Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy
gently caress I'm serious posting again

Isn't this a textbook case of gendered expectations? Like the dude brought the chick back to the room now she's obligated to gently caress him. Sort of regardless of the spandex double standard(lol), as a person she totally has a right to say no thanks. You can argue tact, but I don't think you can knock someone for backing out of the no pants dance.

The spandex thing is a preference issue. If you feel cheated by someone wearing it, don't gently caress, go home and don't see them again. That should be totally fine by any sort of reasonable person standard. If the dude with a gunt wants to rock swamp rear end and a compression unitard, that's fine. But he shouldn't expect surprise when his partners have to dig for the d and aren't into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

da411onCLassy posted:

I do what i can, and for the rest there's Spanx

is that their ad slogan? it sounds like one.

Mommyblog Mindy
Apr 6, 2012

power is power

Romes posted:

If you need more help than a run around the block... Then you absolutely need to start running around the block. Spanx is nothing more than a lie. Eat healthy, limit your calories (can find calorie calculators online for what you should intake given your age/weight/frequency of exercise), and exercise at least a few times a week.

People always think it's a crazy amount of hard work, but it's really just a regiment with (from my perspective) the only downside feeling repetitive every now and then. I personally think it's a crazier amount of hard work to wear a body suit and essentially lie to a date, then have to go through the uncomfortable matter of trying to 'ignore it' when you take it off, or to try to explain it, while seeing the disappointment in their face.

Do the calorie apps tell you how much weight to lose or is that just something people know (i do not know how much to lose in relation to inches on my body etc)

Mommyblog Mindy
Apr 6, 2012

power is power

ThisGuy posted:

Isn't this a textbook case of gendered expectations? Like the dude brought the chick back to the room now she's obligated to gently caress him. Sort of regardless of the spandex double standard(lol), as a person she totally has a right to say no thanks. You can argue tact, but I don't think you can knock someone for backing out of the no pants dance.

The spandex thing is a preference issue. If you feel cheated by someone wearing it, don't gently caress, go home and don't see them again. That should be totally fine by any sort of reasonable person standard. If the dude with a gunt wants to rock swamp rear end and a compression unitard, that's fine. But he shouldn't expect surprise when his partners have to dig for the d and aren't into it

Hm i never even though of it that way, I guess he did expect me to put out. Yikes! Now I don't know if my apology text was a good idea. I should have waited till the end of the thread to send it but I felt bad...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
seriously the thread title sounds like some sort of topic point on ABC's good morning america after george stephanopoulos talks about ebola for a bit

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Romes posted:

If you need more help than a run around the block... Then you absolutely need to start running around the block. Spanx is nothing more than a lie. Eat healthy, limit your calories (can find calorie calculators online for what you should intake given your age/weight/frequency of exercise), and exercise at least a few times a week.

People always think it's a crazy amount of hard work, but it's really just a regiment with (from my perspective) the only downside feeling repetitive every now and then. I personally think it's a crazier amount of hard work to wear a body suit and essentially lie to a date, then have to go through the uncomfortable matter of trying to 'ignore it' when you take it off, or to try to explain it, while seeing the disappointment in their face.

I bet you have a visible panty line and look like poo poo in a silk mermaid gown.

Mommyblog Mindy
Apr 6, 2012

power is power

mr.capps posted:

seriously the thread title sounds like some sort of topic point on ABC's good morning america after george stephanopoulos talks about ebola for a bit

In the post-twitter world, being unable to come up with a catchy thread title is a glaring sign of low IQ amongst other things.

Romes
Jun 18, 2003

da411onCLassy posted:

So you would turn away a Spanx wearer??

It depends on how deceptive the lie is. I'm fit and looking for a fit girl. So if she had an extra 10 pounds but we got along well, I wouldn't turn her away. I'm a more direct person though so I would probably want to have a talk about how the spanx are a little misleading.

