Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Gonna be the Twin-tail!! is a show where a guy named Ranma Saotome fights Power Ranger villains who are all massive Otaku.

This Lizard bro likes dolls.

The weirdo on the left seems to like nurse outfits, the Fox dude maybe likes giant ribbons. RIP Lizard bro in the center

Turtle guy here is into bloomers. The monsters battle to see who gets to go fight the hero. Heroine. They're trying to suck the love of things out of people for sustenance or something. And the main character uses his love of pigtails to transform into a short superhero girl to fight them. This honestly makes no sense and it shouldn't be a tenth of how entertaining it actual is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
This thread gives me mixed feelings
about twintails

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is twintail obsession actually a thing or did someone invent being obsessed with them in order to make new kind of otakudom to exploit? The world may never know (it knows, it's the latter).

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Pyronic posted:

This thread gives me mixed feelings
about twintails

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I expected nothing from this show. It's given me something, and I don't think it's the clap.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

i really enjoyed the epic battle in the second episode. tailred really captured my heart with how she turned everything around on the bad guy in the end, though

Oh, and also this show's basically incredible.

His late dad also wanting to be a magical girl, oh my god

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation

The Devil Tesla posted:

Is twintail obsession actually a thing or did someone invent being obsessed with them in order to make new kind of otakudom to exploit? The world may never know (it knows, it's the latter).

It is actually a thing.

http://twintail-japan.com/

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have a feeling that this thread will nosedive pre-tty soon...

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Episode 2 had way too much exposition, and it really showed its LN roots. Every time we go back to the badguys, it's a riot. The final battle had me laughing all the way through the credits.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

pigtails: offensive word compared to the majestic beauty of twintails? c/d

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's almost as offensive an name as ponytail being literally called horsetail in some countries.

organism
Sep 30, 2005
organism

The Devil Tesla posted:

Tits and asses are played out. When literally every show has panty shots and boob jiggle you have to get increasingly obscure and specific to stand out. I like to think of this as long tail fetishism. This results in weird crap like obsessing over zettai ryouiki or unaji. And, of course, tentacles... lots and lots of tentacles.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

this is so loving stupid

why did i watch two episodes?

oh wait i just answered my own question huh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

pigtails: offensive word compared to the majestic beauty of twintails? c/d

my .rear end with all mentions of twintails changed to pigtails will be out soon :nms:

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 17, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Whoever in the Fall thread guessed that episode two would have Souji dealing with being a girl was wrong as gently caress.

And whats wrong with pigtals?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Potsticker posted:

And whats wrong with pigtals?

:shrug:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

僕もピグテイルになります

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Potsticker posted:

僕もピグテイルになります

:frogout:

So this is the Ranma 1/2 for the twenty-first century, huh?

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Finished the first episode.

Oh god, why do I feel compelled to watch the second one as well?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Wark Say posted:

:frogout:

So this is the Ranma 1/2 for the twenty-first century, huh?

I imagine if Ranma 1/2 was pitched as a story idea today, Twintail is what it would be turned into.

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014
I wish more show were like this.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
This is a very good anime because it realizes how stupid the premise is and totally runs with it.

Can't wait to see the secret base :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
This is an extremely dumb show, but it's great because it's also extremely self-aware. I'm loving every single moment of it.

Drutten
Mar 30, 2011
Interdimensional nerd-monsters have come to steal our love for twintails! Amazing premise, awesome show! Big thanks for this thread -- I never would've heard of this show without it.

And then there's Shirobako, Shingeki no Bahamut, Gugure! Kokkuri-san! and Amagi Brilliant Park... It looks like this is going to be a great season for all kinds of comedies.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

This is actually a super serious show about how some people get so obsessed over their fetishes that they become monsters and that only through self acceptance can we channel those desires into helping others and bettering the world.

Drutten
Mar 30, 2011
Or turn into a little girl and cut the monsters in half with a huge honking sword so they explode, that seems to work too!

This show just might be an allegory of the traditional Japanese approach to therapy.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Potsticker posted:

This is actually a super serious show about how some people get so obsessed over their fetishes that they become monsters and that only through self acceptance can we channel those desires into helping others and bettering the world.

No it's about a bunch of lonely otaku who were just going about their business and indulging their passions without hurting anyone until some crazy chick with red hair started murdering them en masse.

She must be stopped before she kills again.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Super Jay Mann posted:

No it's about a bunch of lonely otaku who were just going about their business and indulging their passions without hurting anyone until some crazy chick with red hair started murdering them en masse.

She must be stopped before she kills again.

Tailred is the tumblr SJW destroying the harmless, pure fun of otaku who just want to be left alone. :qq:

You can tell because she's actually a boy even though he presents as a cute girl.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

This is the actual show the animators in Shirobako are making. I don't think I can accept any other explanation.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Potsticker posted:

My headcanon is that it takes place in the One-Punch Man universe.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
I'd say this is probably the best dumb show of the season.
http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=rNAGT1h1GFo&video_start=50&audio=N3472Q6kvg0&audio_start=115

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rexides posted:

My headcanon is that it takes place in the One-Punch Man universe.

If you use the term headcanon, you are probably an elemerian.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Dear God, Souji's mom is something else. :yikes:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

graybook posted:

Dear God, Souji's mom is something else. :yikes:

I wish she was something else. Her and Twoearl/Tuoarle/Twirl/Whatever are the most LN characters on the show and the worst.

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
She gave up her superhero dreams after getting knocked up, have some respect. :v:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

bubblegumbo0 posted:

She gave up her superhero dreams after getting knocked up, have some respect. :v:

That gag was pretty funny I'll admit. Both of his parents wanting to be a "Red"(Aka) of a superhero team, until they had a baby. (Akachan)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

She has my respect for calling out the resident tsundere on her feet dragging.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Three episode test successful, this IS the best anime adaptation of GARO, silly on a Nyaruko-level and inoffensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

This is the silly earnestness that I wish more anime had. Poor Blue, don't worry if the internet has anything to say you'll have your creepy fans. Speakig of which the fact that they touch on the use of media is actually kind of clever on the world's obsessiveness with Tailred over finding ways to fight the Guildys.

• Locked thread