Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Had them all the way.

Going off to breath heavily into a bag for the next two hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Lazy thread title. Gas thread, ban op :colbert:

But seriously, that was close as gently caress.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Great title, Kalli ;)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Patriots aren't very good and, somehow, Geno looked remarkably competent.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
3rd & goal on the 19

gently caress the world

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I had complete confidence that Folk was gonna make that kick so long as it wasn't blocked. So of course it was blocked.

Rest in Peace, Folk Hero.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

3rd & goal on the 19

gently caress the world

Yeah that was pretty incredible

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I think I love this gif almost as much as I love the San Francisco Giants being in the World Series again. I mention this only because I switched over to the NLCS for the ninth inning and the Giants won in time for me to see the Jets crush their own hopes yet again.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

TubeStank posted:

he really did, and with few exceptions that was a good game. boring as hell, but mostly competent. also reminder than the jets' most potent offensive weapon is a wazzu runningback. lmao

jets would be incredibly stupid to ditch rex. if at all possible keep him, maybe as a very well-paid DC (which I doubt he'd accept unless it were a very sweet deal). he's a good coach and it isn't his fault their talent is garbage

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress the dumb bengals

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

wheez the roux posted:

he really did, and with few exceptions that was a good game. boring as hell, but mostly competent. also reminder than the jets' most potent offensive weapon is a wazzu runningback. lmao

jets would be incredibly stupid to ditch rex. if at all possible keep him as a very well-paid DC, but he's a good coach and it isn't his fault their talent is garbage

Just think if Geno's receivers didn't drop every other pass!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TubeStank posted:

Yeah, Geno played super conservatively with the ball and was able to make things happen.

He also ate like 3 unforgivable sacks, but he definitely showed better-then-Ponder-ness tonight.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

wheez the roux posted:

jets would be incredibly stupid to ditch rex. if at all possible keep him, maybe as a very well-paid DC (which I doubt he'd accept unless it were a very sweet deal). he's a good coach and it isn't his fault their talent is garbage

Fire John Idzik.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jets fire Rex, hire Dan Quinn because Idzik connections

Seahawks hire Rex as DC :getin:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

TubeStank posted:

Amaro has unforgivably bad hands for a TE, he's atrocious and it's unbelievable that someone better isn't available. he's a decent blocker but close to useless as a receiver

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My sister-in-law's boyfriend proposed to her in my house while this game was on. That's about all I'm ever going to remember about it.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

wheez the roux posted:

Amaro has unforgivably bad hands for a TE, he's atrocious and it's unbelievable that someone better isn't available. he's a decent blocker but close to useless as a receiver

Funny you mention that because he is by a fair margin our second best receiver.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Benne posted:

don't fix it if it ain't bro...well poo poo

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

My sister-in-law's boyfriend proposed to her in my house while this game was on. That's about all I'm ever going to remember about it.

unless there was something special going on in your house that seems like kind of a lovely way to propose

sirtommygunn posted:

Funny you mention that because he is by a fair margin our second best receiver.

that's the worst/funniest part

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vpVeJqx7gI

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Quiet Feet posted:

Was it as the kick was blocked?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

TubeStank posted:

Pats had a lot of dropped passes tonight too. Just an ugly game.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

wheez the roux posted:

unless there was something special going on in your house that seems like kind of a lovely way to propose

Hey, after some chicken wings I'll propose to anyone.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
he put the ring in a tyson chicken nugget

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

I'd rather have a good OC.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
Amendola finally justifies his presence.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

wheez the roux posted:

It's the Jets, Rex is going to get canned and whoever they hire next is going to try and make Geno into the next Brady/Manning/Rodgers lasercannon despite him having never shown any indication towards being one at all.

However, through sheer grit and relentlessness, they'll still manage to get six wins for the season and completely tank their draft.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The Jets are such a goddamned ridiculous team.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

It's the Jets, Rex is going to get canned and whoever they hire next is going to try and make Geno into the next Brady/Manning/Rodgers lasercannon despite him having never shown any indication towards being one at all.

However, through sheer grit and relentlessness, they'll still manage to get six wins for the season and completely tank their draft.

seahawks hire rex as DC :hawksin:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

After a while I hear the pain goes away.

I don't even want a Super Bowl. I want the Pats to be miserable for 30 straight years instead.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

NC-17 posted:

Amendola finally justifies his presence.

Let's not go overboard here.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Remember that one fleeting week of the Patriots being done and old and crappy?

:smith:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I just caught the tail end of this thing but Geno Smith looked pretty good! :shrug:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That game had 4 lead changes. The first four lead changes on TNF this year.

also:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Does Tom Brady always get dressed in the dark?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Was David Byrne having a garage sale?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Rasczak posted:

I just caught the tail end of this thing but Geno Smith looked pretty good! :shrug:

He's mostly shown the same highs and lows, the highs showing real promise and the lows like "how did this guy make it to the NFL."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I just assume he's trying to piss off his wife when he dresses like that.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 17, 2014

• Locked thread