Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Would you like to see 'The Divine Comedy' adapted to film?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009
I'm working with Yellow House on an independent full length live action film adaptation of Dante Alighieri’s 'The Divine Comedy'. We have never used kickstater or created any other crowd funding campaigns before, and I was wondering what you all think of our first attempt. I know SA has strong roots in the independent film community and I look forward to any ideas or suggestions on how to promote a successful kickstarter, or constructive criticisms of our kickstarter video itself. Also, feel free to ask any questions about the film here. I will answer those that I can, and do my best to find the answers to those that I cannot. If there are any artists who would be interested in contributing to the film during the production phase check out our website listed at the end of the video and fill out an application.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1875798282/dante-the-motion-picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjfmj2Uvsog&t=29s
For some reason when I play the video above it jumps to the 29 second mark. Does this happen for everyone else? I'm not a video expert so I'm not sure if it is happening on my system only.

KING BONG fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

quote:

COPY OF SHOOTING SCRIPT & A PRIVATE SCREENING WITH HOTEL ROOM STAY.

Question. Do I get to snort coke of that chick's rear end after banging her? Or is it before I do it?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i appreciate your artistic goals but to be honest i think this was a pretty lovely xBox game that would be best forgotten.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

sounds great op but have you tried sucking on my big hair yballs?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
I only back Noni & Soundmonkey approved kickstarters, sorry.

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

i appreciate your artistic goals but to be honest i think this was a pretty lovely xBox game that would be best forgotten.

This was a lovely xbox game. One of the main reasons why we want to continue with this film is because of all the horrible adaptations. It surprised us that no studios have ever seriously attempted to bring the poem to film.

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009

Dead Precedents posted:

Question. Do I get to snort coke of that chick's rear end after banging her? Or is it before I do it?

If you donate, I will allow you to do whatever you want to her, I just don't want to know. She's so dedicated to this project she'd probably smile through the whole ordeal.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

KING BONG posted:

If you donate, I will allow you to do whatever you want to her, I just don't want to know. She's so dedicated to this project she'd probably smile through the whole ordeal.

Hahaha, holy gently caress.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

KING BONG posted:

lord have mercy

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gnarlyhotep posted:

lord have mercy

gently caress you grandpa!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

gently caress you grandpa!

get in line

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

get in line

Wanna go halfsies on the girl?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gnarlyhotep posted:

get in line

:)!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

if you send me money instead of the op i will spend it all on weed and i will smoke the weed live on the internet for you

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Iggy Koopa posted:

if you send me money instead of the op i will spend it all on weed and i will smoke the weed live on the internet for you

this at least has a chance of happening

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i guarantee it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Iggy Koopa posted:

i guarantee it

I got a lot of cousins. Which one do you know?

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

How are you going to deal w/ the fact that the Inferno is entirely dante walking around hell having conversations with people you need lots of background info to understand?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Sir John Feelgood posted:

How are you going to deal w/ the fact that the Inferno is entirely dante walking around hell having conversations with people you need lots of background info to understand?

that never stopped Roger Corman or Robert Lippert

e: or Sandy Frank, he never even pretended to make movies that made sense

gnarlyhotep fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 17, 2014

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Iggy Koopa posted:

Don't be fooled everyone you do not have to send anyone money for him to do this.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"I care about art and poems"

-some big ol' fagmo

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009

Iggy Koopa posted:

If you send me weed instead of money I will smoke it live on the internet for YOU.

That's a good question and one that came up at a lot of the early treatment, outlining, and script writing meetings. A lot of information is going to be conveyed through the dialogue between Dante and Virgil as he witnesses different scenarios unfold in front of him. We must remember that Dante is witnessing most of these events from aboard a boat. Though Dante doesn't speak to many of the characters in the rings we are carefully creating interaction between them in a way that keeps the audience attentive and entertained. Most of these scenes will involve historical characters that most of the audience will recognize, for those that don't we will carefully nudge them in the right direction without taking up too much time and boring them to death. For those that still don't understand it, we will keep them entertained and hope that one day they pick up a book.

KING BONG fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Oct 17, 2014

Snapdrak
Apr 21, 2011
This movie loogk like a poo poo

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009

Snapdrak posted:

This movie loogk like a poo poo

It probably will be, but we'll give the :effort: to polish that little turd up the best we can.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

KING BONG posted:

If you send me weed instead of money I will smoke it live on the internet for YOU.