Now if she has inches of fat and a gut when it did not appear before, yes, I absolutely would... because to me that is "false advertising" to an extent greater than putting on some blush, concealer, etc. For me, I have to be attracted to someone I want to be with / sleep with. You can wear spanx all day, but the moment you take them off it's over because I more than likely won't be attracted to you physically. There's nothing rude/mean/etc about it. It just is what it is. I know the type I'm attracted to, which is why I seek fit looking girls, which makes the spanx lie even more amplified if you're actually rather overweight.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
This thread would be way more interesting if it were about spanking (the new craze!)

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

This thread would be way more interesting if it were about spanking (the new craze!)

No spanks if you Spanx

Mommyblog Mindy
Apr 6, 2012

power is power

Romes posted:

It depends on how deceptive the lie is. I'm fit and looking for a fit girl. So if she had an extra 10 pounds but we got along well, I wouldn't turn her away. I'm a more direct person though so I would probably want to have a talk about how the spanx are a little misleading.

Now if she has inches of fat and a gut when it did not appear before, yes, I absolutely would... because to me that is "false advertising" to an extent greater than putting on some blush, concealer, etc. For me, I have to be attracted to someone I want to be with / sleep with. You can wear spanx all day, but the moment you take them off it's over because I more than likely won't be attracted to you physically. There's nothing rude/mean/etc about it. It just is what it is. I know the type I'm attracted to, which is why I seek fit looking girls, which makes the spanx lie even more amplified if you're actually rather overweight.

But what is overweight anyway? I fit into small sized clothes but only if i put on spanx first to get everything shifted around so I can zip them etc.

Romes
Jun 18, 2003

da411onCLassy posted:

Do the calorie apps tell you how much weight to lose or is that just something people know (i do not know how much to lose in relation to inches on my body etc)

They have an option you can select for extreme weight loss, maintaining your current weight, etc.

***Note that you should NOT go under the extreme weight loss amount as this will send your body in to starvation mode when it doesn't get enough calories. Thus, shutting down your metabolism and holding the calories you do have (i.e. not losing any weight).

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
alternative thread titles:

Spanx, but no Spanx

The Riddle of the Spanx

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

well, massive wealth inequality and ebola are also the new normal, so maybe spanx is the new those things.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

So long and spanx for all the fishes

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

da411onCLassy posted:

LOSe weight unitl your body stops looking gross

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Shapewear is good and cool even if you are physically fit and I highly recommend it.

Romes
Jun 18, 2003

da411onCLassy posted:

But what is overweight anyway? I fit into small sized clothes but only if i put on spanx first to get everything shifted around so I can zip them etc.

This varies from person to person. I consider someone to just have a few extra if they don't have a flat stomach, which again is fine if I like you. Now I consider someone overweight if they have what I would consider a fairly large gut, double chin, bigger arms or legs than me, etc.

It's really hard to quantify because bodies come in all shapes and sizes.

Mommyblog Mindy
Apr 6, 2012

power is power

Romes posted:

They have an option you can select for extreme weight loss, maintaining your current weight, etc.

***Note that you should NOT go under the extreme weight loss amount as this will send your body in to starvation mode when it doesn't get enough calories. Thus, shutting down your metabolism and holding the calories you do have (i.e. not losing any weight).

Sounds a lot more complicated than wearing spanx and going about my day

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

they should call t he mens ones spunx

also holy poo poo those things are a bit pricey. no wonder that lady who made them is rolling in fat money

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
i hope the person that invented the word spanx sees their children die and buries them on a cold autumn day

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I recommend maidenform if you're going all-out for Halloween or Uniqlo if you're on a budget.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Trixie Hardcore posted:

No spanks if you Spanx

Spanxing the Monkey: the terrible and heart-wrenching tale of Curious George's battle with weight loss

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Al Cowens posted:

I recommend maidenform if you're going all-out for Halloween or Uniqlo if you're on a budget.

"maidenform" is the spell loki uses when he transforms into a woman

Romes
Jun 18, 2003

da411onCLassy posted:

Sounds a lot more complicated than wearing spanx and going about my day

It really isn't. Everyone says that about the whole idea of losing weight. OMG I have to count calories??? OMG I have to look something up? But these are things you literally do one time, and then you 'know.' For example, I've only ever ONE time looked at the label for my bread. From then on for the rest of my life I know 2 slices of regular bread are 160 calories. They're things you just pick up while you're doing them, not some crazy research assignment.

