Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

Really doubt I'll get a conclusive answer to this, but I'm curious.

As soon as the servers are up, I plan on getting on my Cosmic Rogue, going into Holo-sim, getting as high as I can, and opening a shitload of Midtown boxes I have saved from Monday. This is because I was informed that the "global" XP goes up as you get into the higher Holo Sim levels.

What I am curious about is, does that XP bonus stay around after the two deaths have gone off and the reward chest has spawned? I'd like to be able to go as far into the Holosim as possible and not have to open the chest while mobs are still spawning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lord Yellowmans Worthy Sacrifices

Black Panther - 5 (Buhbuhj, DiferroBiga, ICR, Lvxx, toafarmer)
Black Widow - 4 (FSJC, Lozareth, EnigmaticCakelord, soothingvapors)
Cable - 5 (Rugio, Lvxx, Rockbear, Lozareth, DegsBoop)
Captain America - 9 (Viller, Diabetic, TinyElvis, crowbb, Digitalpants, Atwes, Voon, Frankthebank, IGROWWEARYOFTHISWORLD)
Colossus - 3 (SirBloody, davebo, Tether)
Cyclops - 8 (Bladeleader, stupidsexyflanders, Lozareth, ICR, davebo, derspatchel, BRUCEWAYANS, swaggerwocky)
Daredevil - 2 (bizmarkiedesade, Mediva)
Deadpool - 4 (davebo, ICR, Lvxx, rayjin)
Dr. Strange - 5 (Lozareth, cised, deathplaque, Bladeleader, Kainserin)
Emma - 3 (penguinsin, deathplaque, Punchymcpunch)
Gambit - 4 (Frukthero, Kheldarn, trem, daia)
Ghost Rider - 8 (Lozareth, Kowak, soothingvapors, slombo, Atwes, Frankthebank, swaggerwocky, Distelt)
Hawkeye - 2 (ICR, soothingvapors)
Hulk - 7 (clgibcount, robotsinmyhead, Frankthebank, Lozareth, Atwes, Vasudus, ICR)
Human Torch - 4 (Lozareth, Hogama, ICR, pokchu)
Iceman - 0
Invisible Mom - 5 (aarontagg, soothingvapors, deathplaque, Sgbyou, Ikken)
Ironing Man - 9 (KaizerPrime, ateatree, davebo, Ougher, Spevling, Bladeleader, rgxspazz, BasilBrush, Pierson)
Jean Grey - 4 (oxidized, KarrdeThunn, MrWhale, Sgbyou)
Juggernaut - 14 (mustachevillainy, clgibcount, bearforce aka Thor, BashIronfist, Ougher, Atwes, Frankthebank, swaggerwocky, TLister, Bladeleader, VictisArbiter, heyitsshino, Kainserin, Preliquary)
Loki - 6 (byzantiumfrost, GreyjoyBastard, Lozareth, blarvin, SoSKumbo, deathplaque)
Luke Cage - 4 (ICR, nickhimself, Touzo, Zwickel, qqqqqqqqqqqq)
Magento - 4 (ReConquer, hvac, swaggerwocky, Lozareth)
Moon Knight - 6 (Tengama, Joruk, Ogreface, Mortizzle, Elucidarius, ICR)
Mr. Fantastic - 1 (MrWhale)
Ms. Marvel - 4 (Quoc, Audish, arborday, SironeC)
Nightcrawler - 4 (Shabaladoo, ICR, DegsBoop, davebo)
Nova - 4 (crowbb, ICR, KLKBot, BradCritt)
Psylocke - 8 (Eskiee, ICR, zaboron, Atwes, Hemithea, Kheldarn, Spevling, ArdyBacardi)
Punisher - 6 (Kryopsis, Distelt, Kowak, Billydeeforlyf, RaikouKonichiwabitchesX, ICR)
Rocket Raccoon - 4 (Digitalpants, Lozareth, Kallisphere, JeditOjanen)
Rouge - 8 (soothingvapors, deathplague, Burgthock, TheBamba, camsteh, PaybackJack, smork, Spevling)
Scarlet Witch - 7 (Buttes, RedHeaded, deathplague, Phyresis, Beetlejuicey, skrybbles, Twaffo)
Silver Surfer - 17 (Ajjax, clgibcount, KarrdeThunn, Lozareth, Frankthebank, Lvxx, Kordusain, Atwes, Spevling, Rugio, Zerric, swaggerwocky, Servoret, brainflakes, ICR, Bladeleader, MoratGK)
Spider-Man - 8 (GrandPiano, Kheldarn, ICR, Neverislife, rgxspazz, Frankthebank, hvac, Punchymcpunch)
Squirrel Girl - 7 (Atwes, Spudsly, BurningHammer, RedHeaded, Mckeone, chifocus, ICR)
Star-Lord - 6 (Elucidarius, ProtonDecay, Rugio, chelatek, nostrata, PyronicEX)
Storm - 4 (Travelbywar, DiferroBiga, Digitalpants, Audish)
Taskmaster - 5 (heyitsshino, abigfatbunny, deathplague, ICR, Lozareth)
Thing - 3 (crowbb, Hogama, Distelt)
Thor - 6 (Thor aka bearforce, Lozareth, Buhbuhj, Onysus, Atwes, Beetlejuicey)
Venom - 7 (Greywords, swaggerwocky, clgibcount, Spevling, oxidized, Mokhu, Atwes)
Winter Soldier - 2 (ICR, nostrata)
Wolferine - 7 (davebo, ICR, Neverislife, Rehlor, anotherbo, hvac, HebrewMagic)
X-23 - 8 (Furiously, Distelt, ICR, Lozareth, GrandPiano, soothingvapors, Eskiee, Atwes)

