Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That last Luke Cage achievement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Do all pets grant bonuses from the same pool of stats, or do different pets give different stats?

(I guess what I'm asking is whether I should level up lil' Ultron)

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Irish Joe posted:

Do all pets grant bonuses from the same pool of stats, or do different pets give different stats?

They're all the same, and you don't need to have them out for the bonuses, just have em on your doll sheet.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Irish Joe posted:

Same pool. And yes you should

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

PurplieNurplie posted:

Are the achievements going to be retroactive?

What do you want to bet they'll be retroactive starting whenever they first started logging whatever the /playtime command accesses? So not back to launch but maybe to like a few months ago? I'll probably go for the power cosmic title if the data goes back far enough to when they first launched cosmic prestige which was April 1 right?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

davebo posted:

What do you want to bet they'll be retroactive starting whenever they first started logging whatever the /playtime command accesses? So not back to launch but maybe to like a few months ago? I'll probably go for the power cosmic title if the data goes back far enough to when they first launched cosmic prestige which was April 1 right?

I can't imagine the power cosmic would be hard, since it'll just look at your roster and see if you have 5 level 60 yellows. Nothing to really track.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

davebo posted:

I mean, it'll have to be retroactive for anything that you can't do again. So, reaching 60, reaching certain prestiges, beating story chapters on certain difficulties, unlocking waypoints, leveling crafters, etc.

I think anything that you CAN do again, you'll have to, but I doubt that'll include something like 5 cosmic 60s because (A) it's easier to track than 1000 Kurse kills or whatever and (B) in THEORY, someone could lock themselves out of getting it for months if they had their entire roster cosmic 60'd.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Is the game good yet

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm thinking about playing this again - I never even got through a normal mode playthrough, let alone max level or anything.

But it appears to be down right now.

Otherwise, I only have Luke Cage and Squirrel Girl - if I max one of them, should I prestige them, or play through on the other one, or farm gear? OR what?
If you really liked playing one, keep playing them at 60 for a little while to get gear for them --- plus, you'll get more XP for Omega Points, and have a better toolkit with which to complete the various Shared Quests (for more loot + Omegas), which will be useful for those characters as well as anyone else you ever play.

If you REALLY loved leveling one, prestige. If not, try playing the other one, then when you get 175 splinters throw them at a Random box and slowly expand your roster / get a feel for what other playstyles you might like (since even people with similar kits to Luke play a little differently in the general 'melee bruiser' niche, etc.).

HUMAN FISH posted:

Is the game good yet
When did you play it last? Because if you played it a month ago and thought it was bad, not a lot has changed. But if you played it in beta: yes. Yes it is a good game now.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

Otherwise, I only have Luke Cage and Squirrel Girl - if I max one of them, should I prestige them, or play through on the other one, or farm gear? OR what?

It feels like the cop-out answer but honestly, do whichever of these you want. The only genuine benefit to prestiging is getting another copy of the default costume that you can grind 3 of to get a new random costume once your Crafter is at level 20(this will take awhile if you're just starting out).

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

HUMAN FISH posted:

Is the game good yet

It's ok.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Some Luke Cage Achievements:

:lol:

That's loving perfect.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Oh never mind I saw the review schedule, guess it might be in just 6-8 more months.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The only important thing to note is that you get a pretty big XP buff for characters at 60 (or prestiged.) It's like 30% with one, 75% with 4, and then 5% more up to 200.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I haven't played this game in months and am happy to see that Ghost Rider just got some improvements. What looks like a current good build for him?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

This game is dark.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I'll update the Waifu build today. I'm beyond pumped for all those spoilers.

I'll also take the top of page 3 for all my stuff to transfer over. Loza I see wants to reserve TTKs so thank you for that. Please promote that you need TTKs though so you can knock it out.

Play this game. It rules. I bought the Advancement Pack Dos. Deal with it. Iceman will be mines.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

HUMAN FISH posted:

Is the game good yet

Emma's getting QOL in a month or two

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Patch is downloading, when I wake up tomorrow it's time to go for the gold(yellow).

:getin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm thinking about playing this again - I never even got through a normal mode playthrough, let alone max level or anything.

But it appears to be down right now.

Don't listen to these weirdos about prestiging until you're much farther into the game(probably around the point you start using it as a crutch for untreated mental illness[es]). You benefit a lot more from having multiple 60s, both because of the huge experience buff and also character synergies.