...At the end of the day it's what you want more. Do you really want to be healthy (most important), fit, and the most attractive you? Or do you want to continue hating what you see in the mirror so much that it drives you to wear something to make you feel better about your own body?

The even bigger lie, than to someone you're dating, is the lie you're feeding yourself.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Romes posted:

It really isn't. Everyone says that about the whole idea of losing weight. OMG I have to count calories??? OMG I have to look something up? But these are things you literally do one time, and then you 'know.' For example, I've only ever ONE time looked at the label for my bread. From then on for the rest of my life I know 2 slices of regular bread are 160 calories. They're things you just pick up while you're doing them, not some crazy research assignment.

...At the end of the day it's what you want more. Do you really want to be healthy (most important), fit, and the most attractive you? Or do you want to continue hating what you see in the mirror so much that it drives you to wear something to make you feel better about your own body?

The even bigger lie, than to someone you're dating, is the lie you're feeding yourself.

oh word?

Mommyblog Mindy
Apr 6, 2012

power is power

Romes posted:

:negative: why is this about me all of a sudden? i just wanted to know about Mens Spanx...

Romes
Jun 18, 2003

da411onCLassy posted:

:negative: why is this about me all of a sudden? i just wanted to know about Mens Spanx...

You asked about losing weight and if spanx would be easier for your daily life. I don't think spanx would be easier for anyone (nor healthier).

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

da411onCLassy posted:

seriouspost: a man should try hard to look good, but also try to make it look like he isn't trying, like it's the result of his lifestyle, not the purpose of it. men wearing spanx is a tryhard lie. don't trust a man wearing spanx, because he's vain but lazy, and what you want is hard working and secretly vain but really nonchalant about it

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
wtf is shapewear

Romes
Jun 18, 2003

ReidRansom posted:

seriouspost: a man should try hard to look good, but also try to make it look like he isn't trying, like it's the result of his lifestyle, not the purpose of it. men wearing spanx is a tryhard lie. don't trust a man wearing spanx, because he's vain but lazy, and what you want is hard working and secretly vain but really nonchalant about it

So by this result women who wear spanx are vain but lazy, and not hard working?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Romes posted:

yah like all women

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Romes posted:

you suck and probably should shut up soon

Mommyblog Mindy
Apr 6, 2012

power is power

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

wtf is shapewear

:nws: ??

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
fat girl op you should probably call that man back bc he wants to look good for you and you probbly cant get someone better well see ya have a good one

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
wait ... there is underwear that makes you look better? whoa

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm going jogging in an hour! How does that make all the men in this thread feel. Deeply onadequate!?

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

Harime Nui posted:

I'm going jogging in an hour! How does that make all the men in this thread feel. Deeply onadequate!?

it makes my rod hard

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

one of those does not appear to be like the other two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

ThisGuy posted:

I didnt read this thread but when I scrolled back to the top to click on GBS I noticed the "serious posting" and so I read your post

I'll dissect it piece by piece despite not knowing any context

1) Isn't this a textbook case of gendered expectations? Like the dude brought the chick back to the room now she's obligated to gently caress him.

lol what

2) Sort of regardless of the spandex double standard(lol), as a person she totally has a right to say no thanks. You can argue tact, but I don't think you can knock someone for backing out of the no pants dance.

hmmm once you go to someones room under the pretense to gently caress them maybe you shoudl gently caress ? lol even if there are spanx perhaps you should pity gently caress. also keep in mind condoms are rude

3) The spandex thing is a preference issue. If you feel cheated by someone wearing it, don't gently caress, go home and don't see them again. That should be totally fine by any sort of reasonable person standard. If the dude with a gunt wants to rock swamp rear end and a compression unitard, that's fine. But he shouldn't expect surprise when his partners have to dig for the d and aren't into it

the bold part is NOT fine, mostly because it isnt fine.

the rest of it leads me to believe someone is shaming the OP for not loving this dude or leading him on or something and thats really dumb lol so I think you took non serious posts as serious posts and made your serious reply to nothing gj

anyways ttyl

• Locked thread