:siren: :siren: :siren: BRACKET BELOW :siren: :siren: :siren:

credit grancheater for this amazing chart.

Round 1 Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/thCOC9il-QA5Dm6CaqMyQTg/htmlview?pli=1
:siren: Conditional Winners from Round 1 :siren:

Big thank you to all who participated and really, a big thank you for actually coming through with a time. Round 1 can be planted as a success as we only had to truly find 3 subs. I look forward to kicking some people. :)

Most impressive: crowbb -- my jaw was on the floor from your vid. You showed the true power of Nova.
Least likely to succeed but it happened: VictisArbiter. Deadpool at near 2mins? Good lord.
Sorry about your luck, bruh: azerban. You played gibby..who has a movement char...who loves movement chars. :(
Slimmest margin of victory: Rugio (3 second win). What a tight race! ArkofTurus, I'll get you a gift too.
Best video: DrytheSolthesis. He messaged me (Do not watch my video until day of results/stream.) I honored that and was thoroughly impressed.
Best time: Lozareth at 1:27. With Loki. Nothing else to say about that as my jaw hits the floor.

I did two random drawings to see who would get 2 blessings a piece for participation. Those winners are Tether and Nechronic. I'll put these in my Page 3 in case I cannot find you in game. I thank everybody who has donated gifts so far to give to this tourney.

Round 1.5 Results: Here's a spreadsheet for round two

Matchup on the week for me: Left is Wolferine vs Captain America. Right is Black Widow vs Buffy the Winter Soldier. Good luck guys. Winners of those matches get a conditional prize.

Next round is Round of 32: Juggernaut Term
Sweet 16 is Bronx Zoo.
Elite 8 is Mandarin
Final Four is Muspelheim Sentries
Championship is Dr. Doom.

Round 2: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dit?usp=sharing

Round 3: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O47UvBVBCZxnFZZCBPVAmKnDg_hFd6gKq-22Yuqwtw0/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

KING OF THE RING TOURNEY
$50 on the line, sponsored by Lucas Cage

Goons, we are kicking the New Year off in style and getting competitive in the process. Do you like cash money honey? Well, so does Lucas Cage so you better be ready to man up to that guy for your dollars.

lol but Lucas cage isn't real who is really sponsoring this?!

Uhh please do not bash canon and real life. Lucas is very real.

Actually it's ICR and Rufiooo. So all contact goes through us...proceed to next sentence glorious reader!

How does this work?

44 Entrants Enter. 1 Winner to Rule Them All.

Think about March Madness brackets for NCAA basketball. We are doing that here. Each participant will be put on the bracket and go into a time challenged event. The player with the best time advances to the next round. Do this until ONE remains.

