Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Wrong thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I really wonder how many passing yards Tom Brady will have against this horrible Bears defense next week. I believe last time they played back in 2010 the Bears were down 21-0 by Cutler's third drop back.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

And for anyone keeping count, we are now on the 3rd string center, down 3 starting online men for the season and potentially 2 backups.

Who's we?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Wow. Seahawks are at .500 for the first time since I started following them (January 2014). Who should I follow as a backup team for the rest of the season?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I am like THE Falcons fan on this board. Clearly I'm talking about the LA Kiss

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Chichevache posted:

Wow. Seahawks are at .500 for the first time since I started following them (January 2014). Who should I follow as a backup team for the rest of the season?

You need a steady, reliable team. Like the Lions or Rams.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Mr. Despair posted:

You need a steady, reliable team. Like the Lions or Rams.

The Browns have been a steady solid team whose results have given the same return year after year. Since they can be counted on week to week (prior to this year, but they're due to return to the norm), I would highly recommend them as your backup team.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tannyhills went 25/32 277 yards 2 TD's 0 INT's and ran 6 times for 48 yards. Right when I'm ready to give up on him, he puts together a great game. I wish I could quit you, Ryan Tannehill.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Guess the temperature was too hot in the climate controlled dome for the Seahawks.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

Tannyhills went 25/32 277 yards 2 TD's 0 INT's and ran 6 times for 48 yards. Right when I'm ready to give up on him, he puts together a great game. I wish I could quit you, Ryan Tannehill.

Bears D. I'm sorry.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Not even mad. Nicely done Rams. Fake punting from your own 17 takes some amazing stones.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Watching the Bengals this year has been a vivisection.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ehud posted:

Yeah, but he put those numbers up against the Bears. The Bears defense has sucked rear end all year long.

And if this game doesn't put Trestman and Tucker on the hot seat then I don't know what will get them fired. The Bears have really sucked since Trestman took over and Mel Tuckers defense has been absolute garbage.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, but he put those numbers up against the Bears. The Bears defense has sucked rear end all year long.

And if this game doesn't put Trestman and Tucker on the hot seat then I don't know what will get them fired. The Bears have really sucked since Trestman took over and Mel Tuckers defense has been absolute garbage.

I doubt this game will, but they're at New England and at Green Bay the next two games. 3-6 should do the trick!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ummagumma posted:

I doubt this game will, but they're at New England and at Green Bay the next two games. 3-6 should do the trick!

In stupid Bears fashion they will probably eek out a win in NE and it'll end up close at GB.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Bears have not yet won at home and I love that being a Packers fan in Chicago.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Watching the Bengals this year has been a vivisection.

It's worse than 2006 because there were close games back then. The Bengals are worse than the Steelers with this personnel, for sure.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
The Seahawks aren't a very good football team and beating them is probably not a big deal this season except for schadenfreude. That's my analysis.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
OK I take it back. Refs beat the Seahawks for the second week in the row.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Ummagumma posted:

The way this season has gone, the Bears will probably beat New England (I sincerely don't believe this, but I would not be surprised if it happened).

Thinking about it a little more, the problem with the defense is they can very rarely get stops, unless they get a turnover. They only forced two punts, and were lucky that the one field goal attempt was shanked and another was blocked. They are not very good at getting off the field. The Bears offense is not consistent enough to make up for those shortcomings.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Chichevache posted:

Bears D. I'm sorry.

Yes but he looked very very good while doing it.

All the right reads, some tight throws that he completed no problem. Took two sacks to knock the Dolphins out of FG range but was otherwise extremely productive

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I want the Bears to just forfeit the game at green bay and not even make the trip up there to embarrass themselves

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Not even mad. Nicely done Rams. Fake punting from your own 17 takes some amazing stones.

I'm mad, bit not at the Rams. Good game from them. I really hate our offense today, Wilson did everything on his own and our line hung him out to dry. The final call seemed like BS to me and I really want to hear the league's logic there.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GNU Order posted:

Yes but he looked very very good while doing it.

All the right reads, some tight throws that he completed no problem. Took two sacks to knock the Dolphins out of FG range but was otherwise extremely productive

Pretty tough to determine which wide-open receiver to throw to, I'll give him that. Or to hand it off to a dude to gain 15 yards.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Chichevache posted:

I'm mad, bit not at the Rams. Good game from them. I really hate our offense today, Wilson did everything on his own and our line hung him out to dry. The final call seemed like BS to me and I really want to hear the league's logic there.

Even if it should have been reviewed I didn't see anything conclusive to overturn anything. Isn't it always whoever comes out of the pile with the ball gets the ball?

The Rams were consistently better than the Seahawks apart from Wilson and Lynch, and everything good that Lynch does gets nullified by the dumbass linemen so that's a wash anyway.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON

That is all.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Colt McCoy'd

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle special teams completely failed that game. The 74 yard kickoff return, falling for the two punt receiver trick, and the fake punt. That fumble no-review was a blown call, cause Sherman recovered it, but in either case, Seattle never should have been in that position to begin. Our defense didn't get a sack or a turnover, which allowed Austin to throw all over us. The penalties keep racking up, too. This team is just sloppy. There's still talent but man they're crashing hard.

Jeff Fisher made some huge gambles and they paid off handsomely. Lucky bastard.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If anyone was wondering if watching your team minus the #1 WR, the #2 WR, the #1 TE, the #1 RG, the #1 corner, the #1 ROLB, #1 MLB, and the #1 LOLB was fun I can confirm it is not.

It looks like a third quarter preseason squad out there.

Vulgarian
Oct 2, 2011

Prozach posted:

The Seahawks aren't a very good football team and beating them is probably not a big deal this season except for schadenfreude. That's my analysis.

The Seahawks are playing exactly how teams do after winning the Super Bowl.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Kyle Orton is really bad

Look at how wrong you are yet again

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Colts got a shutout guys!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirk Cousins was pulled for Colt McCoy

:lol:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Redzone channel just said there was a bunch of screaming and yelling coming from the Bears' locker room hahaha

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Saints loving suck.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Ravens, obviously

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Jeremy Stoltz @BearReport
Ugly scene in #bears locker room right after game. Lots of yelling, players pulled out of room

lmao

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Intruder posted:

Kirk Cousins was pulled for Colt McCoy

:lol:

And Colt McCoy led them to victory

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Please reinjure your ribs, Greenway or if you won't pay attention on 4th down and forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Thank you, Cleveland Browns, for all those turnovers in the redzone.

(Also, Jags finally get a 100+ yard rusher in a game and they win. COINCIDENCE?!)

(Please go away, Gerhart.)

• Locked thread