Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Northjayhawk posted:

I reserve the right to change my mind later if we lose.

When you lose a game to a Blanco mindfuck bunt or a Travis Ishikawa homer, you might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
With tonight's walk-off the Giants are now in my "Ok if they win" book, but only for the moment. If they start shellacking the Royals they'll be back in my "unlikeable" book.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Giants are generally likable
No.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

OctoberBlues posted:

I'm trying to decide if I want to spend $1,000+ dollars for a legitimate seat in game 1 or 2 and taking one of my last couple vacation days to do it. When I went to WS game 3 last year I told myself it would be a once in a lifetime expense, but goddamn, the Royals are making me question that.

My family has season tickets to the Giants, and I'm flying home without hesitation. I did it for the last 2 WS (though i missed 2012 due to a sweep) and you should go see the WS if you can. It's fun and while I told myself 2010 would be a "once in a lifetime" type thing (it was the first world series win my dad had seen in his 50+ years), you never know for sure, and I didn't expect 2 more in just 4 years. If you can get to see, in person, your team potentially go undefeated in a playoff run, you'll regret it forever if you don't.

I really wish I owned the season tickets or I'd totally sell* them for face value to other goon fans, but my family isn't as understanding about giving things away to internet people.

TLDR: Go to the WS.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

:smith:

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Waaaaaay too much tolerance of Giants fandom right now. Giants fans are The Worst* (*Western Division).

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

mikeycp posted:

I am so glad that Ishikawa didn't retire like he was planning to.

The players we find to fill in year after year, loving love our front office.

Also Royals seem cool so it's going to be a cool WS.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
N: Weeeee

V: Never hedge

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Go Royals, sweep the loving Giants

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Counterpoint:

Yes.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Diddie posted:

N: Weeeee

V: Never hedge

beers on this dude.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

JosefStalinator posted:

My family has season tickets to the Giants, and I'm flying home without hesitation. I did it for the last 2 WS (though i missed 2012 due to a sweep) and you should go see the WS if you can. It's fun and while I told myself 2010 would be a "once in a lifetime" type thing (it was the first world series win my dad had seen in his 50+ years), you never know for sure, and I didn't expect 2 more in just 4 years. If you can get to see, in person, your team potentially go undefeated in a playoff run, you'll regret it forever if you don't.

I really wish I owned the season tickets or I'd totally sell* them for face value to other goon fans, but my family isn't as understanding about giving things away to internet people.

2.5 to 3x face value on Stubhub. My friend wants to go to Game 5 and I advised him to look "any time but right now" 1/6th of the stadium is on Stubhub!

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

All hail Satan and the baseball juggernaut that is Ned Yost's Royals

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
N: We have Lord Barrold in part to thank for this Giants win.
http://www.knbr.com/common/page.php...=9931&is_corp=0

V: That was a drat good hit. And it was a great game.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Waaaaaay too much tolerance of Giants fandom right now. Giants fans are The Worst* (*Western Division).

They have slain the great Satan St. Louis Cardinals, they can at least be tolerated today.

Come Tuesday though, gently caress the Giants.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

coronaball posted:

2.5 to 3x face value on Stubhub. My friend wants to go to Game 5 and I advised him to look "any time but right now" 1/6th of the stadium is on Stubhub!

Yeah, the fact that we can sell our playoff tickets on stub-hub for well over face value is the reason I can't just convince them to turn around and sell at face value to internet people.

Regular season though is another story. I really should advertise on the forum, because I could sell goons some good seats just behind the Giants bullpen for at least face value (maybe lower, since they're expensive at ATT).

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 17, 2014

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Does this mean that Ishikawa spelled backwards is Ssry Even Year Bullshit?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Looks like those scrappy underdog Royals are actually slight favorites in the World Series. -120 for KC and +100 for SF at the moment. They were both -110 last night right after the game.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Dang this team has guys with beards and a couple goofballs that makes them very unique

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Giants are generally likable because they're a bunch of fuckin weirdos.

The faces of the franchise are a beautiful baseball autist and an alien sent to play baseball who never found a body that fit right.

That having been said the Royals are likable too. Cross-fan-base I ain't even mad inbound no matter what happens.

