Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Close the thread. This gif will be the only appropriate response to every game this week.

Thread peaked early and hard, goldmine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Rasczak posted:

That'll teach me to take a lunch break

Close TFF, this is as good as it will get.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Thank you so much. This is amazing!!!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

It's his way of saying 'gently caress you, i'm good looking enough to get away with this poo poo'.

It's true. Some of us can wear whatever we want

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Benne posted:

Jets fire Rex, hire Dan Quinn because Idzik connections

Seahawks hire Rex as DC :getin:

Professional football players? On stevia? Oh my god,

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Offseason hopes: Fire Pees, sign Rex

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Combine the its-happening with the flying feet and give him googly eyes

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

The_Hat posted:

Combine the its-happening with the flying feet and give him googly eyes

drat it :negative:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Chris James 2 posted:

Offseason hopes: Fire Pees, sign Rex

I'd love it but I'm pretty sure Harbaugh would never take Rex back. Rex was part of the DeBillickization that started after Billick was fired and lasted up until after SB 47. As you may recall we didn't give Rex a shot at the head coaching spot despite his being really popular among the players. I don't think he'd ever come back here but we can hope.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

You're doin' the Lords work, Rasczak.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If any team could get Rex as a HC/DC they'd have to be close to Clemson since his son is on the football team there.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ozu posted:

If any team could get Rex as a HC/DC they'd have to be close to Clemson since his son is on the football team there.

Don't you loving dare tease me like that.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ozu posted:

Rex with the Panthers defense

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Rex with the Panthers defense

Cam Newton and the offense with Rex as head coach sounds like a story I've heard already...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Don't you loving dare tease me like that.

Yeah, that was cruel, Atlanta is 20 minutes closer than Charlotte is to Clemson.

:getin:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
It's gonna be awesome when Rex seemlessly replaces LeBeau as DC when he's forced to retire at the end of the season

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's gonna be awesome when Rex seemlessly replaces LeBeau as DC when he's forced to retire at the end of the season

Goddammit this is going to be exactly what loving happens.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Please don't even joke about that.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

It will hurt his pride when the wizened spectre that was once Dan Rooney whispers it in his ear, but Rex will have a vision of the Lombardi he will get in Pittsburgh that his father never got, and how that will be the dagger in his brother's heart. He will sign the contract.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It will hurt his pride when the wizened spectre that was once Dan Rooney whispers it in his ear, but Rex will have a vision of the Lombardi he will get in Pittsburgh that his father never got, and how that will be the dagger in his brother's heart. He will sign the contract.

You might want to check out this part.

e: Huh, he actually has two rings as a coach now that I look it up. Obviously none as a HC but that's not the fantasy we're spinning here.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

You might want to check out this part.

e: Huh, he actually has two rings as a coach now that I look it up. Obviously none as a HC but that's not the fantasy we're spinning here.

Thanks man, I definitely posted that as if I really thought it was gonna happen.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I hope Lebeau is DC for life in Pittsburgh.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Flikken posted:

I hope Lebeau is DC for life in Pittsburgh.

Each passing year he transfers more of his football energy into Keith Butler, until one year soon they will put on their hologram power bracelets, do a sack dance, and merge together

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Can anyone in the Seattle area check the phone book for a D. Bevell? I'm planning on making a trip up North soon.

Just like last year Wilson is in serious danger on the field and we just are not protecting him like we should.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Pats, Dolphins, and Bills have all lost their starting RB for the season within the past week.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
They need to blow the Panthers organization up.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Ozu posted:

Pats, Dolphins, and Bills have all lost their starting RB for the season within the past week.

Everybody on board the Anthony Dixon bandwagon :toot:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Fire Tom Cable

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Well, this is going about as well as expected, with ATLs D doing better than expected and the O a little worse.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
And for anyone keeping count, we are now on the 3rd string center, down 3 starting online men for the season and potentially 2 backups.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Benne posted:

Fire Tom Cable

And Darrell Bevell. Bring back... Uh... Um... Uh...

gently caress it, lucky fan in section 302

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

Fire Tom Cable

If we didn't have offensive linemen at all at least there wouldn't be anyone in Lynch 's way. Just something to think about.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Hey guys, the game day threads are lovely enough, I hope we don't start just posting the same mid-game thoughts in other threads

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

football fuckerman posted:

Hey guys, the game day threads are lovely enough, I hope we don't start just posting the same mid-game thoughts in other threads

If we had split GDTs we could just hold that conversation in there, but we don't so we can't.

Pete Carroll needs to spend more time preparing the teams biorhythms so we can play these early games.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Kyle Orton is really bad

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chichevache posted:

If we had split GDTs we could just hold that conversation in there, but we don't so we can't.

Oh I know, trust me

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

In addition, this is where we give our thoughts on the game, our team, and how they have played. The game is not over yet, no, but whether the game is over or not these are still the same feelings that we have. I have little doubt that even if the seahawks win this game that these thoughts would change.

I hope you understand (being a Browns fan) and are adequately capable of dealing with this turn of events.

Thank you for your time.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Oh I know, trust me

I wish we had a thread where you could do nothing but bitch about everything in TFF while also complaining about how you had to change your name because you are such a great legendary poster that your influence controlled the rest of TFF's hivemind. :allears:

Anyway, the Panthers are down 35-3 and the entire roster is a joke. Gettleman has been hiding behind having to "repair the salary cap," but the roster he has put together is one of the worst. Essentially no talent at all on the offensive line or in the secondary. The OC is one of the worst in the league, but is carried by Cam Newton being one of the greatest playmakers in the game. They'll probably end up firing the DC of all people for some reason, despite the GM giving him no secondary.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I root for the Lions to scar myself in preparation for life's harsh truths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Bears

Fire everyone.

• Locked thread