Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Was there an official announcement somewhere where the "sweeps week" mods were referred to as "Idiot Kings" or did someone just refer to them as that and it caught on as part of an organic process?

Up until I saw it spelled out a little while ago I thought "IK" stood for "Interim [K word I couldn't guess]"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i admit i had to look it up on cyclopedia

scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005
FYAD has had IK's for over a decade

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
When ralp asked me if I wanted to be the ik of gbs, I said ok.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

no they will not posted:

You broke so easily! Glares at Ralp...

E: Now that ralp changed my name I feel like I should be posting as a poor leprechaun. Is that a thing?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

no they will not posted:

So what's the endgame plan for this 5 posts a day thing? Or is it a secret?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

no they will not posted:

Lmao wait you didn't pay to be IK?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
poo poo I thought IK had something to do with Iggy Koopa cuz he's always pulling some kind of shenanigan

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

exspurt analcyst posted:

poo poo I thought IK had something to do with Iggy Koopa cuz he's always pulling some kind of shenanigan

Mods please change the official definition of "IK" to "Iggy Koopa" and please be sure to include the word "shennanigan."

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Applewhite posted:

It makes it more fun to post and less easyfor miserable self loathing meme acronym users to put down roots in a single thread

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Applewhite posted:

yeah it will be something like "the experiment failed!" as gbs reverts back to hugbox rules and fyad will all high five each other that they orchestrated a masterstroke of destroying that wile gibbis

should be a real surprise!

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME

Applewhite posted:

Mods please change the official definition of "IK" to "Iggy Koopa" and please be sure to include the word "shennanigan."

Also, stop supporting rapist Trekkies.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

rezatahs posted:

yeah it will be something like "the experiment failed!" as gbs reverts back to hugbox rules and fyad will all high five each other that they orchestrated a masterstroke of destroying that wile gibbis

Er, wtf are you talking about mate.

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007

no they will not posted:

Er, wtf are you talking about mate.

He thinks there's a cabal of Fyad posters that pull strings on puppets, I wouldn't know, every time I go there, it's an ugly ugly place with stupid loving in jokes.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

greg sexyvibes posted:

He thinks there's a cabal of Fyad posters that pull strings on puppets, I wouldn't know, every time I go there, it's an ugly ugly place with stupid loving in jokes.

...O_o

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

greg sexyvibes posted:

:eyepop:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
:tinfoil:

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

greg sexyvibes posted:

Also, stop supporting rapist Trekkies.

That was Redshirt you dick and he wasn't an IK he was a mod

greg sexyvibes posted:

Making friends I see.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

rezatahs posted:

hahha

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

fyad are the jews of somethingawful. weird humor, run everything from behind the shadows, intent on destroying the aryan gbs reich

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
Don't be quoting me like I believe it. I'm just telling you what's up. So is sassing these Internet Kings gonna get me probated? I AM BRAWW popped my cherry and I been goin dumb.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

how come they dont have icons and if they do have icons what is wrong with my browser

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

fyad are the jews of somethingawful. weird humor, run everything from behind the shadows, intent on destroying the aryan gbs reich

nah its more they are the brown shirts(SA?:tinfoil:) to the mods nazi party, here to bang things up a bit before we all get gassed

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was wondering why I had all these extra buttons I don't want to be an idiot king how do I undo?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

DrPlump posted:

I was wondering why I had all these extra buttons I don't want to be an idiot king how do I undo?

you look good

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

Was there an official announcement somewhere where the "sweeps week" mods were referred to as "Idiot Kings" or did someone just refer to them as that and it caught on as part of an organic process?

Up until I saw it spelled out a little while ago I thought "IK" stood for "Interim [K word I couldn't guess]"

thanks for telling everyone your dumb as hell.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Joke's on you because now you look dumb for not knowing everybody else was well aware long before this thread.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

Joke's on you because now you look dumb for not knowing everybody else was well aware long before this thread.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
cucked of iq, ik reigns as a king amongst kings. see: preliminary intelligence screenings - law enforcement

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Izumi Konata posted:

cucked of iq, ik reigns as a king amongst kings. see: preliminary intelligence screenings - law enforcement

didn't rhyme
3/7

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
it was originally called Luv Gangsters, because the "batting in the light" verse was originally:

"pistols on the sides,
luv gangsters on the rise, yeah.
pistols on the sides,
luv gangsters on the rise."

Now that you have learned something about mike doughty go forth and post happily before GBS again becomes a terrible cesspool of megathreads and MS paint poo poo shows.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

power disproportionate to their numbers, devout ones stay home and study the twitter rather than work, have killed thousands of palestinians

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
idg the big deal but if you really want to be ik just post in the gamer gate thread, that's where ralp is pulling them from

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

rezatahs posted:

gbs reverts back to hugbox rules

I hope not, that would be a real downer

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Thought it was "Internet Kings".

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Helical Nightmares posted:

Thought it was "Internet Kings".

why do so many people say this or "Internet Knight"........ its always been Idiot King...basically forever.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
You see the abbreviation "IK" then try to fill in what it stands for based on sentence context. :shrug:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

lesbian baphomet posted:

why do so many people say this or "Internet Knight"........ its always been Idiot King...basically forever.

When Ralp was an IK (back in the early historical period when we first reg'd), he had a star that read "Internet Knight". In retrospect, that should have been a clear warning sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Effectronica posted:

When Ralp was an IK (back in the early historical period when we first reg'd), he had a star that read "Internet Knight". In retrospect, that should have been a clear warning sign.

Who knighted him? Who was the Internet Queen? Abe?

• Locked thread