Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Volkerball posted:

gently caress the dumb bengals

Show some respect to one of the top five 7-8-1 teams in the history of the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Does Tom Brady always get dressed in the dark?

Uh that jacket owns

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Intruder posted:

Uh that jacket owns

But with what appear to be Dockers? Yech.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Intruder posted:

Uh that jacket owns

It belongs on a schlubby Jack Klugman character from a cheap 70s TV movie.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It belongs on a schlubby Jack Klugman character from a cheap 70s TV movie.

yeah you're right it owns

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Just imagine the jets fire Rex and than the patriots hire him as their new DC. That would be fun. (he will than learn become headcoach when Billy retires and lead the patriots to another decade of dominance over the jets)

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Thaddius the Large posted:

But with what appear to be Dockers? Yech.

Guaranteed Tom hasn't worn Dockers in 15 years.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Eifert Posting posted:

I just assume he's trying to piss off his wife when he dresses like that.

Or she dresses him that way.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
She totally picks out his clothes.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Current Jets anger fuel making the rounds - http://instagram.com/p/uPU3dJtUOg/

Anyway, it was a close game so I'm not upset. At least they had a good gameplan, they executed mostly well. Every FG kick the Jets made, the Pats kept getting closer and closer, so yeah they eventually broke through with a block. For the Jets to win any game, as they had before under Rex, all three phases of the team has to be clicking. If any one fucks up too much, the whole thing is ruined.

The best part is the Jets have lost every game after the bye under Rex, so if you figure we lose to the Bills after the bye and maybe the Chiefs after that... Jets will be 1-8 in no time :v:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Of course the Jets are the first team in NFL history to lose committing 0 turnovers, rushing for more than 200 yards, and having a TOP over 40. Of course.

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...er_by=game_date

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Oct 17, 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So far I've just tuned in at the last 4th quarter of each TNF game I've watched and I have yet to be disappointed. Last night was magical.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Anyway, it was a close game so I'm not upset. At least they had a good gameplan, they executed mostly well. Every FG kick the Jets made, the Pats kept getting closer and closer, so yeah they eventually broke through with a block. For the Jets to win any game, as they had before under Rex, all three phases of the team has to be clicking. If any one fucks up too much, the whole thing is ruined.

The best part is the Jets have lost every game after the bye under Rex, so if you figure we lose to the Bills after the bye and maybe the Chiefs after that... Jets will be 1-8 in no time :v:

That really looked like a "hey, fuckface, get out of my way."

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

The face of a man watching a hieronymus bosch painting come to life before his eyes

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Tom Brady is the best

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Can someone make a version that says "ITS HAPPENING" on it ala that Ron Paul.gif?

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
I quit watching last night during the 3rd quarter and went to sleep.
Now I watched the rest of the game, and that has got to be the most Jets ending ever and I wish i'd seen it live and the GDT reactions.

Come on AFC East, is my dream of the Patriots NOT winning the division for once so impossible?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think the thread got juked because everyone was expecting an icing so it took like 15 seconds to register that no, that's how the game actually ended.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Listen we did our part with the magic of chad Pennington in 08.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Mmmm Joe and Evan being really sad after Jets losses. Good radio days.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Don't you worry. The Jets will win more than enough meaningless post-elimination games to ruin the draft pick, fool the front office into thinking the team is moving in the right direction and maybe even save Rex's job.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Bengals.com posted:

“He’s in the same predicament we’re all in,” says Gilberry of first-year defensive coordinator Paul Guenther. “This is our defense. We all have stock in it. You want to protect your stock. That’s what we’re trying to do.”

Gilberry showed just how valuable he thinks it is during Sunday’s 37-37 bloodbath against Carolina. Prone on the ground after being head butted without his helmet, blood pouring from a cut above his eyebrow that required five stitches and blood filling his eye, he checked back into the game after being helped off the field and finished. Later he absolved the guilty party because, “It’s football.”

“I just wanted to do what I could to help my team overcome the situation we got ourself in,” Gilberry says. “That’s all I could think about. I wasn’t worried about myself at that time. After the game I was.”

The doctors checked his cornea for scratches and his eyeball for abrasions and cleared him to go Thursday in limited fashion.
Wallace Gillberry has been awesome for us. I can think of at least 3 games where he made the big play to ensure the win. I don't understand why KC let him go.