44?

44 players. 44 characters. No character is represented twice. I draw this all at random. This means:

A) You must play the character you are selected for the tournament.

B) If you do not have this character, you are agreeing to get this character in order to partake in the tournament. With $50 on the line, I figure this is worth your investment.

C) Example: Gibcount enters the tournament. I draw from a hat and finally gibby's name is drawn. He was my 12th name i picked so he will go in the 12th slot. Now, I draw a character from the second hat. He got Black Widow.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1n!!!

No subtext here.

Anyway, he is now Black Widow for the entire tourney. Good luck bud.

Ok so what else?

ALL RACES ARE TIMED COSMIC TERMINALS. Please refer to the attached bracket to see where Round 1 takes place.

How do I defeat my opponent?

You post the best time WITH bounty done.

"But how do I post this? That sounds harder than beating my opponent!" said the oforums Publord

Follow all of these steps:

1) Your screenshot MUST MUST MUST include:
- Time started and time finished. That's as easy as typing /time. To avoid abuse, I need your first shot to be /time at the beginning of the map WITH BOUNTY SHOWING. I need the second shot to be /time WITH BOUNTY CHEST SHOWING AND THE BOSS DEFEATED.

2) You can do a video instead.

3) You will submit your best time to me or Rufiooo AND ONLY US. You can do this by sending me a link, steam, whisper me, message me on the marvel heroes oforums, pm me here or whatever. Same goes for Rufiooo. We just need it by the deadline.

4) Deadlines are posted on bracket.

Then what?

Then I post the times by each name like a final score. Best time wins and advances.

Entrance Fee?

None. However, I appreciate any donations to be distributed back out to winners. Blarvin is a king for donating almost every competition so special shoutout to him. Same goes to gibby who is ultra supportive. Thank you so much guys.

Grand prize?

1st place: $50 Steam
2nd place: $20 Steam
3rd place: $20 Steam
4th place: I will tell you nice job.

Other prizes: Babyproof is giving a ZOLA to a random 2nd round victor.
Ipjones is giving some games away to a random. He has specific purposes to who gets what and why.

I want to sign up and show goons and Mr Gaz I am more skilled than a pubby. How do I do this?

When goons do 4 packs for steam games in the steam thread, they do a roster and people just sign it. I don't want our competitors to know who is in the tourney though. :)

PM me or tell me in game or steam me. I'll keep the list. You'll know everybody who is committed once I get all 44 people. The same goes for Rufiooo. We are working together on this. We will update how many entrants we need when we see fit.

Then, we will do the drawing, which I'm totally open to doing live or streaming or whatever. Integrity is very important here.

Any additional notes?

1) I can ONLY do this competition with 44 people entering. I will not do it with 10, 20 or 43. I need 44. One for each character in the game. This includes Bucky, the Winter Solstice Character. So if you get Bucky, you better buy him or pray to God you random him.

If you get a character you hate and you throw a temper tantrum but you entered after committing to play any character, you gotta play them. If you don't, I am kicking you from the SG for at least a month. Honesty is important here.

2) I will give 6 days for each round to give me your best time. So practice, gear up, tinker around whatever. Just submit your time is all I ask.

3) If I somehow get 88 participants, I'll do another $50 card. I don't want 88 participants. First come, first serve.

4) This will begin after Bucky is released. Tentatively, I want to start on Valentine's Day, a hypermasculine gaming day.

5) I think I'll do the drawing live so you can see who I draw and I'll even do commentary for it. That way I can laugh when you get Deadpool or Mr, Fantastic.

PRIZE LOG

$50, $40 gibby, $40 Ansob, $20 IGROWWEARYOFTHISWORLD, $20 sushipants, $30 sodapopinski (PAID), $20 Spevling, $20 Damienz, GOK davebo, games ipjones, ZOLA Babyproof, mrpeabody 3 GOKS, Lozareth fortune cards, Phyresis items or steam code

Round 1 Submissions are due in one week!

While servers are down, good luck to all and may Mr. Gaz be with you. Quick hits on what to do.

1) https://obsproject.com/
Videos first. If you have that option go that way. I am going to stream the vids and/or post them here and do like a "Sportscenter" run-through on them pitting the two competitors against each other. I will of course use Asphalt 8 an actual webcam this time and twitch properly. Again, VIDEOS FIRST.

