Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

If the gameplay in this game is fun, I will play it. I'm pretty radical like that :mrgw:

I can't wait to see the MRA edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hat Red

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

Muttonchips posted:

Playing Postal 2 right now and so far the graphics haven't been a hindrance as much as the fact that headshots don't insta-kill (at least without cheats apparently there's a cheatcode for this) and there's no weapon reload.

Game itself is hilarious though. Something awful about setting someone on fire then peeing on them to put it out.

Is the original worth checking out at all?

The original doesn't really play its premise for comedy except for the marching band and a level with emus. I guess if you like isometric shooters and a tense, heavy atmosphere that isn't really played out as a horror game, it's worth checking out? Whatever you do, stay away from the third.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
at the end it turns out he's hallucinating and he's not executing people, he's holding doors open for people and giving homeless people change

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Muttonchips posted:

Playing Postal 2 right now and so far the graphics haven't been a hindrance as much as the fact that headshots don't insta-kill (at least without cheats apparently there's a cheatcode for this) and there's no weapon reload.

Game itself is hilarious though. Something awful about setting someone on fire then peeing on them to put it out.

Its really lovely because the controls suck and everyone can take like twelve shotgun shells to the face so the gunplay is boring as hell.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
it actually looks well made. I probably won't be able to buy it (even the South Park game was too much for the Australian ratings board) but I'll download and play it and probably enjoy it without killing anyone irl

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i bought manhunt for the ps2 before australia banned it i dont think its banned anymore though australia is pretty lovely in a lot of ways

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

lonesomedwarf posted:

i bought manhunt for the ps2 before australia banned it i dont think its banned anymore though australia is pretty lovely in a lot of ways
Illegal in Australia.

:nws:

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Al Cowens - angered by a government ban on pedo anime.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

lynch_69 you're a creep who stalked some goonettes around the internet i don't think you can point fingers at people

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Fluo posted:

lynch_69 you're a creep who stalked some goonettes around the internet i don't think you can point fingers at people

This is news to me. I'm sure you have well documented evidence of this.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

lynch_69 posted:

Beat it, dingus!

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

This is what you get for making fun of anime pedos in GBS

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I hope the gameplay turns out to be really good so that people have no choice but to acknowledge it and maybe the media will freak out in a fun way

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Agnostalgia posted:

Its really lovely because the controls suck and everyone can take like twelve shotgun shells to the face so the gunplay is boring as hell.

Yeah- ugh I want a modern shooter to do this. A FPS- get that polyhexahederal nonsense outta here IMO.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!

A big flaming stink posted:

its just a videogame that has you murdering a shitload of people, minus the excuse from other games that makes it "okay."
Like I need an excuse to murder virtual people.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
is there anyone who DOESN'T murder their Sims on the regular?

Welp I'm tired of grandma hanging around the house...maybe it's time she took a little SWIM...

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

is there anyone who DOESN'T murder their Sims on the regular?

Welp I'm tired of grandma hanging around the house...maybe it's time she took a little SWIM...

they really need to add suicide into the game. along with incentives to drive your enemies to suicide with elaborate count of monte cristo style plots.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
There is nothing HATRED can make me feel that locking a sim in a 1x1 room to watch them slowly die hasn't made me feel already.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

Muttonchips posted:

The original is actually quite a lot like Hatred. It has an isometric perspective and the mood is a whole lot darker compared to the sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umR1-3q-rPw

Ninja fetus fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 22, 2014

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I think that being trapped in a pool and unable to leave because all the edges are surrounded with garden gnomes is far more sadistic than shooting a guy in the face or w/e

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

lynch_69 posted:

Low-rent try-hard LF reject and stalker. You're a basic bitch.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Al Cowens posted:

Low-rent try-hard LF reject and stalker. You're a basic bitch.

Lots of big words with nothing to back them up, as usual. You could at least try and photoshop some fake posts like you did last time, dipshit. Also, just by your posts in this thread you've outed yourself as an anime pedo apologist.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lynch_69 posted:

Lots of big words with nothing to back them up, as usual. You could at least try and photoshop some fake posts like you did last time, dipshit. Also, just by your posts in this thread you've outed yourself as an anime pedo apologist.

:words:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

fight one anime pedo you fight us all

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Muttonchips posted:

The controls are incredibly bad I don't know why they were made the way they were.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Muttonchips posted:

Are you playing the Steam version? Because I'm pretty sure they fixed headshots to be at least somewhat more deadly in that one. In the original pre-Steam version you could literally shoot an armed enemy (cop, terrorist, person who hates you) in the face with the shotgun like a dozen times and they'd never die. Increasing the difficulty actually increased the number of point-blank headshots you had to do to kill somebody.

Of course, there's still the issue where if an armed enemy is lit on fire they'll just fan away the flames if they've gone aggro on you which is annoying.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Single ? How surprising.

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

Someone make a new game like Harvester please.

Do this but dont do the same ending but do include the bit about children(theyre parasites).

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

There is a enemy in Postal 2 that is a dude dressed as a scrotum that is resistant to almost all forms of damage but very weak to kicking.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

katlington posted:

Do this but dont do the same ending but do include the bit about children(theyre parasites).

The ending is the funniest part tho

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

The ending is the funniest part tho

No arguments there.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Someone splice it with this plz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OYZ04mCGCo

cant be bothered to do it myself. Thanks ahead and god bless

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
Nothing will top the navy seal mix so no gently caress you

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

sydney huh

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
gendercide up not down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Fandyien posted:

there was a big thread on /r/gaming where thousands of comments pitched ideas for an assassin's creed game where you play as an SS officer. tons of ppl were creaming themselves over it but honestly "hit A to encourage latvians to murder a thousand children" sounds like a limited gameplay mechanic

latvians never needed much encouragement

• Locked thread