Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prel
Jan 12, 2012

nostrata posted:

So did they up the damage or did they just decide to nerf the hell out of it?

Unless there is something missing from the industry gold standard patch notes, they just nerfed the hell out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

StashAugustine posted:

"Close Quarters - Cooldown increased to 15 seconds."

Fun fact, this was the cooldown time for CQC back when it was broken and would bug out and not reset properly.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

This guy posted:

Out of those I only have IM and Im not a fan of ranged heroes really.

With Ms M I an out DPSing every melee hero I have, Wolverine, Moonknight, Hulk, Thor, Thing, Colossus, BlackPanther, etc. sure some of them have higher burst damage but as far as sustained DPS Ms M clearly wins.

I'm trying to champion Ms Marvel but... how do you reply to something like that.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
So should I hold onto these bounty box things until I'm level 60?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sion posted:

[url=https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1811656#Comment_1811656]

I'm trying to champion Ms Marvel but... how do you reply to something like that.

:psyduck: You can't reason with people like that.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
I've been conned (see: ICR in the dictionary) into playing the Surfer of Silver. What's the best path to 60 (and beyond!) with this nude god amongst men, board dash?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Shine posted:

Probably, the guaranteed uniques are nice to have at 60, but uniques are relatively easy to get so it's not a terrible idea.

(Unless it's a Shadowy Mask of the Hand :argh:)

Sion posted:

[url=https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1811656#Comment_1811656]

Tell him he's bad and wrong.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Shine posted:

Probably! THey poop out some really good loot.

Additionally: I have given that dude the only reply that is possible :[

Sion fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 18, 2014

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Sion posted:

I like Ms M as well, but you have to be playing MK or Wolvie just plain badly to have her out dps them.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So hott!!!

ICR fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 18, 2014

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

starting my posting career for this thread, aiming for #7

Mikemo Tyson posted:

I've been conned (see: ICR in the dictionary) into playing the Surfer of Silver. What's the best path to 60 (and beyond!) with this nude god amongst men, board dash?

yeah dash is great and will take you all the way to 60 with no problems ever

sion, I recommend removing the link to the first silver surfer dash build (mine) you have linked and replace it with the third one as it's fully updated for this patch

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

StashAugustine posted:

Probably, the guaranteed uniques are nice to have at 60, but uniques are relatively easy to get so it's not a terrible idea.

(Unless it's a Shadowy Mask of the Hand :argh:)

Sion posted:

Probably! THey poop out some really good loot.

Cool, thanks.

Also some random L60 guys just dropped a bunch of random stuff for me, hooray for twinking

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

so perusing through the patch notes, noticed some gems:

quote:

Known Issues:

Eternity Splinter boosts not working in this game buid (fixed next patch)

don't use your splinter potions I guess...

quote:

Board Dash now stacks up to a maximum of 20 times, and displays the current stack count on the buff bar.

well, must be a typo or they randomly decided to double the stack limit at the last second

quote:

Singularity cooldown reduced to 3 seconds. Ending explosion damage slightly increased.

sweet, can't wait to play Silver Skateboarder

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

My favorite patch note is Ghost Rider's ultimate hitting for triple the damage it should.

Watch them "fix" this by accidentally lowering his damage to a third of current levels across the board next patch.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I'm kinda bummed i can't turn on waifus lightsaber on without losing 20% dmg and the hybrid stuff.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I have noticed that the 20% physical damage only shows up on the character sheer once you toggle deadly assassin on, of course this turns all your physical damage mental so you get no benefit from this part of the ability. Either the character sheet is wrong or someone goofed on the ability, either way very gaz.

**edit** after some very quick testing, the sheet is not wrong, she can never get the benefit of the 20% physical damage from deadly assassin.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Cyclops is so fuckin' fun now y'all

Psylocke is super powerful

Ghost Rider is 10/10

Gettin' all kinds of worldstones

Patch is a grand slam

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Fenris13 posted:

I have noticed that the 20% physical damage only shows up on the character sheer once you toggle deadly assassin on, of course this turns all your physical damage mental so you get no benefit from this part of the ability. Either the character sheet is wrong or someone goofed on the ability, either way very gaz.

