Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

i have it, but nothing shows up when i right click when i enable it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Last Chance posted:

safari truly is the best browser

i've been saying this for a long time even though people laughed at me over the internet, but now i'm glad people are finally taking it into serious consideration that it is the best. i think people didn't like it before just because it didn't have as good as an adblock as other browsers or webGL built in

pram
Jun 10, 2001

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i have it, but nothing shows up when i right click when i enable it

Works 4 me

pram
Jun 10, 2001
The only thing I miss from chrome is right click to search images

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
lol safari is such a piece of poo poo. even when it's working it's slow as all gently caress and it's completely broke on my system. doesn't load any pages. progress bar just sits there. idk why, probably because it's too special to play nice with some other thing i have installed, but every other browser i have works. slowfari sucks

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Tiny Bug Child posted:

lol safari is such a piece of poo poo. even when it's working it's slow as all gently caress and it's completely broke on my system. doesn't load any pages. progress bar just sits there. idk why, probably because it's too special to play nice with some other thing i have installed, but every other browser i have works. slowfari sucks

but are you using yosemite's safari?

what is your computer?

have you tried restarting after installing yosemite?

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
thank you tim for this operation system and browser

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Tiny Bug Child posted:

they stopped making safari for Windows years ago

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

but are you using yosemite's safari?

what is your computer?

have you tried restarting after installing yosemite?

nah it's a rmbp running mac 10.8. i have no intention of getting yosemite

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i too, enjoy living in the past

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

if it ain't broke why fix it. yosemite doesn't have any features i care about and it succumbed to the "ugly and flat" school of design

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Tiny Bug Child posted:

well gtfo, we're talking about safari 8 in yosemite

pram
Jun 10, 2001

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

well gtfo, we're talking about safari 8 in yosemite

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Tiny Bug Child posted:

if it ain't broke why fix it. yosemite doesn't have any features i care about and it succumbed to the "ugly and flat" school of design

lol forever at people that never upgrade software for ~*reasons*~

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah lol @ all these osx users not upgrading to windows.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Shaggar posted:

yeah lol @ all these osx users not upgrading to Ubuntu

neonburzt
Jul 25, 2010
firefox: not all extension can be installed without being restarted. In the year 2014. lol
safari: no support for extension sync. it gets old when you need to install the same extensions on multiple machines.

so far only chrome can do the above. chrome owns!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Tiny Bug Child posted:

apparently Safari is broke on your system

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

neonburzt posted:

firefox: not all extension can be installed without being restarted. In the year 2014. lol
safari: no support for extension sync. it gets old when you need to install the same extensions on multiple machines.

so far only chrome can do the above. chrome owns!

exactly

It Just Works

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

computer parts posted:

apparently Safari is broke on your system

yeah safari comes with osx.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

pram posted:

a fitting monument to steves glory

steve is using safari 8 in heaven. if you look up to the starfield you can hear him go oh wow. oh wow

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
it's interesting windows people are so defensive about their operating system but they can never make an example of why it's actually good. how many threads have there been about how good windows is?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
who cares

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
I can't decide between safari and chrome.. safari is faster but chrome has a better tab bar where tabs have the same size unless there's too many of them. Safari syncs booksmarks to my iphone and ipad however

decisions decisions

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
'm stuck with chrome because i have too many german websites which i constantly need translated

wish i could use safari all the time

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Flyndre posted:

I can't decide between safari and chrome.. safari is faster but chrome has a better tab bar where tabs have the same size unless there's too many of them. Safari syncs booksmarks to my iphone and ipad however

decisions decisions

you should use safari, it is a good web browser

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

idk on what planet safari is faster than chrome but it isn't this one

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

horse mans posted:

'm stuck with chrome because i have too many german websites which i constantly need translated

like what

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

banking, food delivery, apartment rental, restaurants, etc

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

horse mans posted:

wish i could use safari all the time

i don't blame you for using chrome because gently caress that language

edit: ugh where do you live? also for banking use deutsche bank because they have an english website

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Tiny Bug Child posted:

the one where normal people don't have 8000 tabs

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Tiny Bug Child posted:

It's well documented that Safari on Intel Graphics OpenGL is faster than Chrome due to many, many defects that have slow workarounds.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Ripoff posted:

i don't blame you for using chrome because gently caress that language

edit: ugh where do you live? also for banking use deutsche bank because they have an english website

münchen, but good to know, i'll check it out

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i feel upgraded for realzies

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
safari looks great and yosemite feels faster on my work 2010 imac, thanks be to tim

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Tiny Bug Child posted:

tiny sperg child is like "faster performance and more battery life for free? pshaw"

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

pram posted:

The only thing I miss from chrome is right click to search images

this http://download.cnet.com/BackTrack-Safari-Extension/3000-2378_4-75914350.html but from a good website op

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Blackula69 posted:

safari looks great and yosemite feels faster on my work 2010 imac, thanks be to tim

this but 2014 retinal imac

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

its ok, op

but its not like i can use the old safari on the new os

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Bug Child posted:

lol whomever designed ur face drew from the ugly and flat school

• Locked thread