Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Would you like to see 'The Divine Comedy' adapted to film?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Good luck King Bong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Oh yeah LOL are you gonna show Muhammad in Hell
OP if you film and upload this scene I will bankroll the whole film solo, and double your budget if he is played by the blonde girl in blackface.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
do a star trek review or a fly on the wall with doobie or something gbs would care about because this poo poo is for the birds

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Why would you even bother with the purgatory and heaven parts even people back in Dante's day knew they were lovely and boring

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Clochette posted:

Why would you even bother with the purgatory and heaven parts even people back in Dante's day knew they were lovely and boring

oh really please tell us all about your study of dante's masterpiece

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Hat Thoughts posted:

Good luck King Bong!

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

oh really please tell us all about your study of dante's masterpiece

nah he's right. just call it Dante's Inferno The Game: The Movie.

i'm not even joking just watch a let's play of the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONe9gCPRRfE&t=26s
i'd rather have a big stupid hollywood version that whatever this is going to be

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

nah he's right. just call it Dante's Inferno The Game: The Movie.

i'm not even joking just watch a let's play of the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONe9gCPRRfE&t=26s
i'd rather have a big stupid hollywood version that whatever this is going to be

so that's how poor Dante's life's work ends up, poor guy

just so you know, he had more to say than just the usual good vs evil crap

he was actually a philosopher in his own right

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Virgil: Fortune tellers have their heads on backwards here!
Dante: What thats crazy?
Virgil: yeah it's 'cause they tried to see the future in life so now they can't see where they're going here
Dante: lol

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

literally the plot to Dante's Inferno

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I think it's very telling that he called it The Divine Comedy. Not The Divine Drama or The Divine Action Hero.

He knew going in that it was all a big joke.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

medieval christians sure did love making excuses for famous pagans before christ was born about how they'd totally go to a part of hell that was awesome where they'd just chill though still end up worse off than a dumb peasant who went to church 4 times a year.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite part was when Dante says "Hey, try not to suck any dick on the way through the parking lot!"

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Twitch posted:

My favorite part was when Dante says "Hey, try not to suck any dick on the way through the parking lot!"

ahahah

37 dicks?!?!

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009

Al Borland posted:

Also lol @ doesn't understand how youtube works but wants to make movie.

I'm not making this film as in directing or writing, I'm doing sound design and helping out composing some of the score. All of us here are pretty attached to it. I mainly created this thread to get feedback on the Kickstarter itself.

Al Borland posted:

two of them are definite woulds.

OP is right though we were big supporters of Swap.avi in the independent film community.

Perhaps instead of dante's inferno if you did Dana's Lesbian Bordello. We could get something going.

Have someone dress up as a big frog that says "get in" or "get out" as a stretch goal.

Oh Godz, swap.avi. Would that happen to be the South American poop tutor video?

Hat Thoughts posted:

Good luck King Bong!

Thanks.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

gnarlyhotep posted:

I think it's very telling that he called it The Divine Comedy. Not The Divine Drama or The Divine Action Hero.

He knew going in that it was all a big joke.

There's so many inside jokes and insults of people from that time you need footnotes just to know who he's bashing. Guy was pretty awesome.

These dumb fucks will miss that completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
At least the last dude today who shilled his goony kickstarter had the decency to pay for a sticky <:mad:>

• Locked thread