Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
I've gone from knowing nothing about wargames to playing Wargame Red Dragon to playing No Retreat! Let's go further backwards!

##DOWN WITH NAPOLEON! Subordinate commander please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Well this is odd. We have 8 players, but 2 of them both say "give me the last slot". Can we claim Gutter Owl for the Austrian/Russian side?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Well, Napoleon was an artillery commander first...

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Gutter Owl posted:

Complete aside from the tactics of the game: The more I look at this map, the grumpier I get.

I'll bet even the tactical officers of the era would be confused by the map :cheeky:

And hey, I am also an allied newbie! The reason I wanted you on our side was because I thought you'd played this before, and it could counterweight my newness.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Ahahaha, the French cowards refuse to even take the field! Laugh with me, my Prussian friend! Ahahah!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

We're just roleplaying. :france:

Also, Prussians? At Austerlitz? Is that the kind of dirty tricks silvergoose was talking about?

Bah! All of you west of the Vistula that aren't French are Prussian! Give me more vodka!

(Actually I forgot it was Austria, durr :ssh:)

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Is that a reference to my moves? :ohdear:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

:wtc: is that thing?! It'd probably be faster to just send a cavalry courier than try to translate...that!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

You can all analyze how the stupidity of General-Poruchik Davin Valkri cost the Allies at Austerlitz later :v:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I'm sure you're happy with the results of your charge, you crazy French jerk.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Now all we need to do is complete the penetration in the north...and salvage the center...and maybe do something in the south...

...this would be a lot easier if we didn't have limited commands!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Call it a draw then? I guess the units under my control were dead men walking anyways. Or at least Dokhtorov was, at least.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Same here. It was surprisingly tense and fun playing as the Allies.

Tekopo posted:

Sure thing, well call it a draw. Sorry for dropping the ball on this! Feel free to look at each other's threads. Btw, the French center would have been absolutely crushed if it had gone another turn.

Oh? Was it because it was weak or because our boss had gotten heavy cavalry around the north flank?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Tevery Best posted:

As for the 134 situation, I made a mistake in not attacking in the correct order, with the push from Das Schloss coming up later, once the enemy was committed. However, once it all happened, I knew what units Dokhtorov had and I knew that I can hold him with a single 2-inf unless he pushed with two guys, and if he wanted to do that, he had to reattach them to his corps, and that would give me an advance warning.

I choose to believe that Dokhtorov acted as an "army in being", drawing much needed troops away from your center. :cheeky: And wow, I did not even notice that Langeron was in position to cut into 72. Maybe I'm a better strategist than I thought?

Most of my notes are in the thread, I think.

EDIT: Also, wouldn't have my pushing into 72 resulted in an immediate counterattack from Davout? A counterattack that I would have nothing to absorb?

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 24, 2015

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Oh, yeah, you hadn't used your guard infantry, had you? That means that an attack into 72 would have cost you 8 morale points along with your four step casualties! Sweet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Gutter Owl posted:

Every time my orders were posted, my immediate thought was "NONONO DON'T DO THAT WHY DID I TELL YOU TO DO THAT WHAT WAS I THINKING."

I think everybody was thinking something like that when they gave their orders. I know all of my orders should have sidebars of "this is my first game, don't blame me if this costs us everything!"

• Locked thread