2) Screenshots if you can't do video. Remember, TWO screens. First one is /time with a timestamp and second one is /time at the end showing boss down and two blue chests for bounty cleared.

3) Yes, ultimates ARE allowed.

4) Submit your entries to grootforce@outlook.com. I will post all times on February 7th so you know the next step for the following round. There are a lot of random prizes for both the winners and losers in the first round.

5) Again, best of luck to everybody. I honestly can't wait to see the results because I have NO idea what the winning times are going to be. Nobody has ever done a timed-Sinister. Round 1.5 is NOT Sinister again too, just fyi. It will be a one-chest term. Round 2 will not be a one-chest.

6)* Since the tourney is coming up, any monetary donations that have been committed already can be submitted now too. Please reach out to me when you are ready to paypal (unless you are doing Steam cards like gibcount, please hold those). Thank you sodapopinski for your donation already. Totally grateful.

Best of luck goons! Doomsaw, if you are here, watch this. It's going to be fun. Somebody is going to win with an 8 minute time roahhahahahh

ICR fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 5, 2015

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

this seems unnecessary

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Well, he was excited, now he's reserved.

So this patch has the fixed Cyke, Psy, and GR, correct?

Also, is the BOGO still on or did that expire?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

CzarChasm posted:

Well, he was excited, now he's reserved.

So this patch has the fixed Cyke, Psy, and GR, correct?

Also, is the BOGO still on or did that expire?

Whoa what?

I haven't played in a couple months. Can I still play Cyke stoned out of my brain and not even trying to pay attention? Is Psy good now?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yes to both.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Can anyone provide a "shopping list" of poo poo I should buy while the event is going? What's most important? What can I ignore? I'm gonna poopsock this weekend and I want to have plenty of everything without overstocking!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Eiffel On You posted:

Lord Yellowmans Worthy Sacrifices
I still say this list should only be people who have gotten to Cosmic 60.

Anyone got some insight on my question at the top of the page?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

cams posted:

I still say this list should only be people who have gotten to Cosmic 60.

Anyone got some insight on my question at the top of the page?

I answered underneath and the answer is yes. I did something like that last time cosmic prestige happened and got my boss xp.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Paineopticon posted:

Can anyone provide a "shopping list" of poo poo I should buy while the event is going? What's most important? What can I ignore? I'm gonna poopsock this weekend and I want to have plenty of everything without overstocking!

This event is crazy because everything is so good.

Have a hybrid? Power Cosmic and Power Doop, BIS.
Have a hybrid, but especially a Men/Nrg hybrid? Doop Sauce, BIS.
Have a pet class? Doop Inspiration, BIS.
Have literally any character in the game? Cosmic Insignia Upgrade, BIS. Plus upgrade tokens.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

This event is crazy because everything is so good.

Have a hybrid? Power Cosmic and Power Doop, BIS.
Have a hybrid, but especially a Men/Nrg hybrid? Doop Sauce, BIS.
Have literally any character in the game? Cosmic Insignia Upgrade, BIS. Plus upgrade tokens.

Doop pet, best in all slots.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Aphrodite posted:

Doop pet, best in all slots.

More than just Best in Slot. Best in Life.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Soothing Vapors posted:

Am I going to have to grind to max in a weekend to get this for my squirrel girl? :(

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Paineopticon posted:

Power doop runeword, i suggest getting this first because its a recipe and you can use it on all hybrids (although it does cost stones to use also)
Power cosmic bis legendary on almost all hybrids as far as i know, specially rogue
doop ectoplasm, great arti for hybrids, specially rogue
Upgrade insignias to cosmic, great for everyone if you have any worthy insignias but its a minor upgrade.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

KittyEmpress posted:

Am I going to have to grind to max in a weekend to get this for my squirrel girl? :(

These events come back every couple weeks, don't sweat it. (Worst case you can just buy it and wait.)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

It's a recipe, you can learn it on any character. Needs Doop runes tho.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Paineopticon posted:

When I came in here over a month ago when this even last occurred, my first instinct was to get the Insignia to Cosmic Upgrade, figuring I wouldn't ever get enough for the Power Cosmic. Others told me to get the Doop stuff and I managed to save enough to get the Doop enchant and still had a few hundred Worldstones to spare which I was also told to save instead of blowing on Ghost Boxes.