**edit** after some very quick testing, the sheet is not wrong, she can never get the benefit of the 20% physical damage from deadly assassin.

So she is supposed to be doing even more damage? my god.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Phyresis posted:

terminal bosses on TC drop twice as many things

Someone said Cyke's Strike Team call-ins don't proc Doop stuff, can anyone confirm?

It was me, and it appears to still be the case at least as far as Angel and Power Doop is concerned. Not getting character sheet BDR nor am I getting Spirit back from him.

Again I hope this is intentional but somebody might want to tell Doomsaw because it's probably a bug.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
What is happening to this game?

Nick gets his cane, patch drops with good reworks and QoL stuff, event seems to be working ?!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Visor Off may be the most satisfying sig in the game.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
When's Juggernaut coming out? I do want him

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Lux Aeterna posted:

Shitposting awards from last thread:

Goongratulations to everyone involved and maybe someone new will climb to the top of badpost mountain

NUMBER 4 NUMBER 4

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lux Aeterna posted:

Shitposting awards from last thread:

Goongratulations to everyone involved and maybe someone new will climb to the top of badpost mountain

For, like, the first time ever, I'm in Top 10!

Cosmic today!

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Welp been waiting to get home from work to play the update. Now someone post new builds for eyeclops and for nova even though it's only been a few hours. :colbert:

edit: auto-loot credits AND med-kits? Holy poo poo this patch is fantastic.

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 18, 2014

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

HogX posted:

Welp been waiting to get home from work to play the update. Now someone post new builds for eyeclops and for nova even though it's only been a few hours. :colbert:

Both have been done, though I don't think ICR's build for Booster Gold made it to the new thread...

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
If the Cyc build is still legit my body is ready

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Leper Residue posted:

I like Ms M as well, but you have to be playing MK or Wolvie just plain badly to have her out dps them.

Ms. M has a really low skill ceiling so this is probably the case. I'm probably the closest thing the thread has to a straight-up Carol Danvers apologist and even I think he's dumb.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Hit 60 today! Opened alot of chests I'd saved to get some uniques and what not. What should I be focusing on? I know *some* of the things I could be doing (as Rocket Racoon):

-Continue to do LQs for blessings on artifacts [note: currently I'm rocking artifacts goons were kind enough to pass on to me, but nothing is like...max rolled or anything obviously]
-Focus on worldstones to get Doop Inspiration (best for summoner build I hear)
-Get better gear - what's best for that? I need better everything - uniques, artifacts, cores, medallions, insignia, etc. I do have my Legendary.
-Get more omega points (don't know if LQs is still the best thing for that, but you need so many that grinding for them seems like a bad idea)
-Get a pet (ES the only way without prestiging / cash shop I think? Other than an insanely rare drop of course)

I know there's stuff to do at max level - run terms for cube shards (looks like progression ), do the shared daily quests, just run midtown for fun, etc - but I don't know what's best to focus on or why you'd do one over the other.

Also no I'm not prestiging/cosmicing :P. Still working on my crafter too - he hit 19 before I hit 60, so not too far left on him, then I finish up the enchanter (only at like 7 or something).

So yeah, any advice on what "goal9s)" to set and go for would be appreciated!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This is the best day of my life let's all get married.

If you have been gone and you aren't playing this with us, log back in for once. Experience the magic.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

xZAOx posted:

Also no I'm not prestiging/cosmicing :P.

Of course you're not. :3:

If you haven't tried cosmic terminals yet, that might be something to look into. They're the fastest way (outside of raids) to get better gear, omegas, event currency (maybe?), and XP for your Legendary. They'll also show you where your character is weakest right quick, whether it be damage or defense. I'd just start at the top of the list with Shocker and work your way down at your leisure, taking note of whatever fucks you up the worst, and then looking to patch the problem with gear when you can.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Booster Gold

Every time I think they've hit their peak, goons continue to amaze and astound me with their constant advancements in the nickname sciences.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Cykes optic devastation skill is so satisfying to use. It is the bees knees.

