Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

+1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
here in gaza there is no social media so instead israel is killing our children

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Mein Eyes! posted:

not sure if thats better or worse

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Mein Eyes! posted:

whoa when the gently caress did we say you could have kids??

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I'm pretty sure I read that Palestinians don't love their children. That's why they strap babies to themselves as armor.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

Wooten posted:

I'm pretty sure I read that Palestinians don't love their children. That's why they strap babies to themselves as armor.

true story time. i was in thailand with a friend and we kept commenting on how loving moronic all the locals were for driving around on rickety rear end thai motorcyles with loving babies on their laps. like, oh i accidentally bumped the curb and gelled my infant child, oops oops sahwahdee krapp, but we are young liberals and accept that other cultures do things differently and we must not judge nor import our western ideas about safety or childcare to such heathen lands as chiang mai.

then we saw a loving white man with a baby on his lap and we almost lost our minds

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

the trick is to not only recognize you are dead inside, but to learn to revel in this fact

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
i dont have a facebook because im a hipster but if i did i'd be the coolest of them all, except less cool than I am now, because its cooler not having one

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
i have an instagram but i only use it to post videos of my vinyls spinning on my extremely loving sweet turntable set up

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fomo hairygato

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I fail to see how thats a bad thing OP. Godspeed to social media.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
i saw a pic of an old classmate on facebook and had a heart attack when i saw how hot she was, so social media killed me.

#breakthesilence

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Wooten posted:

fomo fomo fomo FOMO FOMO FOMO FOMO FOMO FOMO!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CJWo5TDHLE

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It's good, to not have a facebook

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I seriously do not know what the gently caress instagram is. I mean I really don't. Is it like instant messenger?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

sounds like possibly otherwise normal social pressures are being dialed to 11 with the extra metrics and ease of editing, glad i didn't grow up with this crap

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Would anyone like to be my twitter friend?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Harime Nui posted:

Would anyone like to be my twitter friend?
Sure. What's your twitter?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
https://twitter.com/PiedmonSama

If I have an honest to god follower I'll have to start adding stuff!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Harime Nui posted:

https://twitter.com/PiedmonSama

If I have an honest to god follower I'll have to start adding stuff!

Mothers weep
Children sleep
So much violence ends in silence
It's a shame there's no one to blame for all the pain that life brings
If you will just take me it might just complete me
And together we can make a stand

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
i loving hate CNN and the people they enable

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

gbs is killing our children

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Don't kids think facebook is lame now? Because everyone and their literal grandma are on it now? Parents should go on instagram next to ruin that for them too. Also,parents should start smoking a poo poo ton of weed and get over the top drunk and take pictures and post it on facebook. So that way, if their kids ever posted pictures of them getting wasted, the parents can post "How, cute, so much like their father :)" Thus making it 'uncool'

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

lonesomedwarf posted:

Mothers weep
Children sleep
So much violence ends in silence
It's a shame there's no one to blame for all the pain that life brings
If you will just take me it might just complete me
And together we can make a stand

Please don't follow my twitter

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The internet makes you stupid.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Social media probably better for them than whatever cable TV and video games did to us

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
social media isn't killing our children, it is turning them into men - menchildren.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

ArbitraryC posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRl8EIhrQjQ

It's over the top upworthy style clickbait but I agree with the general message.

this is a good video and theres a good book on the topic called 'alone together' which is worth reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mein Eyes! posted:

heh who do you think owns social media?

• Locked thread