Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm kind of wanting to check out this show because I like stupid premises taken to comedic extremes, but there is a fear in me that this thread is just trying to pull a long troll and I'll be walking into Cross Ange turned up to 11 or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Apparently there's some sort of positive correlation between dumb and awesome.

edit: I've run some calculations, and it appears that it's not quite so simple. If my theory is correct, we can expect the dumb to continue to increase, but the awesome to level off, then decrease. The scientific graph below illustrates my disturbing findings.

This is a good theory, I would like to know more.

AfroSquirrel posted:

Topic title is truly an accurate representation of the show.

I didn't think it would be quite so accurate, honestly!

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

PerrineClostermann posted:

Man, these first few minutes are so slideshow. The voices are so earnest and the face so blank and unmoving.

e: Holy poo poo still had a lot of dumb fun. God I love this show more than I should.

Yeah, this show would be even better if it weren't so drat talky.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Monkey Man posted:

Yeah, this show would be even better if it weren't so drat talky.

It's pretty obvious they had no budget for this episode. Two cases of rather extreme quality, lots of stills, and lots of talking to cover up lack of action. Unfortunate; imagine how ridiculous this could be with a budget.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

chumbler posted:

I'm kind of wanting to check out this show because I like stupid premises taken to comedic extremes, but there is a fear in me that this thread is just trying to pull a long troll and I'll be walking into Cross Ange turned up to 11 or some poo poo.
Episode 3 had some creepy bits and the show in general likes its camera angles to fixate on rear end, but I'm enjoying the poo poo out of this. Seriously watch it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

PerrineClostermann posted:

It's pretty obvious they had no budget for this episode. Two cases of rather extreme quality, lots of stills, and lots of talking to cover up lack of action. Unfortunate; imagine how ridiculous this could be with a budget.

There's been a lack of budget throughout so far. It's probably the worst part of the show, though it does keep the creep factor down as well.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
All the budget goes to luscious twintails, as it should.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

This thread needs more budget as well.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
This episode's budget was spent entirely on Red's victory scene.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
"I tip my ribbons to you, good sir" was a brilliant bit of localization.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
That twintail super saiyan thing from draguildy was amazing.

What are they gonna do now that the big bad is already defeated 4 episodes in though? Are they just gonna play the ressurection twintail love thing straight? I guess that would be the obvious thing, but seems a little too straightforward and predictable.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

chumbler posted:

Its not really. Like a running joke so far is that you'd think something is going to turn horrible but they just default to touching hair. Pretty much everything seems to be making fun of otaku culture.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tailblue seemed genuinely disappointed that they just wanted to touch her hair.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

Tailblue seemed genuinely disappointed that they just wanted to touch her hair.

This whole thing just isn't turning out like she'd hoped.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Kylra posted:

What are they gonna do now that the big bad is already defeated 4 episodes in though? Are they just gonna play the ressurection twintail love thing straight? I guess that would be the obvious thing, but seems a little too straightforward and predictable.

Well, there seemed to be another Guildy in the preview, so there's gotta be more chumps to trump.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kylra posted:

Pretty sure that Dragon Guildy isn't the biggest bad in the Ultimaguil. IIRC I read something about his defeat being the end of the first book in the LN series. And Tail Yellow hasn't even shown up yet so there's got to be some badguys for her big guns to be useful on.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Potsticker posted:

Pretty sure that Dragon Guildy isn't the biggest bad in the Ultimaguil. IIRC I read something about his defeat being the end of the first book in the LN series. And Tail Yellow hasn't even shown up yet so there's got to be some badguys for her big guns to be useful on.

I'm willing to bet that Tail Yellow's gear will somehow be made from Draguildy's remains

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

AfroSquirrel posted:

I'm willing to bet that Tail Yellow's gear will somehow be made from Draguildy's remains
Of course it twin tail.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

AfroSquirrel posted:

I'd be shocked if anyone believed otherwise, especially given Masked Twin-Tail's exposition on how the Red Tail Gear was created.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Hopefully we get some power ranger style baddies next, who transform into giant monsters rampaging across the city, tying girls hair into ponytails or applying specific colors of nailpolish and other inane poo poo.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Putting ribbons on twin towers.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I just noticed that the last TWINTAIL in the thread title is missing a T in the middle.

chumbler posted:

You will like this show, but you'll have to give it a few episodes for it to really crank up the lunacy. Don't worry, it has a looooooooooooooong way to go before it becomes anything like Cross Ange.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

SSNeoman posted:

I just noticed that the last TWINTAIL in the thread title is missing a T in the middle.

:livintrope:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It's subtle commentary on the low budget nature of this show. :smug:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The first twintail is missing the "twi" part too

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

There's something off about the title's grammar too, but I can't put my finger on it.

SSNeoman posted:

You will like this show, but you'll have to give it a few episodes for it to really crank up the lunacy. Don't worry, it has a looooooooooooooong way to go before it becomes anything like Cross Ange.

I don't know, the first episode is pretty crazy on its own. The show pretty much immediately puts all its cards on the table and if you're in then you're in.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

What it doesn't look like this for you guys? :confused:

nielsm fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 31, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

nielsm posted:

What it doesn't look like this for you guys? :confused:

Maybe they don't have plat and the newest version of Chrome?

My favorite part is the typo correcting itself. :laugh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Potsticker posted:

Wait this show is adapted from a light novel? It's so much dumb fun I thought it was an anime original, and also I have no idea how it would work in written form :psyduck:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mikl posted:

Wait this show is adapted from a light novel? It's so much dumb fun I thought it was an anime original, and also I have no idea how it would work in written form :psyduck:

Yeah. It's why art existed before the show. Fan art, I mean.

This might actually be official art, it looks rather well-drawn...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Never mind, for a second there I thought that was Tworle up there.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Those are all official art from the Light Novel series.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Potsticker posted:

Those are all official art from the Light Novel series.

poo poo. They should have gotten a budget for the show.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Uh oh, looks like Tail Black is the real villain of the show.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation

The dramatic MY TWINTAILS ARE WHAT LINKS US TOGETHER on the second image still cracks me up

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
I hope they have the balls to make a TAIL GREEN and make SEGA extremely angry.

Or get some sort of collaboration with each other for the sake of twintail fandom.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I'm really bummed out that Dragon Guildy is dead. He seemed like a pretty cool guy for an evil alien invader.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

So I guess we have a winner for this year's TWGOK Award For Awful Premises Executed Amazingly

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If I won the powerball I'd go to Japan and have this made a live-action dark serious GARO-like series ASAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Prediction: The show will turn to poo poo next episode. First Blue and then Red were unmasked on the field this episode, and of course Yellow will have managed to take recordings of that with her invisible drones or something. She then turns obsessive possessive (forcing herself into the role as Tail Yellow along the way) and everything becomes a horrible romcom.

• Locked thread