Edit: Also no freaking ground dots, thank god. Just straight up aoe goodness.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

xZAOx posted:

What should I be focusing on? I know *some* of the things I could be doing (as Rocket Racoon):

You should be playing a better hero. Which is any of them.

COME AT ME SANSAFRO

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Can't launch it from Steam post-patch, "Connection timed out".

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod
Ranged build for Cosmic Arlington County Guy --

MAX:

Nova Beam
Unstable Pulsar
Magneton Pulsar
Supermassive Pulsar
Starbound Power
Worldmind Assistance
Supernova
Falling Star

1pt:

Cosmic Resilience

Rotation is hit Supernova and throw out as many supermassive pulsars as you can in 5 seconds. Then throw out your other pulsars and detonate with falling star. Detonation resets the cooldown on Unstable, so keep playing ping pong between Unstable and Nova Beam until the other 2 pulsars are off CD (happens at the same time as falling star). Rinse and repeat.

The damage in this build is 100% area so I'm using a doc ock medallion and stuff like pluvian superconductor and power prism shard are fine until you want to drop one of the big hitter artifacts on him.

Gibborim or Lemuria would be my first choice for relics but I didn't have a big stack of either sitting around, so I'm using Attilan.

I'm using M'Kraan as legendary because he was a spirit hog on test in any build. Slightly less in this one because of the spirit return on Starbound Power, but he still goes through his pool fast.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

xZAOx posted:

Hit 60 today! Opened alot of chests I'd saved to get some uniques and what not. What should I be focusing on? I know *some* of the things I could be doing (as Rocket Racoon):

-Continue to do LQs for blessings on artifacts [note: currently I'm rocking artifacts goons were kind enough to pass on to me, but nothing is like...max rolled or anything obviously]
-Focus on worldstones to get Doop Inspiration (best for summoner build I hear)
-Get better gear - what's best for that? I need better everything - uniques, artifacts, cores, medallions, insignia, etc. I do have my Legendary.
-Get more omega points (don't know if LQs is still the best thing for that, but you need so many that grinding for them seems like a bad idea)
-Get a pet (ES the only way without prestiging / cash shop I think? Other than an insanely rare drop of course)

I know there's stuff to do at max level - run terms for cube shards (looks like progression ), do the shared daily quests, just run midtown for fun, etc - but I don't know what's best to focus on or why you'd do one over the other.

Also no I'm not prestiging/cosmicing :P. Still working on my crafter too - he hit 19 before I hit 60, so not too far left on him, then I finish up the enchanter (only at like 7 or something).

So yeah, any advice on what "goal9s)" to set and go for would be appreciated!

Seems like you have a pretty good handle on it with the list of poo poo you made. Just prioritize them in order of return on your time, I'd say. Also make sure you have the trade channel on so you can get a feel for what stuff is worth, you can save yourself a lot of effort by bumbling into something you have no use for that happens to be valuable. Bumbling into a Hand of Doom or something can get you all your blessings and a good Groot insignia, for instance.

Also you want to get two Pym's Shrinking Serums and drop your first 300 omega points into the small-making power. Be the smallest raccoon.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You should be playing a better hero. Which is any of them.

COME AT ME SANSAFRO

get hosed

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dick Rider Best Rider, I went from 1-12 in like fifteen minutes. Based Gaz.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Doctor Strange (Ask your doctor if Valtorr is right for you) went from 16 to 35 in just under an hour and a half tonight and finished the last SQ literally seconds before the rollover :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.
Less than 4hr of play tonight, already got a Power Cosmic. Thank god.

(now to farm like 8 more for psylocke, iron man, the dark future in which ms. marvel doesn't loving suck, etc.)

• Locked thread