It amazes me that this sort of injury doesn't happen more often.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

wtftastic posted:

Can someone make a version that says "ITS HAPPENING" on it ala that Ron Paul.gif?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

That's beautiful. You're a beautiful person.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak strikes again.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope Rex gets into broadcasting.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

I hope Rex gets into broadcasting.

He better come fix the Atlanta defense first.

Bonus, the Ryan brothers would be on opposing sides of a great NFL rivalry. I would get a giant bowl of popcorn just for the sideline shots of the Saints/Falcons games.

Is there a third Ryan that coaches special teams? That would just be the best.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

He better come fix the Atlanta defense first.

Bonus, the Ryan brothers would be on opposing sides of a great NFL rivalry. I would get a giant bowl of popcorn just for the sideline shots of the Saints/Falcons games.

Is there a third Ryan that coaches special teams? That would just be the best.

If Buddy had a child that didn't want to be a defensive coordinator he would've drowned him in a tub.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

He's just doing this poo poo on purpose now

Looks like a pretty normal haircut, you gotta up your game son

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
From the last thread re: Troy Aikman

Fenrir posted:

he always lacked polish and his decision making could sometimes be downright atrocious. Hence the near 1:1 TD:Pick ratio

Well this is dumb. Outside of his first two seasons and last season (when his team was pretty drat bad) his INT rate was never really that out of line with the rest of the league. For most of his prime he hovered around top ten in the league, and was either the leader or close several times. His TD/INT ratio is bad because he didn't get to throw in the redzone ever and thus never racked up big TD numbers.

He was also routinely among the league leaders in completion percentage, which is impressive when you consider that his role in the offense was to keep defenses from stacking the line by throwing a lot of bombs (which also accounts for the INT numbers to some extent)

Go ahead and try to find a contemporary writer who called him out for being overly mistake prone or making bad decisions. You won't find it, because they actually watched him rather than going off his Pro Football Ref page like a decade and a half after he stopped playing.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 17, 2014

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Aikman was a good qb who generally was forced to chuck bombs so they could murder you with the run.

He owns get over it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'd be fairly surprised if Rex takes a DC role next year. If anything he'll likely take a year off with ESPN before getting another head coaching gig.

mcmagic posted:

Don't you worry. The Jets will win more than enough meaningless post-elimination games to ruin the draft pick, fool the front office into thinking the team is moving in the right direction and maybe even save Rex's job.
Unless you're in love with Mariota the top end of the draft sort of sucks for the Jets needs anyways. Tons of DEs we don't need. Maybe an OT if you want to ditch Brick. The best CB prospect is tiny and likely a mid-late 1st rounder.

WRs are too tough to project this early so who knows if Amari Cooper is an elite talent.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Ozu posted:

I'd be fairly surprised if Rex takes a DC role next year. If anything he'll likely take a year off with ESPN before getting another head coaching gig.
Unless you're in love with Mariota the top end of the draft sort of sucks for the Jets needs anyways. Tons of DEs we don't need. Maybe an OT if you want to ditch Brick. The best CB prospect is tiny and likely a mid-late 1st rounder.

WRs are too tough to project this early so who knows if Amari Cooper is an elite talent.

At this point last year everyone still thought Bridgewater would go in the top three. Draft stocks will still change a ton before the draft.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Connor Cook maybe. Idk. Either way the jets wouldn't never have a high pick when an elite QB was in the draft. But we know that if the jets FO is good at anything it's reading way too much into meaningless games. They have done this the entire Woody era.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 17, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rookie CBs almost always have little or no impact anyways. This year is kinda an oddity with Fuller and Verrett showing up right away. Even with them it's more that they have had a couple big games and otherwise avoided fuckups.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol Brady with the worst flop.

https://vine.co/v/Oq2qzHKEgA6

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Ozu posted:

Of course the Jets are the first team in NFL history to lose committing 0 turnovers, rushing for more than 200 yards, and having a TOP over 40. Of course.

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...er_by=game_date

Yeah, that's what happens when you settle for FGs 4 or 5 times a game. :eng99:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ozu posted:

lol Brady with the worst flop.

https://vine.co/v/Oq2qzHKEgA6

It kinda sorta maybe looks like he might have tripped over Solder's foot, but there's about a half second delay between his foot contacting Solder's and him actually falling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Yeah, that's what happens when you settle for FGs 4 or 5 times a game. :eng99:
If that were the case it would have happened plenty of times in the history of football. Only one close is the Dolphins loss to Manning a few years back when they had 45 minutes of TOP. They had a turnover though.

• Locked thread