Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I just assume he's trying to piss off his wife when he dresses like that.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bengals.com posted:

“He’s in the same predicament we’re all in,” says Gilberry of first-year defensive coordinator Paul Guenther. “This is our defense. We all have stock in it. You want to protect your stock. That’s what we’re trying to do.”

Gilberry showed just how valuable he thinks it is during Sunday’s 37-37 bloodbath against Carolina. Prone on the ground after being head butted without his helmet, blood pouring from a cut above his eyebrow that required five stitches and blood filling his eye, he checked back into the game after being helped off the field and finished. Later he absolved the guilty party because, “It’s football.”

“I just wanted to do what I could to help my team overcome the situation we got ourself in,” Gilberry says. “That’s all I could think about. I wasn’t worried about myself at that time. After the game I was.”

The doctors checked his cornea for scratches and his eyeball for abrasions and cleared him to go Thursday in limited fashion.
Wallace Gillberry has been awesome for us. I can think of at least 3 games where he made the big play to ensure the win. I don't understand why KC let him go.

It amazes me that this sort of injury doesn't happen more often.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope Rex gets into broadcasting.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rookie CBs almost always have little or no impact anyways. This year is kinda an oddity with Fuller and Verrett showing up right away. Even with them it's more that they have had a couple big games and otherwise avoided fuckups.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Please don't even joke about that.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Watching the Bengals this year has been a vivisection.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If anyone was wondering if watching your team minus the #1 WR, the #2 WR, the #1 TE, the #1 RG, the #1 corner, the #1 ROLB, #1 MLB, and the #1 LOLB was fun I can confirm it is not.

It looks like a third quarter preseason squad out there.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there any act more futile than calling out Jay "Are you talking?" Cutler?

It's so frustrating seeing like five minutes of Hue's crazy offense before everyone got hurt. I feel like a small child whose Christmas gift broke 10 minutes after opening.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Bengals today were so pathetic their WR got sacked.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just to add insult to injury it's pouring rain on the way to work and the kids are always little shits when it rains. 8:30 in the morning. Long day incoming.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You knew the Browns were going to lose the second people refered to one of their games as a trap and they weren't it.

Ohio team problems.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Position by position, KC is the better team except for Rivers

TE, WR, S, CB, QB

You are literally insane.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bengals will sweep Bal, get swept by Browns.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If the Bengals had half their injuries they'd be a 13-3 team.

I have a very strong feeling that the Bengals are going to beat the Ravens in a nailbiter. Just like I had a very strong feeling about NE and IND. The D-line was back to itself today and AFC:N games are always batshit crazy.

It's a huge game for the Bengals. They lose it and they'll be lucky to even be in the wildcard race by week 15.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Cowboys would be a great team to see win it all if they weren't the loving Cowboys. Seriously, put that roster on like any of 28 other teams and everyone would love them.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
AJ Green is telling teammates he's gonna play next week.

Seeing him with an injury is so depressing, you can tell he's dying to get back out there. It's 2014 and we don't have biotic toes. Get it together, scientists.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

three posted:

Injuries are bad, but there is a certain justice in a dumbass like Vontaze Burfict continually hurting himself being dirty.

I can see the logic in saying fans being punished for a guy playing dirty is justice.

If you're talking about for him let me tell you a tidbit I have learned as an educator. A punishment only works if people realize it's a punishment and why they've earned it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At least Something good happened today.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If Green has Turf Toe his playing next week is an incredibly bad idea. Those kinds of injuries can be career ending if not allowed to heal in the right way.

Thanks, I assume you're a doctor specializing in feet? You, know, like the guy you're contradicting.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This seriously looks like pewee football. Holy poo poo, these people are being paid to be professional receivers.

Puts the recent Bengals in perspective.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 20, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I had an exclusive skype interview with Giovani Benard, it was enlightening.

quote:

How much of the game was it receivers not winning battles or how much of it was protection or was it just all of it?

Ow.

You go from not having A.J. Green last week and getting 500 yards, to this week where you can barely get 100. How is that such a swing?

... ... Ow.

It was pretty quiet on the sidelines there in the second half, even when you guys were still in it. Is there a guy you look to to do that rallying cry for you guys?

Do you have any Toradol?

You guys and those guys, just a bad combination of everything?

*coughs weakly*

Is this one of those that you kind of tried everything you had in your book but couldn't get anything to end up going?

I think they put a jersey on one of the injury carts and ran it over me a few times. I feel like that was a factor.

What is your confidence in your team’s ability to win and where does that come?

Do you see that bright light?

Do you feel like you guys handled the blitz?

It's nice, I think I'll go check it out.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

deathsuxdontdie posted:

I'm happy for the Cardinals fans in the area because the Phoenix metro area is a poo poo hole and nobody's happy here, so it gives people something to be happy about, but I'll be damned if I'm going to go get stabbed over a football game after paying 200 dollars for a ticket.

Come to Paul Brown. I saw a Steelers fan with a broken nose but that was the worst.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This has been the worst week of football.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha. I wonder why they "forgot" cash.

*Looks expectantly at Stevenson* Dude I don't have any cash. *Pregnant pause*

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

say no to bats posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is some pro as gently caress asci art. What is that, Katakana?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Looks like a classic fencing response to me

That's v(ღ)v

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is why I get so pissed when the Bengals poo poo a game away. It's not the Browns who benefit.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There are a lot of skinny Kentuckians at Bengals games.

On an unrelated note, finish this sentence: "Faces of ____________."

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I prefer the "hosed generation."

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There are two football questions I would most like to have answered. The first is what would happen if Carson's knee hadn't gone kerflooie in the 06 postseason. The second is what would have happened to Akili Smith if the Bengals had been a real franchise when they drafted him.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Akili was pretty poo poo so not much.

Chicken or egg.

Akili had poo poo support and a candidate for the worst coaching in football history. Their HC resigned after week 3.

Their replacement was Dick Lebeau, you can imagine his offensive input. Ken Anderson was his offensive coordinator.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For quarterback play? Yeah he's prob the #2. For coaching? Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If Andy Dalton had Mohammed Sanu's passing efficiency he would have set the all time TD record in week 16 of his sophomore season.

:v:

• Locked thread