The things to get are:

The Power Cosmic - Legendary(last cost was 750ws)
The Power Doop - Runeword Recipe(last cost was 400ws)
Doop Ectoplasm(aka Doop Goop) - Artifact (last cost was 500ws)

Note that all these are things for hybrid characters but they're really good and the only thing more expensive than the legendary is the Cosmic Doop pet(2000ws).

Doop Inspiration is another runeword(400ws) that's pretty powerful but it seems like it's probably comparable to Mischief or some of the other popular ones for non-hybrid characters, but it is good for Summoners due to +pet stat.

I'd say the order to get them is the order I wrote, try to get Power Cosmic because while you're later running prestige levels, grinding bosses, or Xdef/Holo/MM getting more stones; that will be leveling up. There are plenty of other artifacts you can slot in until you get the Goop and while I like the Runeword and it's signifcant;y powerful when I was prestiging Rogue to 60 I didn't use it at all until I hit 60 because I was reusing urus that had Seers Blessing to help level faster. Save for the legendary, can't make it? Get the runeword(The Power Doop)

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 17, 2014

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Eiffel On You posted:

Eckert put up a very nice build in our last thread of you happened to see it. Use his skills and artifacts can just be any Energy ones. Pyro medallion for easy access since you're just leveling. Brigands for the xp on Runeword.

Use jean or iceman for energy. Your main 3 skills are Focused Beam, Optic Devastation and Rick O Shea Blast, Irish Hero. The signature is one of my faves in game.

Nothing optimal here but you will crush through no problem. Cheers.

Thanks! I've still got the old one bookmarked so I'll go check out the writeup. Got my rotating MKraan ready to go!

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

So, uh, how long do server outages typically last? Haven't been able to access the game for the last hour or so.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Anals of History posted:

So, uh, how long do server outages typically last? Haven't been able to access the game for the last hour or so.

This isn't an outage, a huge patch is going in. They'll post on the forums when the servers are up.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
My big question is: did they implement Worldstone drops in a way that doesn't use a timer? Because the ARMOR drives being non-timer drops this time around was great, and timed drops suck.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I believe it is completely random.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I think Worldstones are SIF based drops now.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Office Thug posted:

My big question is: did they implement Worldstone drops in a way that doesn't use a timer? Because the ARMOR drives being non-timer drops this time around was great, and timed drops suck.

Yes. No timer. Terminal bosses and Cosmic Bounty Chests drop Worldstone Caches, each of which contains 2 worldstones. SIF affects it all.

On Test yesterday, with 600% SIF I was getting 4-6 Caches per Shocker run. I hope it goes live just like that. I will buy so many SIF boosts Mr Gaz. I will fund your grandkids' education.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Waifu: A Lust to Remember

Waifu was born a frail girl in a village outside Taipei. Poverty-stricken, nobody knew if she would ever grow up to amount to much of anything. It wasn't until she went to college that she discovered something amazing.

She was beautiful...

She went on to major in beauty and got her Bachelors of Science in Being Beautiful.

She's divine and so can you. Here's how!

Skills

You have two major focuses. Pump up Kirisute G Komen, Assassinate and Projections as high as you can. They will make or break your build.

MAX:

Kirisute G. Komen 20 (Your "basic")
Telekinetic Prowess 20 (Your extra damage)
Deadly Assassin 20 (Your BIG extra damage and you do not toggle on)
Falling Lotus Strike 20 (Your AoE)
Psionic Projections 20 (Your way to make Assassinate hit like a truck)
Ethereal Butterflies 20 (Your "DoT" from a sig)
Psionic Assault 20 (Your true DoT to keep up at all times)
Assassinate 20 (Your biggest damaging move)

1 pt: Psionic Vortex for Vuln
1 pt: Psionic Resilience for passive

Rotation

Assault>Butterflies>Projections>Falling Lotus Strike in for position>Assassinate>couple KGK>Assassinate again>Rinse and repeat

Note: You already have a point in your movement skill. Grats.

GEAR

The fun part. Here is where things change:

4 Helas on (Pick 4):

1) Xerogen Crystal, the Pubbie GoK
2) GoK, the real GoK
3) Advanced Meta, Attack Speed Love
4) Advanced Amulet of Agamotto, Attack Speed Love
5) Idol of Khonshoes: Ranged and melee tastiness
6) Zola, Gorilla Necklace, Hyde's, Lizard's blah blah blah, everybody knows they're great
7) Omega Drive is cool

Me personally: I like attack speed. I want to be as neutral as possible as well. I have a target to get Kirisute over 2.5 atks/second. I love it that way.

Easy. You are worthless with under 20% Atk Speed. You won't kill fast enough, you won't regen Psi fast enough and you're gonna have problems. Xerogen will get you an all offense item, and you want it. 3 and 4 have +skills. Umm, yes please. Oh yeah, want to know what else rules? Agamotto has a heavy reduction of damage when you fall under 40%. Survivability is necessary. Big time.

Medal: Kurse. 500+ DR only. You want that crit and brut too. Sorry ranged, I am not going to get you dominance. Doom is very good too. Any untyped and Physical/Mental medallion is tasty here.

Relic: She is my Lemuria user. Psionic Assault is amazing for it. I don't die much.

Runeword: Power Doop.

Legendary: Power Cosmic. Don't have that? M'Kraan or Gungnir.

Ring: I went melee, crit, CDR and +948 health. I love health.

Slot 1: Shurayuki. Accept no subs. +12 Kirisute G. Komen. Yay.

Slot 2: Nate Grey's. It's your best bet.

Slot 3: Australian Outback Cloak. You need the health. Don't need the health? Go Hot Dog Cart.

Slot 4: Lady Mandarin's Suneate. Excellent buff with patch.

Slot 5: Death's Guise was my option. Matter of fact, I still love it. Get your searchlights on because you're going hunting. Get a cosmic with +5 Kirisute/+5 Assassinate/+5 Projections. Or replace Projections with something else. First two are critical.

Costume: CDR.

INSIG: Piotr Rasputin with more melee and crit on it.

Team up: Falcon. I need more crit.

The verdict

The new patch took her to the moon. She is so amazing now. Her slot 2 got a mega buff. It's highly competitive with Nate Grey's. Choose that wisely. She hits hard and is a great hybrid. Get ready to kill everything and feel like a star again. She got justice finally and I hope you enjoy her. You have lots of flexibility with your artifacts. Only keepers for sure are GoK and AMSA. Xerogen works incredibly well for her in particular so if you're not going to be too serious and just want to throw it on her, go for it. I guarantee great success with her. Have fun!

~Waifu, the beautiful~

Brief Endnotes

- Your crit and brute will both be around 40% on stat sheet. That's a lie. You'll crit and brute over 50%.

- I'll add in the Omegas. Psionics is that one on the far right maxed, Melt Face, Shadow Kings Possession, the Physical/Mental damage one, Spin Tech, Rorschach's, Pym's Shrink for smallness of course, the melee/critical rating one.

- If I discover anything else, I'll update.

DON'T WANT TO HYBRID?!?

Cool, so toggle Deadly Assassin on and go all Mental. Keep everything the same. Gungnir or M'Kraan is legendary and just hit a cheap runeword with melee on it.

ICR fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 17, 2014

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yes. No timer. Terminal bosses and Cosmic Bounty Chests drop Worldstone Caches, each of which contains 2 worldstones. SIF affects it all.

On Test yesterday, with 600% SIF I was getting 4-6 Caches per Shocker run. I hope it goes live just like that. I will buy so many SIF boosts Mr Gaz. I will fund your grandkids' education.

Excellent. I've been saving a bunch of SiF pots from MK1 cards in anticipation of another SiF-affected event drop.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I wish the models in game had larger bulges to show off the often well built penile physiques of each hero.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

This isn't an outage, a huge patch is going in. They'll post on the forums when the servers are up.

Ah, ok. I thought that was finished.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

I think power doop is probably the best thing to grab first. If you really go crazy between gung and power cosmic the pickup for damage is there but a gung will get you 90% of the way there, literally. The PC pickup is additional 1500 life and the 2k DR and it is noticeable, but power doop is going to be an awesome runeword to equip at 50 and give a huge return right at the start.