There was a weird head-patting ritual thing I saw in a gif in the gif thread one time that Lincecum or one of their "established" weird guys was doing in the dugout and then I noticed two other completely different guys a couple games ago. This is the weirdest team. I can kind of get behind that. Someone needs to make a "Keep San Francisco Weird" thing for the Giants.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I am still in shock that Mike Matheny's first use of Michael Wacha in 20 days was in the 9th inning of a tie game in a win or go home situation on the road. I literally cannot believe that, and it this point, it's just hilarious.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Spoeank posted:

Giants are generally likable because they're a bunch of fuckin weirdos.

The faces of the franchise are a beautiful baseball autist and an alien sent to play baseball who never found a body that fit right.

"The players currently on my favorite team are very likable." Wow!

At least the Cardinals imploded in the most hilarious way possible.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Bregor posted:

Matheny has been managing this way since he got here and it just gets magnified in the postseason because of the national attention. I would call that series normal Cardinals baseball under Matheny, not an implosion.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Don't be glum, chum, our time is soon. :)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Matheny has been managing this way since he got here and it just gets magnified in the postseason because of the national attention. I would call that series normal Cardinals baseball under Matheny, not an implosion.

Fair enough, but losing a game Wainwright starts on home runs from Panik, a pinch-hitting Morse, and Literally Travis Ishikawa still amuses me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bregor posted:

I acknowledge the 49ers can be wholly unlikable and I love them so maybe don't be so upset about Buster Posey & Hunter Pence.

tadashi posted:

There was a weird head-patting ritual thing I saw in a gif in the gif thread one time that Lincecum or one of their "established" weird guys was doing in the dugout and then I noticed two other completely different guys a couple games ago. This is the weirdest team. I can kind of get behind that. Someone needs to make a "Keep San Francisco Weird" thing for the Giants.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Crimson Sox posted:

Give me one reason to not root for the Royals

No.

Root for the Royals.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Spoeank posted:

I acknowledge the 49ers can be wholly unlikable and I love them so maybe don't be so upset about Buster Posey & Hunter Pence.

Don't get me wrong, I like some of the Giants, especially Panda and Timmy

But Posey... nah son.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Bregor posted:

But Posey... nah son.

You can have Timmy. He's a massively overpaid middle reliever now :rip:

And Buster may just be the Giants love. He's pretty boring.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

So if Buster Posey wins a 3rd world series does he become the new Derek Jeter?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I don't think Buster Posey is capable of showing emotion.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Bregor posted:

But Posey... nah son.

I will never tire of that gif. Tim Lincecum is my favorite middle reliever.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Paul Zuvella posted:

So if Buster Posey wins a 3rd world series does he become the new Derek Jeter?

YEAH BUSTA YEAH

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I like the Giants but Am Obligated to Hate the 49ers.

Posey is a robot. Erin Andrews couldn't even get a dumb chiche out of him last night.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Hmmm, let's see what Royals WS tickets are going for today.

$700. For standing room only.

At least the parking passes are down under a hundred bucks!

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
How many times do you think people will "break down" and need to pull over on I-70 East this series?

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Bregor posted:

Counterpoint: The players currently on my favorite team are not very likeable.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

How many times do you think people will "break down" and need to pull over on I-70 East this series?

Hundreds

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

misdirectomy posted:

Next year the Cubs will win the World Series.

Yeah, no. There's not a powerful enough force in the universe to make that happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Posted on my facebook:

Congrats to the Cards haters. Now you get to see the Giants. The three world series appearances in five years (one more than the Cards), and two wins ( one more than the Cards), 20th overall appearance ( one more than the Cards), have Barry my head magically grew in size and I became a power hitter at the age of 35 Bonds throw out the first pitch, silicon valley sky box over the comeback kids of Pittsburgh, Giants. It might be time for you to reevaluate whom is America's most hated team. Plus NANCY PELOSI WILL GET A WORLD SERIES SHARE!

The irony, oh, the irony.

Girlfriends parents have had season tickets in the front row right behind the Royals dugout for 25 years (pretty much every time they show a runner on 1st you can see them on TV). They just got offered $10k for their four tickets. For a Royals game.

...normally during the season they have trouble finding people who will take the tickets for free.

• Locked thread