Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
^^^^^^

Breadallelogram posted:

the g in gif stands for graphics so I agree with OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Machai posted:

my G is p hard right now

I'm jay

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Dexters Secret posted:

both pronounciations are right so long as they are both commonly used, that is how english language works

it is an evolving language full of inconsistencies

Next you'll be telling me it's ok to say could of and would of.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

I said that like ten posts up dude

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
Microwave's mom can stir my jiff any day :laugh:

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Stink Billyums posted:

it's pronounced lye-nucks

:can:

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

itsgotmetoo posted:

I thought it was pronounced "dot gee eye eff."

Ah..the great SQL debate. Most people say "ess queue el", but who got time for that. I say "sequel".

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
I guess I know a bunch of retards. They all spell it out. I say "sequel" too.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
I already know the answer because we had that discussion too. Most pronounce it jiff. I was one of the few hard g-ers.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

The Wizard of Poz posted:

You are a smart among the stupids

These were not clever men. It was a bunch of Accenture bozos with whom I collaborated as a contractor. Over lunch one day we covered a whole bunch of acronyms. Almost all of them spelled everything out. Some, like me, pronounced things that were pronounceable (ORM rhymed with dorm, JPG was jay-peg, etc.) and spelled out the rest (PNG was pee en gee, etc.)

A bunch of them got seriously riled up and actually walked away from the convo in genuine huffy anger. The rift was irreparable, and it was an uncomfortable project to work on from then on in. Thankfully it was a short-term gig. All was made worse by the fact that these idiots were only mediocre programmers, and were wrapped way too tight and represented everything horrible about big name consulting firms like Accenture, IBM, Oracle, etc.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Cthulu Carl posted:

It's jay-pej, idiot.

Are we not all the idiot in this great debate?

whoflungpoop posted:

i refer to stored procedures as sproks :can:

I have no problem with this.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
score: 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue