posted:

bet that tag line would make more money

if u tattooed this on ur face u would drown in pussy

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
any ads with whistling or ukeleles inspire me to contemplate murdering strangers

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I thought you got kicked out of GBS!

you must have me confused with someone else, i'm gbs's resident lovable whitenoise scamp

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LifeSizePotato posted:

you must have me confused with someone else, i'm gbs's resident lovable whitenoise scamp

I like your av!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I like your av!

do you know what it means?? i don't understand any of it

• Locked thread