Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Leafs look like a team with puck support, what is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Roman Polak sucks :siren:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Is this where I point out that the Leafs got rid of actual decent roster players in the process of acquiring Clarkson and Polak? Forget Carlyle, how is Nonis not fired yet?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Man, between the game against Boston and this one Johan Franzen just looks done. He's basically in old-man-Recchi mode now.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeesh, that's a hard luck play.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

You are, uh, blaming him on the play where he gets knocked down by Gardiner?

He did this in the last GDT too, I think it's just one of those long-held opinion things.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I think it was a missed poke check, Zetterberg's twisting the puck away as he goes out and then he catches Gardiner and they both go down. Pretty brutal.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Matt Frattin is currently wearing a look of deepest concern while silently fist-pumping in the press box.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I just love how Nonis can shamelessly talk about how he's downgrading his roster players and present it as a reasonable/considered thing to do.

"I think Gunnarsson will do great after his surgery, and we certainly played him 25+ minutes a night in the 2D slot. We think Polak will add the sandpaper we're looking for as the 4/5D"

"We just bought out the guy who we clearly think is our second-best center and might actually be our best center. I don't care if David Clarkson scores goals."

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Uuuuugh. And to think this game started pretty well.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Also Nyquist is shooting like 40% on the year.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

Good job Kadri, now you're going to get stapled to the bench.

These are definitely the Leafs I know and am largely ambivalent towards.

The replay of him coasting in was pretty damning, yeah. Front row seats to Nyquist's nameplate.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Nonis is in Edmonton? C'mooooon Petry trade.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Stop right there Cox. No need to bring Reimer into this, Edmonton needs a center and the Leafs have a shiny Tyler Bozak.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

*Goalie has no stick, is down early to cover fivehole and will have difficulty directing pucks*

*Clarkson backhands the puck high glove*

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Oh man. Gotta make "where puck???" a thing.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Holland is sloooooowly extinguishing the hope I had for him being a decent top 9 centre.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

C'monnn Edmonton for the double-toss!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

grack posted:

Next one's going to be wrapped around a brick and fired at Polak. Or Carlyle.

Comedy option: Robidas and it breaks his leg again.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Detroit announcers have been going on for 5 minutes about the jersey on the ice.

I'm actually kind of sad I'm missing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

AegisP posted:

Just noticed the thread title :dance:

Also, what the gently caress, Polak almost scored? Not out of the doghouse yet, Polak.

I bag on the guy a lot but mostly because of the cost of acquiring him. He's obviously a better dman than, say, Tim Gleason or Ryan O'Byrne. Which is probably just damning with faint praise.

-edit- Forgot about Mark Fraser, that guy sucked too.

• Locked thread