Both of your characters are good though so that helps.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dang, 3 gig patch.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Patch is downloading, when I wake up tomorrow it's time to go for the gold(yellow).

:getin:

I like your style. Go for the gold! Cosmic today.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Don't listen to these weirdos about prestiging until you're much farther into the game(probably around the point you start using it as a crutch for untreated mental illness[es]). You benefit a lot more from having multiple 60s, both because of the huge experience buff and also character synergies.

Both of your characters are good though so that helps.

At least it's not alcohol.

Except when you do both!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Wow, 2.8GB patch on Steam. Wasn't expecting that large of an update.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

xZAOx posted:

Wow, 2.8GB patch on Steam. Wasn't expecting that large of an update.

Apparently they redid a bunch of back-end stuff we can't see, guessing it's in prep for Achievements since they need to be able to hook into a lot of different systems to make those work.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Check for datamine stuff. It is a huge patch.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
I just got into this game last week, got a Cyclops to level 20 pretty quickly. I'm completely terrible and don't understand anything, but Midtown Madness is crazy fun and the game is probably the best implementation of F2P I've ever seen. So far I've bought Cyc and the X-Force costume, so I've got $15 invested and I don't see the need or even want to spend anything else for a long time.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Bird Law posted:

I just got into this game last week, got a Cyclops to level 20 pretty quickly. I'm completely terrible and don't understand anything, but Midtown Madness is crazy fun and the game is probably the best implementation of F2P I've ever seen. So far I've bought Cyc and the X-Force costume, so I've got $15 invested and I don't see the need or even want to spend anything else for a long time.

Quoting this to show you next week when you're $100 in the hole and craving cards.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Bird Law posted:

Someone is going to tell you to cosmic Cyclops. Do not listen to this person.

But you're going to want to buy more stash space quickly (I recommend one crafting stash and 1-2 regular stashes to start with). A team up hero is nice too (or you can get one with eternity splinters (ES), but most people suggest saving those for characters.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Bird Law posted:

so I've got $15 invested and I don't see the need or even want to spend anything else for a long time.

You'll be blowing hundreds on advance packs before you know it bud

Edit: beaten like a red-headed phoenix child

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Oh God, I've ruined my life and I don't even know it yet. I can quit whenever I want to!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Remember kids, vote 1 She-Hulk for mayor, president and mother of the year.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

dont cosmic prestige cyclops because it is not fun.

That was a coded message. On a serious note,Cyke rules after this rework. Please ask questions when you need help and we will set you right.

For any new guys who want to play with goons, message me here or in game with your name. Bonus points if your name id either 3 letters or something dumb like Boomsaw or Magento.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Game decided to gently caress up with the whole "Invalid depot config" and it looks like I have to redownload everything. Thank you gaz.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Eiffel On You posted:

dont cosmic prestige cyclops because it is not fun.

That was a coded message. On a serious note,Cyke rules after this rework. Please ask questions when you need help and we will set you right.

For any new guys who want to play with goons, message me here or in game with your name. Bonus points if your name id either 3 letters or something dumb like Boomsaw or Magento.

This is gonna get asked, so I may as well do it: is there a solid leveling build? I have no interest in playing him at 60, but I may as well run him through a prestige to check out the new rework.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Aphrodite posted:

It doesn't matter what invulnerable means!

Let me tell ya something Jabroni. I'm gonna take that M'Kraan Crystal, shine it up real nice, turn it sideways, and stick it right up your candy rear end!

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

Let me tell ya something Jabroni. I'm gonna take that M'Kraan Crystal, shine it up real nice, turn it sideways, and stick it right up your candy rear end!

This would be so, so awesome.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Platypus Farm posted:

This is gonna get asked, so I may as well do it: is there a solid leveling build? I have no interest in playing him at 60, but I may as well run him through a prestige to check out the new rework.

Eckert put up a very nice build in our last thread of you happened to see it. Use his skills and artifacts can just be any Energy ones. Pyro medallion for easy access since you're just leveling. Brigands for the xp on Runeword.

Use jean or iceman for energy. Your main 3 skills are Focused Beam, Optic Devastation and Rick O Shea Blast, Irish Hero. The signature is one of my faves in game.

Nothing optimal here but you will crush through no problem. Cheers.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Platypus Farm posted:

Ricochet Blast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hard. Permanently that is.

Waifurine:

• Locked thread