That's a good question and one that came up at a lot of the early treatment, outlining, and script writing meetings. A lot of information is going to be conveyed through the dialogue between Dante and Virgil as he witnesses different scenarios unfold in front of him. We must remember that Dante is witnessing most of these events from aboard a boat. Though Dante doesn't speak to many of the characters in the rings we are carefully creating interaction between them in a way that keeps the audience attentive and entertained. Most of these scenes will involve historical characters that most of the audience will recognize, for those that don't we will carefully nudge them in the right direction without taking up too much time and boring them to death. For those that still don't understand it, we will keep them entertained and hope that one day they pick up a book.

long stretches of exposition is really the only hope you have of doing this unless you're doing narration

either way it's going to be real hard to keep an audience's interest

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009

gnarlyhotep posted:

long stretches of exposition is really the only hope you have of doing this unless you're doing narration

either way it's going to be real hard to keep an audience's interest

There will be narration, we are currently trying to decide on who should narrate. Dante, Virgil, or an unknown? Currently; we have 10 different treatments, outlines and scripts, and we are taking the best ideas from all of the different versions. One suggestion was to have both Dante, and Virgil narrate at different points in the film, but most of us felt it would be too confusing and muddle up the presentation. Another suggestion, was to have the narrations be in the voice of Dante Alighieri, the author, but we feel that it would take a lot of time to set that up in the film. I will say that for one of the scenes we will have real life body suspenders and self mutilators. We found a group of performers that are very eager to contribute.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

KING BONG posted:

We must remember that Dante is witnessing most of these events from aboard a boat.

*tsk* He's not, though -- he's on foot. Or riding on the shoulders of a giant, or being carried by Virgil like Shaggy carried Scooby Doo.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

illstill do the weed smoking thing, i can even set up a gofundme if anyone sinterest, instead of funding this dudes movie or whatever

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Could we rename this project to DOOM HOUSE 2

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

your friends sound annoying and your project is overly ambitious imo you should make a jerkcity movie instead op

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
are you gonna make it politically correct and get rid of the parts where gays burn forever

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Oh yeah LOL are you gonna show Muhammad in Hell

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Oh yeah LOL are you gonna show Muhammad in Hell

get ready to die, infidels

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
So OP, you have $525 out of $50,000 with 56 days to go.

How do you feel your chances are of meeting your goal?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

KING BONG posted:

I'm working with Yellow House on an independent full length live action film adaptation of Dante Alighieri’s 'The Divine Comedy'. We have never used kickstater or created any other crowd funding campaigns before, and I was wondering what you all think of our first attempt. I know SA has strong roots in the independent film community and I look forward to any ideas or suggestions on how to promote a successful kickstarter, or constructive criticisms of our kickstarter video itself. Also, feel free to ask any questions about the film here. I will answer those that I can, and do my best to find the answers to those that I cannot. If there are any artists who would be interested in contributing to the film during the production phase check out our website listed at the end of the video and fill out an application.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1875798282/dante-the-motion-picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjfmj2Uvsog&t=29s
For some reason when I play the video above it jumps to the 29 second mark. Does this happen for everyone else? I'm not a video expert so I'm not sure if it is happening on my system only.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS4We4MDheg

Its been done.

Also lol @ doesn't understand how youtube works but wants to make movie.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Oct 19, 2014

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

KING BONG posted:

.... Dude I think you're a bit too invested in this project. Its not really the 1300s, plz don't sell your staff into sex slavery.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

KING BONG posted:

I see you subscribe to the Nick Offerman school of Filmmaking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m9gvBtOVU7Q

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I'd rather be raped with an axe than support that film or ever watch it.

I'd probably boof that blonde chick if I was hard up, though.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I watched your kickstarter video again and it looks like you're putting a lot of effort into the production values, which is good. But there are no scenes with actors saying lines and acting. That's what makes or breaks a movie. At least a real movie. If you want it to be another long special effects masturbation sequence that's your choice, but if you want to make a real movie you need good acting, blocking, camera work and most of all directing.

Show me your director's and actor's chops, because so far I haven't seen anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Rapman the Cook posted:

I'd rather be raped with an axe than support that film or ever watch it.

I'd probably boof that blonde chick if I was hard up, though.

two of them are definite woulds.

OP is right though we were big supporters of Swap.avi in the independent film community.

Perhaps instead of dante's inferno if you did Dana's Lesbian Bordello. We could get something going.

Have someone dress up as a big frog that says "get in" or "get out" as a stretch goal.

• Locked thread