Doop ectoplasm is great for: Rogue/Cable/Jean and I wouldn't really pick it up for anyone else with the rest of the artifacts available.

Doop inspiration for summoners like: rocket/sg/rogue

Insignia upgrade is not a huge value for the return. If you don't have a summoner and don't need ectoplasm, then you should pick it up after a PC/Power doop. It's also something you can pay someone to do for a couple blessings if you provide the doop rune.

Cosmic doop pet is very important and a symbol of pure status/love for the game.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Widestancer posted:

I wish the models in game had larger bulges to show off the often well built penile physiques of each hero.

Gambit's dong is pretty good

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Soothing Vapors posted:

terminal bosses on TC drop twice as many things

Lux Aeterna posted:

Doop ectoplasm is great for: Rogue/Cable/Jean and I wouldn't really pick it up for anyone else with the rest of the artifacts available.

Someone said Cyke's Strike Team call-ins don't proc Doop stuff, can anyone confirm?

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 17, 2014

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

cams posted:

Really doubt I'll get a conclusive answer to this, but I'm curious.

As soon as the servers are up, I plan on getting on my Cosmic Rogue, going into Holo-sim, getting as high as I can, and opening a shitload of Midtown boxes I have saved from Monday. This is because I was informed that the "global" XP goes up as you get into the higher Holo Sim levels.

What I am curious about is, does that XP bonus stay around after the two deaths have gone off and the reward chest has spawned? I'd like to be able to go as far into the Holosim as possible and not have to open the chest while mobs are still spawning.

Doesn't it not get a higher multiplier until the 20s or something?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Widestancer posted:

ask TheDink, she'll probably say yes

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Doop is an overrated Slimer wanna be

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

You have two major focuses. Psi-Strike and Telekinetic Prowess. Your mission is to propel them to 45+. They will make or break your build.

MAX:

Telekinetic Prowess 20 (Your extra damage)
Deadly Assassin 20 (Your BIG extra damage and you do not toggle on)
Falling Lotus Strike 20 (Your AoE)
Psionic Projections 20 (Your way to make Assassinate hit like a truck)
Ethereal Butterflies 20 (Your "DoT" from a sig)
Psionic Assault 20 (Your true DoT to keep up at all times)
Assassinate 20 (Your biggest damaging move)

Mission failure.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Doesn't it not get a higher multiplier until the 20s or something?
My rogue is tanky enough that she can't even start taking damage until the 20's so it works out perfect for me.

Just gotta find a partner that won't die like a big 'ol idiot.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

You have two major focuses. Psi-Strike and Telekinetic Prowess.

Eiffel On You posted:

MAX:
:shobon:

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Doop Inspiration is the best pet runeword in the game. It is vastly superior compared to Beast Master. So if you really like SG or Rocket, get that.

Note that both runeword recipes require Worldstones to purchase and then a Doop Rune per use. The insignia upgrade recipe requires worldstones to purchase and then 100 worldstone items (purchaseable only during cosmic events) + a doop rune per use.

The Power Cosmic owns really hard and you should get several probably.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also don't Falcon and Domino provide the same amount of crit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Eckertmania posted:

So, after a little more testing, I think I've got the build. Before I start, though, I just want to make a quick note that Focused Beam counts as a DoT, so it will constantly proc Zola's ESP box, so you'll probably want to get one ASAP.

Power to Max:

Ricochet Beam (Hello darkness, my old friend...)
Focused Beam
Visor Off
Optic Devastation
Your choice of one of the Strike Team summons/assists, depending on gear (I really Angel for this, but all of them are really good, now)
By The Numbers
Force Something (I can't remember the name, but it's the CC break, as well)
Artist Formerly Known As Veteran Command (again, can't remember the name, but it's really nice for a good, quick DPS buff)

One Point Wonders

The passive in the melee tree (once again, can't remember name blah blah blah)
Motorcycle (because you'll have one point left over anyway, so why not?)

OD, Rico, and Visor Off are your screen clear and Focused and Visor Off are you single target DPS. All in all, really simple to play.

For when the servers are back up, before people ask for a Cyke build.

• Locked thread